ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Strong: If a man hits a woman, he's got to go play somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I apologizing for? I mean if im an apologist, there must be something I am apologizing for. This is exactly the punishment I think is appropriate for the situation. I dont care who doesnt agree. And if he was dismissed, I would have been okay with that too.

And yep, there was a video. Care to show it to me? Got a link? no?
a·pol·o·gist
[uh-pol-uh-jist]
NOUN
1. a person who makes a defense in speech or writing of a belief, idea, etc.

Boren fits the bill as well...“When you look at Mixon and Shannon," Boren told the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig, "that’s a pretty good recruiting class in and of itself.” Pretty foolish to invoke the names of the clowns when being interviewed about your football team, this was less than a month ago!

You can thank an Oklahoma judge for locking up that video that was shown to members of the media...Had it gone public, he wouldn't be on the team? That's pretty telling of the situation.

"Given that this is the university that found a way to play and recruit a variety of psychopaths (and got a redshirt year for Dusty Dvoracek after he hit a friend with a baseball bat) the final chapter isn't written on this one."Scipio

Also, it's not about second chances...Because, America isn’t a Land of Second Chances. It’s a land of blindly overlooking indiscretion for the sake of the talented. You can get a third or fourth chance if you’d like with some of these coaches!

Last edited:
TexasEXSpur, Woa, there Tonto, you might not like Dvorchek but the base ball bat is pure Longhorn urban legend. Started on Shaggy Bevo. It didn't happen but carry on with your diatribe.

Don't stop. MM is about to go mega-ton on you. At least go out with a bang heisan.

Here's the bottom line, unless a woman is pointing a damn loaded gun at you, you have no right to lay a finger on her. And even if she is pointing a gun at you, you should ask yourself what you did to deserve that.

No, but I dont know why having a daughter will necessarily make me see things YOUR way. I have young sisters, cousins and nieces and other family members I care for. Doesnt change my opinion, having a kid wont change my actual opinion.

I get your stance. I understand. Doesnt mean it's the law, or that I have to agree. If a woman is pointing a gun at me, I am not thinking about why, that's a secondary issue to the primary issue of not being shot.

a·pol·o·gist
[uh-pol-uh-jist]
NOUN
1. a person who makes a defense in speech or writing of a belief, idea, etc.

Boren fits the bill as well...“When you look at Mixon and Shannon," Boren told the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig, "that’s a pretty good recruiting class in and of itself.” Pretty foolish to invoke the names of the clowns when being interviewed about your football team, this was less than a month ago!

You can thank an Oklahoma judge for locking up that video that was shown to members of the media...Had it gone public, he wouldn't be on the team? That's pretty telling of the situation.

"Given that this is the university that found a way to play and recruit a variety of psychopaths (and got a redshirt year for Dusty Dvoracek after he hit a friend with a baseball bat) the final chapter isn't written on this one."Scipio

Also, it's not about second chances...Because, America isn’t a Land of Second Chances. It’s a land of blindly overlooking indiscretion for the sake of the talented. You can get a third or fourth chance if you’d like with some of these coaches!

Uhh, them im an apologist for a littany of things. Im an apologist for my right to own my semi automatic rifles, abortion, gay marriage, and apparently Mixon playing football. Im not an apologist for his actions, not in any way. I do however support a year suspension or dismissal, I think either is appropriate. It may not be about second chances to you, but it is to me. I think most anyone in most any situation deserves the benefit of a 2nd chance, that's just who I am wired, I've been this way my entire life. I am someone who benefited greatly from a completely undeserved second chance in life. I would feel the same way if OU wasnt involved in anything like this at all and that's all there is to it. Also, I completely disagree that the punishment Mixon received equates in any way to being blindly overlooked or lacking in punishment. Either way, Mixon will be running on the field this year and it'll be fun to watch him play!

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
I changed the day my son was born and changed even more the day my daughter was born, until you have a family and depending on how hard it is for that to occur/money, time and effort. It's simply an unknown for you! As for you getting a second chance, I can see why you stand where you do. I'm glad our coach won't tolerate or allow anyone responsible for this type of action to play on our football team. He also will not take a transfer with a history of this nature!

I'll agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited:
TexasEXSpur, Woa, there Tonto, you might not like Dvorchek but the base ball bat is pure Longhorn urban legend. Started on Shaggy Bevo. It didn't happen but carry on with your diatribe.
Whether it's fact or legend, it wasn't his first assault charge while on campus... was it his third to be investigated. Was there also a sexual assault allegation before that? He was a gem...

TexEx, actually it was but he did have a couple of issues while in Dallas. No doubt Dusty had anger issues probably roid induced. Seems like he has his life straightened out. He has a very successful radio career going and most feel he will be at ESPN in the near future. He was a very good academic student. Most have lost sight of how he hurt his friend was by pushing him and his head hit the floor. It was almost a catastrophic incident that could have cost his friend his life. In this case, I think Stoops's second chance was good for all.

I was still against Chaisson, DGB and Mixon just to be clear.

Whether it's fact or legend, it wasn't his first assault charge while on campus... was it his third to be investigated. Was there also a sexual assault allegation before that? He was a gem...

EX, If there was a sexual issue, I don't remember it.

TexEx, actually it was but he did have a couple of issues while in Dallas. No doubt Dusty had anger issues probably roid induced. Seems like he has his life straightened out. He has a very successful radio career going and most feel he will be at ESPN in the near future. He was a very good academic student. Most have lost sight of how he hurt his friend was by pushing him and his head hit the floor. It was almost a catastrophic incident that could have cost his friend his life. In this case, I think Stoops's second chance was good for all.

I was still against Chaisson, DGB and Mixon just to be clear.
Gotcha!

EX, If there was a sexual issue, I don't remember it.
He was accused, we all know that can be iffy. In 2002, the Cleveland County district attorney’s office evaluated - but declined to pursue - a sexual assault complaint filed with OU police against Dvoracek.

I changed the day my son was born and changed even more the day my daughter was born, until you have a family and depending on how hard it is for that to occur/money, time and effort. It's simply an unknown for you! As for you getting a second chance, I can see why you stand where you do. I'm glad our coach won't tolerate or allow anyone responsible for this type of action to play on our football team. He also will not take a transfer with a history of this nature!

I'll agree to disagree and move on.

I understand. My issue personally is that I view a one-off incident like this differently than I do in an actual "woman beating" scenario like with Tyreke Hill. He showed malice and ill intent, and a pattern of behavior. Mixon screwed up in the heat of a moment, took 1 second to make a stupid mistake and he's paying for it harder at OU than he would have if he decided to just bounce out and leave. I will say that there are plenty of people with daughters who also agree with me too, just as well as there are many who dont. It's a matter of opinion what is a sufficient punishment. If you dont like it, fine, this is a good opportunity to appeal to the ncaa for some eligibility enforcement and the district attorney for some legal enforcement, until then it's completely up to the university to mete what they feel is necessary punishment. I have no problems with wanting him dismissed though. I also have no problems with 1 year suspension and earning your way back. I personally think that shows more character than high tailing it out.

TexEX, I find nothing on Dusty and sexual assault in 2002. Not saying it didn't happen, google just didn't find it. give me a link, I am not curious.

Guys, my position on Mixon is well documented and this subject has been beaten to death and probably always will be. You guys accuse Ou of favoring him in his punishment because he was a 5 * which is probably true.

On the other hand, if he had been a 2 star from Mason and had the exact same incident at OU, would it merit constant play on here, me thinks not. Seems convenient for all parties.

Reactions: TexExSpur
Where is the thread about the Texas Tech player that clocked the chick in a pickup BB game? I don't see it. You guys should be indignant about that also.

Last edited:
I know I'll get the response such as " if u don't like it then leave" but how many topics and discussions will y'all have over this? 20 topics? 50? At some point you are going to have to let it go. I'll make a prediction right now. At some point this year during a Texas game( a big game) some poster will be on here making a topic about ou and mixon, etc. Sad but true.
In case you were under a rock both Stoops and Strong were asked about Mixon at media days. It's a a potential train wreck for OU if the video ever comes out, as it's too late for OU to kick Mixon off the team. He has legal recourse now.

Where is the thread about the Texas Tech player that clocked the chick in a pickup BB game? I don't see it. You guys should be indignant about that also.
Nigel Bethel, I'm sure there was one and it's another black-eye. Did coach Bro get asked about it at media days, I know the video was released on that pick-up basketball game where as a judge put the Mixon video in the safe.

I never heard what the final ordeal was between Battle and Bethel.

If I remember correctly it was successfully argued that the girl was equally to blame for the fight, and that sexes being equal and what not, you could not punish one without punishing the other, thus neither was particularly harshly punished

If I remember correctly it was successfully argued that the girl was equally to blame for the fight, and that sexes being equal and what not, you could not punish one without punishing the other, thus neither was particularly harshly punished

LOL, you do know that was the Cleveland county DA's same thinking on the mild Mixon charge. (according to what was reported in DOK)

Neither Mixson nor Shannon should have been allowed back on the team. They should have kicked out of school. Look at what's been going on in the NFL where men get paid. They were suspended without pay. Ray Rice is a good player but the Ravens released him and others have been released as well.

Last year was the worst team in the Stoops era. For the first time Bob Stoops has been criticzed by the fans. For the first time there are a lot of questions about the talent, about how good the sooners will be this year. For the first time all is not well is not well on the good ship Stoops. The pressure, the need to win big, that Stoops is bringing back players who should have kicked out not suspended. As I said above players have been released without severance pay. Sadly the need at OK to win big takes precedence over everything else.

Unfortunately, the spirit of Barry Switzer is still alive in Norman, Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Reactions: tummer
Guys make topics JUST to get responses from ou fans and when they do you act shocked or surprised.

I started a topic about a tweet quoting the head coach of the Texas Longhorns football team.

Neither I nor our coach mentioned 0U.

If y'all have such a guilty conscience over the fact your program doesn't live up to the standards of a decent, moral society...so much that you think our coach reaffirming our righteousness is somehow some kind of attack on you, that's not my problem.

I started a topic about a tweet quoting the head coach of the Texas Longhorns football team.

Neither I nor our coach mentioned 0U.

If y'all have such a guilty conscience over the fact your program doesn't live up to the standards of a decent, moral society...so much that you think our coach reaffirming our righteousness is somehow some kind of attack on you, that's not my problem.

LOL, Tummer, I am sure ole Charlie was not jabbing Stoops at all.

LOL, Tummer, I am sure ole Charlie was not jabbing Stoops at all.
I've heard the whole audio. He was asked about Mixon. Strong did not know the details of the case so the reporter gave him the details. When he heard that he punched a woman in the face he said he would help him find another place to play by that he could not play for Strong. He only answered the question when prodded: hardly taking a cheap shot.

And I didn't say what they did in Lubbock was right, I'm saying they squeezed their player through a loop hole bc no one wanted to see the female athlete kicked off.

I've heard the whole audio. He was asked about Mixon. Strong did not know the details of the case so the reporter gave him the details. When he heard that he punched a woman in the face he said he would help him find another place to play by that he could not play for Strong. He only answered the question when prodded: hardly taking a cheap shot.

And I didn't say what they did in Lubbock was right, I'm saying they squeezed their player through a loop hole bc no one wanted to see the female athlete kicked off.

Horn01, Pardon me, are you shi..... me? Charlie didn't know the details, sorry I have to toss the B.S. flag about 50 yards

Every Horn in this thread would still hate OU if both Mixon andShannon had been summarily dispatched. Oh boo boo....I hope Mixon has an all American day against UT so you in bred goat humping babies can cry some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT