ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard to Texas

Aggies are about to get their asses handed to them by Tennessee. I'm calling it.

Rick Barnes is a damn good coach. Always liked him. Another wonderful move by Steve Patterson to terminate him. What a douchebag Patterson was....he so badly wanted to be relevant and woke. Hiring Strong and Smart set our athletics program back for an entire decade.

Aggies are about to get their asses handed to them by Tennessee. I'm calling it.

Rick Barnes is a damn good coach. Always liked him. Another wonderful move by Steve Patterson to terminate him. What a douchebag Patterson was....he so badly wanted to be relevant and woke. Hiring Strong and Smart set our athletics program back for an entire decade.
Remember that time someone on here warned us about that guy Patterson?

I don't know that the Rick Barnes decision was altogether bad. He is a great coach, but it seemed like he and Texas needed a fresh start, but the Shaka Smart hire was a poor choice for a replacement.

If we can pull out a 5 seed that would be ideal. Need to stay away from a 7-9 seed as that would give us a likely 2nd round match up with a 1 or 2 seed. If we can get out of the 1st round as a 5 seed, we're looking at going against another 4-6 seed in the 2nd round.

We got a 6 seed in the East bracket. Playing Virginia Tech who is an 11 seed. Va Tech beat Duke yesterday to win the ACC tournament. They’re one of the hottest teams in the tournament. This will not be an easy game but we should be considered the favorite.

If we can get past Va Tech it puts us in a likely 2nd round matchup with Purdue, the 3 seed.

Aggy and Sooner didn’t make the tournament. They’re both probably NIT bound.

None of the teams in the ACC had a defense ranked in the top 20. Va Tech will be facing the top defense they’ve seen all year. If we get to the next round against Purdue it’ll be a top 5 defense against a top 5 offense.

we'll beat va tech, guys. if they hadn't won the acct they wouldn't have made the ncaa. and my first inclination is to retract my s16/e8 call when i see purdue. but crazy stuff happens in the tournament and it almost always happens to teams like purdue. they're good and matt painter is good, but seems like they always fall short of expectations. so we're a threat to them. beat va tech first. one at a time. we have it in us, as kansas and tennessee will attest, and probably tech and baylor too if you hooked them up to a lie detector.

If we play 40 minutes of sound defense, we're a threat to the Hokies and Purdue. I wouldn't have made this statement last season.
On the other hand, this time of the season, the game is played on the court and not on paper. Strange things happen. Anyone remember ACU?

But hey, they were equitable hires so theres that. That said I had high hopes for Smart and Strong showed promise with what he did at Louisville. It just didn't work out.

You guys have a good coach now too, a younger version. Rick Barnes will probably be out of coaching in a handful of years at his age. Maybe have spun wheels for a few years to get there but at least you are there now IMO.

Reactions: westx
And Lady Horns own a 14-9 halftime lead! Fire Vic Shaffer!
But really, only 14 points?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT