ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement: A heartfelt sendoff and a look ahead to the future

Originally posted by atex720:

Originally posted by UTshirtfanSWT:
Ketch...I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to be part of the search committee...even if it's a S. Patterson style committee that is never consulted.
Me too. We can split the $100k
search committees get more than 100K. just saying...

Originally posted by hilltophorn:
Come on down Coach Walker.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
What do you mean? Coach Walker never left.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Ketch...I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to be part of the search committee...even if it's a S. Patterson style committee that is never consulted.
search committees get more than 100K. just saying...
Was thinking about giving you a discount, but we can charge market price if you'd like.

I'll claim the 3rd seat.

Not sure it's a coincidence that Chip is moving on as the last McCoy moves on.

Originally posted by MustGoFaster:

I'll claim the 3rd seat.
Glad to have you!

My top 3 targets as of now: Peter King, Adam Schefter and Jeff Madden

Wow! This is a surprise. Good luck Chip! You will be missed. You are one of the top reasons I am a member of this site. I always appreciated and enjoyed your columns.

Originally posted by Suchomel

Originally posted by DustinMcComas:

Originally posted by Longhorns8484:
Big loss for OB.
Chip will be missed, but he's one of the reasons why we're in a position to go out and get an outstanding person to fill the void. It's an opportunity for Chip to explore and try to reach new, different heights in the industry, and his impact here allows us to have the attention of some very attractive options.
Yep. OB has the power, resources and commitment to make a great hire. That should not be a concern for anyone.

I wish Chip the best. What opportunities does Scout offer that OB couldn't?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I can't say how much I respect and admire Ketch for letting me say goodbye to the OB family.

It means everything. Thanks for the incredible thoughts Ketch, Alex and Dustin.

Ketch is simply a force in this biz. And it's also been great watching Dustin and Alex grow into their own style. You all are churning out great stuff. Keep it rollin and take it easy on the little guy.
cool.r191677.gif

Originally posted by TCUHorns:
Dammit! Well good luck to you, Chip. We will all miss your stories, you've been a great piece of OB. You've helped take OB to new heights. Drop in from time to time.

Ketch good luck with the search!

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I have to admit that the search thus far has been kind of exciting. One national writer that everyone knows from another beat called the job was one of the best in the country. I've been surprised at the interest level thus far. Part of that is due to the work Chip has contributed in these last 6 years.
Gruden?!?
I am looking towards the NFL.
So it's not Major?

Chip - you were a big reason I kept my DMN subscription for so long here in Austin. Not blowing smoke - Over all the years when I opened to the sports page I would always look for Blackie's column on Sunday and your coverage on any day. Happy to have had your expertise on this site. Best wishes. Are you still going to do your radio gig on 104?

Originally posted by Suchomel:
Like Ketch said, today's a sad day on one hand, but I can't help but be excited for a guy for whom I have an enormous amount of respect.

I'm out of the country right now, but made sure I could be around the computer when this announcement was made so I could show the type of support that Chip deserves. He'll be missed greatly. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Chip both personally and professionally, I'm glad to call him a friend and I'm proud of what he's helped us build here at Orangebloods.

I feel like he and I had a terrific working chemistry, but I'm excited for him as he takes on new challenges. I have no doubts that he'll be terrific in any and all endeavors.

As much as I'll miss having Chip here, after having lengthy talks with Ketch, I'm excited about the direction we're heading and the future of OB. When we hired Chip, it was a risky move for him to leave the print industry to come over to Rivals. That's not the case anymore, in large part thanks to his work. The fact that working at OB is job that is coveted by others is a credit to Chip. Ketch has always been all-in on making OB the best place it can be, and I have no doubts that we'll make a terrific hire to fill the void.

Good luck to my man Chip Brown on his new endeavor. Much love to you for all the hard work you've put in over the years to make OB a special place!
Jason, you are a pro. A total pro. I'll never forget being in the trenches with you brother. A pleasure. Go Stillers.

Congrats Chip! You've always been one of my favorites. I wish you luck in your future endeavors and the pursuit of your dreams!

Originally posted by RLong68:

Not sure it's a coincidence that Chip is moving on as the last McCoy moves on.
That's a microphone dropper RLong68 ... Absolutely fitting post from the Long man. ...
cool.r191677.gif

Congrats to Chip and I wish you well because you will be missed.

I'm fully confidant that Ketch will bring in a stud like Manny Diaz type replacement... um, wait, we all know...

"It's Austin"

Best of luck, Chip. You did a lot of great work for the site and rolled with the punches.

"Can you see very well today, Chip, with your head so far up your ass?"

smokin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT