ADVERTISEMENT

I thought it was "Big Hat, No Cattle"

You honestly think the PAC wanted Utah and Colorado but wouldn't take OU alone?
Hypothesize about what ifs all you want. They offered to take you if we were in the deal, they didn't want you when we weren't. Simple facts. Like I said, you're a member of a lying, cheating, sh*tty group of human beings. It's in your sub-par DNA. I don't blame you, Jethro.

I also don't blame you for not liking us telling you how it's going to be and you having to do it. But it is what it is.

By the way, bald faced liar about every single topic, the entire Big 8 only had 7% of the national tv market at the formation of the Big XII. That's why you needed UT and the tv sets we brought. That's why you were poor. That's why UT was able to set the guidelines for the new conference. Know your role, dumbass okie.

Last edited:
The only thing that seemed neat to me about the longhorn network was the horns ability to see all of the home baseball games. With our switch to the SEC, the SEC Network+ has given me the ability to watch almost every baseball game besides the road non conference games. I'm very happy with the switch.

You really enjoy getting to watch MORE aggy failure? Sad stuff

Reactions: Scholz
Surely there is some ad revenue? There are plenty of ads. I don't pay Google or Facebook anything, but they both seem to be doing fine.

It is a network for Longhorn fans. Of course other teams fans are not going to have as much of an interest as we do. Every time I hear other teams fans talk down about LHN I just laugh because it isn't meant for them. It is for UT fans and we are blessed to have it. I have never talked to a UT fan that does not like it, which is all that matters.

We had this out on here when someone used the lesser phrasing. It's ALL HAT, NO CATTLE to every rancher I've ever known and to John Wayne. That puts a nail in it.

The Southworst conference sucked too.

OU has always been a top 15 sports revenue school, just behind the top 6 or 7 programs...just like we are now. Are you ever right?

and never forget, we took you four southworst refugees in to OUR conference...that's why it's called the Big XII, not the southworst XII. OU was a better football program before '96 and we're a better program after '96.
On behalf of Baylor University, I thank you for your benevolence. As a result, we have learned what it takes to be a Top 10 program, and used that knowledge TO KICK YOUR A** THREE OUT OF THE LAST FOUR YEARS. Let that sink in - you got all that revenue and all of those options, and you are Baylor's B*tch.

Hypothesize about what ifs all you want. They offered to take you if we were in the deal, they didn't want you when we weren't. Simple facts. Like I said, you're a member of a lying, cheating, sh*tty group of human beings. It's in your sub-par DNA. I don't blame you, Jethro.

I also don't blame you for not liking us telling you how it's going to be and you having to do it. But it is what it is.

By the way, bald faced liar about every single topic, the entire Big 8 only had 7% of the national tv market at the formation of the Big XII. That's why you needed UT and the tv sets we brought. That's why you were poor. That's why UT was able to set the guidelines for the new conference. Know your role, dumbass okie.
You mean the role of owning your ass? Let's go ahead and have a link on that 7% of the national market. Bald faced liar.

You seem upset...is it because texas sucks? at pretty much everything right now? Don't forget that 7% link, bald faced liar.

You mean the role of owning your ass? Let's go ahead and have a link on that 7% of the national market. Bald faced liar.

You seem upset...is it because texas sucks? at pretty much everything right now? Don't forget that 7% link, bald faced liar.

You've about worn out your welcome here. If you can do nothing but talk trash as a guest on a Longhorn board, feel free to post elsewhere, or if you're not capable of that, I will help see to it that you don't post here anymore. Try having some self awareness and consider whose house that you're in.

You've about worn out your welcome here. If you can do nothing but talk trash as a guest on a Longhorn board, feel free to post elsewhere, or if you're not capable of that, I will help see to it that you don't post here anymore. Try having some self awareness and consider whose house that you're in.

Fair enough.

One of Baylor's 37 fans talking shit. It makes me worry about the future of our country. How long until they are running rough shot over the Sun Belt. The day they are no longer in the power 5 will be hilarious. It's coming, may take a decade.

?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outki
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...onghorn-network-is-all-hat-no-cattle-051115On

The Longhorn Network Is All Hat, No Cattle

Aug. 26, 2011, the Longhorn Network, a joint partnership of Texas and ESPN, launched to equal parts acclaim and controversy. ESPN had inked a 20-year deal that guaranteed Texas $300 million for the newly christened LHN, an average of $15 million a year over the life of the partnership. Texas Longhorn administrators and fans heralded the new network as the product that would make Texas a truly national brand. Sportswriters wrote feverish columns speculating on who the next school to follow in the Longhorn footsteps and launch its own network would be. It was truly a proud day for Longhorn supporters -- the beginning, they believed, of a generation of dominant athletics.

But the rest of the Big 12 eyed the new network apprehensively. Having recently chosen not to join the Pac-10's audacious expansion bid to 16 schools, Texas had driven a high price to remain in the Big 12 -- the Longhorn Network was its prize. While ESPN has received much of the criticism for the LHN's launch, if ESPN hadn't partnered with Texas on the channel then it's likely Fox or Comcast or another major media company would have stepped up to launch the channel. Those other companies may not have paid as much as ESPN, but one thing was certain -- if the Longhorns were staying in the Big 12, Texas was going to have its own network.
So as we near the four-year anniversary of the network's launch, it's worth asking: How's the Longhorn Network doing?
The answer depends on who you ask.

According to SNL Kagan, the Longhorn Network now has 6.5 million in-state subscribers paying an average rate of .29 a month. Based on SNL's numbers, that means in 2015 the Longhorn Network will bring in $22.6 million in revenue from those 6.5 million subscribers in Texas. ESPN doesn't comment on particular revenue numbers for channels, but ESPN says the LHN actually has 20 million subscribers. That's a big difference in subscriber numbers, but when you parse the difference between those subscriber numbers, the revenue isn't much different. That's because, according to SNL Kagan, all of the national subscribers outside the state of Texas -- that's roughly 13.5 million subscribers -- are paying $0.02 a month, or $0.24 a year, for the Longhorn Network. Those 13.5 million subscribers would add just $3.2 million more a year in revenue, meaning after four years the Longhorn Network is still just doing $25.8 million a year in revenue. (Putting that number in a sports TV context, the Longhorn Network is on pace to do less revenue in 20 years than Mayweather-Pacquiao did in one night of pay-per-view boxing.)

Lulz

ck-the-coverage/the-longhorn-network-is-all-hat-no-cattle-051115On

The Longhorn Network Is All Hat, No Cattle

Aug. 26, 2011, the Longhorn Network, a joint partnership of Texas and ESPN, launched to equal parts acclaim and controversy. ESPN had inked a 20-year deal that guaranteed Texas $300 million for the newly christened LHN, an average of $15 million a year over the life of the partnership. Texas Longhorn administrators and fans heralded the new network as the product that would make Texas a truly national brand. Sportswriters wrote feverish columns speculating on who the next school to follow in the Longhorn footsteps and launch its own network would be. It was truly a proud day for Longhorn supporters -- the beginning, they believed, of a generation of dominant athletics.

But the rest of the Big 12 eyed the new network apprehensively. Having recently chosen not to join the Pac-10's audacious expansion bid to 16 schools, Texas had driven a high price to remain in the Big 12 -- the Longhorn Network was its prize. While ESPN has received much of the criticism for the LHN's launch, if ESPN hadn't partnered with Texas on the channel then it's likely Fox or Comcast or another major media company would have stepped up to launch the channel. Those other companies may not have paid as much as ESPN, but one thing was certain -- if the Longhorns were staying in the Big 12, Texas was going to have its own network.
So as we near the four-year anniversary of the network's launch, it's worth asking: How's the Longhorn Network doing?
The answer depends on who you ask.

According to SNL Kagan, the Longhorn Network now has 6.5 million in-state subscribers paying an average rate of .29 a month. Based on SNL's numbers, that means in 2015 the Longhorn Network will bring in $22.6 million in revenue from those 6.5 million subscribers in Texas. ESPN doesn't comment on particular revenue numbers for channels, but ESPN says the LHN actually has 20 million subscribers. That's a big difference in subscriber numbers, but when you parse the difference between those subscriber numbers, the revenue isn't much different. That's because, according to SNL Kagan, all of the national subscribers outside the state of Texas -- that's roughly 13.5 million subscribers -- are paying $0.02 a month, or $0.24 a year, for the Longhorn Network. Those 13.5 million subscribers would add just $3.2 million more a year in revenue, meaning after four years the Longhorn Network is still just doing $25.8 million a year in revenue. (Putting that number in a sports TV context, the Longhorn Network is on pace to do less revenue in 20 years than Mayweather-Pacquiao did in one night of pay-per-view boxing.)

Lulz

Nice job leaving out the next paragraph .

"Given that ESPN has guaranteed Texas in the neighborhood of $15 million a year and the costs to launch and run the network were substantial, this also means ESPN has lost money every year the Longhorn Network has existed. Those losses likely run into the tens of millions of dollars so far. And while the Longhorns were guaranteed a payment that averages $15 million a year and ESPN isn't bouncing checks, the rumored millions of additional dollars that could materialize from a successful network are not ever going to arrive."

Likey? Is the writer a journalist or writing an op-ed piece?

The writer's own numbers also show that the LHN is a $26 million expense, $15 to Texas and $11 in production cost, that brings in $25.8 million in revenue and yet he claims the losses run into the tens of millions. At the $200k annual deficit his number show it would take 50 years to reach a single $10 million deficit..That means it would be 100 years before you reach the first multiple of ten for his tens of millions.

Fox needs to send that writer back to whatever fan fiction blog they hired him from.

Hopefully this link to the whole article will work as OP's doesn't. http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-longhorn-network-is-all-hat-no-cattle-051115

Last edited:
Of course the writer ignores that the LHN was thrown at Texas to keep Texas, and OU, from going to the PAC and leaving ESPN out in the cold as the PAC owns its network.

Watching Strong say I Came Here To Win every fifth commercial is embarassing......

The Paul Finebaum show is what's embarassing. They can't find anything else to air besides that garbage. Show some old football games or something. The SEC has plenty of classic games that people would like to watch. Instead they air several hours of the "my conference is better than yours" show. I guess it's all part of the SEC brainwashing objective.

One of Baylor's 37 fans talking shit. It makes me worry about the future of our country. How long until they are running rough shot over the Sun Belt. The day they are no longer in the power 5 will be hilarious. It's coming, may take a decade.
I don't know where "37" comes from, considering the Palace of the Brazos was sold out every game last year, and will be every game this year. Very sad that your only plan to compete with the Bears is to hope that BU drops football. I hope that if the bowls align, you don't duck the Bears like you did the Horns this year.

Let's go ahead and have a link on that 7% of the national market. Bald faced liar....Don't forget that 7% link, bald faced liar.
Here you, go, illiterate ignoramous. Let me know if I can spoon feed you some more on common knowledge. It's called "Google" btw. My God life must be hard for you. :D

Again, you were poor. You needed Texas and the tv sets we brought because you live in oklatuckystan on a sh*tty piece of dirt where nobody wants to be. Like I said. So, again, just keep doing what we tell you to do and you'll continue to make money, you toothless, ignorant hillbilly.

"The Big Eight had about seven percent of the nation's television markets and Texas had seven," said Steve Hatchell, the conference's first commissioner.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...0605-Big-12-problems-trace-to-league-5863.ece

I don't know where "37" comes from, considering the Palace of the Brazos was sold out every game last year, and will be every game this year. Very sad that your only plan to compete with the Bears is to hope that BU drops football. I hope that if the bowls align, you don't duck the Bears like you did the Horns this year.
I don't have a problem with a shit talkin' Baptist, but this is funny... Baylor seems to have a problem competing in Bowl games.

I don't have a problem with a shit talkin' Baptist, but this is funny... Baylor seems to have a problem competing in Bowl games.
Compete??? Competing is no problem - we kicked Michigan St.'s a** for 55 minutes! Now finishing is a different matter.

I care, because on this very board 5 years ago...there was no less than 20,000 posts concerning how the LHN was going to propel the horns to recruiting and on the field dominance. Now, 4 years since the launch, none of your big 3 programs are even flirting with being ranked...and football, oh son...you're the 4th best program in your state and a very distant 4th at that.

That's not much of a reason. Are you sure it's not just that you're jealous of a university that's better than pretty much everything you're aboht? Because I could almost respect that answer. Almost.

Just so you know, the 37 fans was sarcasm. I think Baylor and TCU being the kings of the BIG12 is a disaster for the conference. Baylor is only in the conference because of Anne Richards. TCU only was brought in due to desperate times. The conference needs Texas and Oklahoma to be on top. No one respects a conference who's king has a brand new 45K seat palace. Would you agree that if the BIG12 died, Baylor would be left out in the cold? If Texas and Oklahoma decide to leave will you guys sue them? I hate Texas and LSU because they have earned the hate (this is a compliment). I hate Baylor because they're Baylor, and don't realize it (not a compliment).

Just so you know, the 37 fans was sarcasm. I think Baylor and TCU being the kings of the BIG12 is a disaster for the conference. Baylor is only in the conference because of Anne Richards. TCU only was brought in due to desperate times. The conference needs Texas and Oklahoma to be on top. No one respects a conference who's king has a brand new 45K seat palace. Would you agree that if the BIG12 died, Baylor would be left out in the cold? If Texas and Oklahoma decide to leave will you guys sue them? I hate Texas and LSU because they have earned the hate (this is a compliment). I hate Baylor because they're Baylor, and don't realize it (not a compliment).
I think this post pretty much summarizes the Aggies. Aggies are so fixated on the size of the stadium and the "blue bloods" in first place, measuring themselves based on the size of their stadium or who their champion is , all the while not realizing that Aggies aren't, never were, and never will be blue bloods - they are just another large, mediocre state school. They have won nothing in decades. Aggies remind me of the guy who thinks his house is nice because he lives in a nice neighborhood; not understanding that his house doesn't fit in the neighborhood and all the neighbors are laughing at him. In direct response to your question - no, I do not believe Baylor will be left out in the cold. Over the last 4 years, the lowly Baylor Bears have more wins in Football, Men's Hoops and Women's Hoops combined than any other school in the country, but thank you for your concern. You keep on building on to your stadium, keep on leaving your stadium early, and keep on celebrating Alabama victories. We'll just keep on racking up wins and championships. And BTW - TCU and Baylor being a disaster for the conference? Ha ha. I have a feeling you may be watching the Horned Frogs in the National Title game this year.

Anyone who thinks it's great for the conference for Baylor and TCU to kick the crap out Texas and Oklahoma is wrong. It makes the BIG12 look like a mid major. Of course, I'll be pulling for Baylor when they play Texas & OU this year. I like the status quo in the BIG12.
Would you think the BIG10 was strong if Indiana and Illinois were on top? Of course not. They need Ohio St, Michigan, & Penn St, because no one cares about Indiana football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT