ADVERTISEMENT

If there was even a question who got the better end of the deal

Tcu is clearly a better program in sports that matter..And their fans are level headed and reasonable people.. Major win for the Big 12....

I said this awhile back. Better football program and baseball program. Both basketball programs are crap but TCU has a coach that will eventually get them rolling.

I simply wish the 12 would have grabbed Louisville when they had the chance!

Tcu is clearly a better program in sports that matter..And their fans are level headed and reasonable people.. Major win for the Big 12....
I think it is fair to say that TCU has a better football team today. But I also think preferring a small private school over a huge state school is a mistake long term for a conference. There is a reason TCU had been in a mid major confernce, and it had very little to do with on field performance.

Texas already carries the Texas market. What do the aggies bring to the table? Certainly not championships or hygiene...

The Big 12 likely isn't long for this world anyway (we're not going to get overpaid in the next round of TV contract negotiations like we did this time), so I'm fine with the switch. TCU doesn't make a great deal of sense from an eyeballs-on-TV-sets perspective, but this conference is not our final landing spot, so it won't matter for all that long. Glad to be rid of aggy, and I'd like to keep the separation total and permanent.

I've been saying this for a long time as well. Not only do they have a better all around program but in a head to match up in a win or go home situation, they won. This from the team that replaced a&m when they left for the SEC.

Give the horn frogs their due when it comes to fb. They had been in awful in fb for 35 years at the time SWC broke up, they didn't deserve to be invited. But for 15 years they worked hard and kept getting better. At the time a&m left for the SEC they had just won the Rose Bowl. The timing was perfect for them and as far as I'm concerned they deserve to be with the big boys now. I don't agree they won't draw viewers, if they win on the national level people will tune in. Their fb team will be in the top 4 when the big time polls are released in August. I hope the Big XII stays together, there is so much tradition and history here. But like others I have my doubts.

Agree with all that but if Texas and Oklahoma stay down the Big 12 won't get the recognition. Texas seems like its headed up, but I have no idea where Oklahoma is headed.

Mad props to TCU for being the only program to make the New Years 6 Bowls and the CWS....I'm ready for Texas to knock them back down though!

How 3 of last 4 A&M baseball seasons ended:

2012: 10-2 Loss to TCU
2014: 4-1 Loss to UT
2015: 5-4 Loss to TCU

Big "Dumpster Fire" sucks though - right, Aggies?
So you are basing your entire conference on what you do against A&M?

Hells bells . . . lets not even talk about sports programs. Lets talk about fans and delusions of grandeur. I'll take a Horn Frog fan over a Faeggie any day. Both fan bases have brains but only 1 of those groups uses theirs to analyze sports.

If the "Major" programs decide to leave the NCAA and do their own thing (pay players) does aggy get left behind?

If the "Major" programs decide to leave the NCAA and do their own thing (pay players) does aggy get left behind?
Of course not. Baylor, TCU, & Vandy would most likely be left out. It is about dollars my friend.

You're not Big XII good.

Keep on tellin' yourself that Supergenius.
LipsBS.jpg

The one thing that stands out like a sock on a rooster.....We as texas fans are very embarrassed that we havnt been in a national title game since 2009(well2010 Jan) and havnt won a Conference title since 2009 where as aTm fans are not in the least embarrassed that they havnt been in a National title game since 1939 and havnt won a conference title since when ever it was in the 1990's that got em on probation.

thats sad really

A small private school in Fort Worth is now the Bell cow for the Big 12 along with a small private school in Waco. Good luck being taken seriously as a conference the next few years.

Congratulations!

LOL

ESPN Pre-Season top 5

1. Big Ten
2. SEC
3. Big 12 from Texas
4. SEC
5. Big 12 from Texas

In all of that, there is no aggsy. Not surprising since top 5 is not a place you have landed in many years.

I'm confident of two things.

1. Texas will be back
2. aggsy will never get there.

Reactions: diadevic
A small private school in Fort Worth is now the Bell cow for the Big 12 along with a small private school in Waco. Good luck being taken seriously as a conference the next few years.

Congratulations!

And what exactly does a&m add to the the $EC other than TV sets in Texas? They certainly aren't competing for conference championships.

And what exactly does a&m add to the the $EC other than TV sets in Texas? They certainly aren't competing for conference championships.

The SEC took A&M for two reasons 1) Money and 2) Recruiting, it opened the state of Texas.

They asked a more historic program that actually wins, but we declined. I know quite a few SEC fans in real life and they just laugh at aggy.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT