ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard to Texas

Lol. Pretty much a microcosm of this team this season in one game… what a joke

This team desperately needs a true point guard. Morris will help a ton next year. They don't have anybody that can create.

Year one of a complete overhaul. I will wait and see how next year goes before I start forming an opinion.......

Big deal. We lost a meaningless conference tournament game. It’s almost impossible to beat the same team 3 times in the same season in the same conference. Especially the Big 12. We’ll be a 5 or 6 seed and are very capable of getting to the sweet 16. I’ll be thrilled if we can get to the 2nd round. Next year I’ll expect us to take another step up.

Big deal. We lost a meaningless conference tournament game. It’s almost impossible to beat the same team 3 times in the same season in the same conference. Especially the Big 12. We’ll be a 5 or 6 seed and are very capable of getting to the sweet 16. I’ll be thrilled if we can get to the 2nd round. Next year I’ll expect us to take another step up.
I bet Baylor or Tech would beat us 3 out of 3 if we played them again.

Umm coach isn’t that why you are paid? To get your teams mind right? You also virtually handpicked this team
Handpicked? Come on man he was scrambling to fill the roster and had to resort the transfer portal to do that. Your hate of Beard is a little over the top and at this point it's kind of weird to me. Winning 1 tournament game this season will surpass what Shaka couldn't accomplish in 6 years. You can't change the culture of the program in 10 months. It doesn't work like that.

Handpicked? Come on man he was scrambling to fill the roster and had to resort the transfer portal to do that. Your hate of Beard is a little over the top and at this point it's kind of weird to me. Winning 1 tournament game this season will surpass what Shaka couldn't accomplish in 6 years. You can't change the culture of the program in 10 months. It doesn't work like that.
Right now I can't tell the difference between this team and Shaka's teams. Some good games, a few lucky games, and some WTF games. Figured a coaching upgrade would cut out the WTF games but here we are.

Right now I can't tell the difference between this team and Shaka's teams. Some good games, a few lucky games, and some WTF games. Figured a coaching upgrade would cut out the WTF games but here we are.
I disagree. This team plays way better defense under Beard. I'm not going to overreact to one season like some might do. It takes time to come in and change the culture of the program. They are still lacking a true PG and Morris will fill that void next year. If they come out and win a game or 2 in tournament then this season is a success in my opinion.

Some of our negative nancy fans do not understand the concept unfortunately. Your post was spot-on.

I disagree. This team plays way better defense under Beard. I'm not going to overreact to one season like some might do. It takes time to come in and change the culture of the program. They are still lacking a true PG and Morris will fill that void next year. If they come out and win a game or 2 in tournament then this season is a success in my opinion.
This is true. Many good teams are tanking their conference tournament games. The conference tournaments are a waste of time.

Who is overracting? Is talking about our concerns considered overreacting all of a sudden? The fact is Beard hasn't impressed so far in year one, but he has more years to keep building his program. No one is mad at him, we're just giving our opinions.

This is true. Many good teams are tanking their conference tournament games. The conference tournaments are a waste of time.
I agree about the conference tournaments. It only helps bubble teams improve thier stock, the rest basically use it as exhibition games.

Who is overracting? Is talking about our concerns considered overreacting all of a sudden? The fact is Beard hasn't impressed so far in year one, but he has more years to keep building his program. No one is mad at him, we're just giving our opinions.
I'm just saying lets wait until the season is over to assess whether the season was a success or a failure. Beard has already matched Shaka's highest win total in his first season. I think all this team lacks a little bit of chemistry and that's probably in part to it being made up of mostly transfers. Still not a bad season at all to this point though.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
I'm just saying lets wait until the season is over to assess whether the season was a success or a failure. Beard has already matched Shaka's highest win total in his first season. I think all this team lacks a little bit of chemistry and that's probably in part to it being made up of mostly transfers. Still not a bad season at all to this point though.
Agreed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT