ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend

Originally posted by FriscoWolf:
Well I agree with you regarding great QBs lift all tides but Texas cannot count on that happening. How often will you get a VY or Colt? In 2009 Colt was a 5th year Senior and already one of the greatest Texas QBs ever and even he struggled at times. He was terrible in the Oklahoma and Nebraska games and started slowly in the first half of some other games like Wyoming and Colorado. 2009 was the Colt and Shipley show on offense. The OL, RBs WRs and TE were average to way below average. If you were to put Brown, Applewhite, Simms at QB on that 2009 team you are looking at least 2-3 losses and they were good QBs.
My point isn't that Texas simply needs 2008 or 2009 Colt, as much as I'm saying the lie is going to look better by default when Texas starts to get even slightly above average quarterback play.

At some point, Texas must have quality from the position.

… Per Jeremy Crabtree of ESPN: "Asked @ChristianDavon2
(Christian Kirk) about negative recruiting. Told me one school said 'Why
go to #TAMU, the campus looks like a prison.' #UAAllAmerica"

roll.r191677.gif

@corryjoel
Odell Beckham's 1,043 receiving yards are the 4th most ever in the 2nd half of an NFL season.

Originally posted by WB2280:
… Per Jeremy Crabtree of ESPN: "Asked @ChristianDavon2
(Christian Kirk) about negative recruiting. Told me one school said 'Why
go to #TAMU, the campus looks like a prison.' #UAAllAmerica"

roll.r191677.gif
Yeah, that was harsh.

Originally posted by Texas Diesel:
Add me to those thinking Heard is the answer. I think the o-line will be better and him running the zone read will benefit Gray with an overall improved running game as the result. An improved running game should open up the passing game as linebackers and safeties play up.
Agreed. The kid is a winner. I personally think his progress has been downplayed intentionally by the staff to keep us from calling for his shirt to be pulled even more vehemently than we did.

Heard can make the throws he needs to make in this offense.

Originally posted by PabloDeTejas:

Add me to those thinking Heard is the answer. I think the o-line will be better and him running the zone read will benefit Gray with an overall improved running game as the result. An improved running game should open up the passing game as linebackers and safeties play up.
Agreed. The kid is a winner. I personally think his progress has been downplayed intentionally by the staff to keep us from calling for his shirt to be pulled even more vehemently than we did.

There's a word for that.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Ketchum:

There's a word for that.
wink.r191677.gif
Do you think that is what might have happened?

There's a word for that.
wink.r191677.gif

I don't think they have the tough "time to grow up" talks and outward attitude toward Swoopes that they've had over the last 5 weeks if they don't think they have something at least as good in the bag.

I certainly wouldn't know however.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

There's a word for that.
wink.r191677.gif
Do you think that is what might have happened?
I don't.

… Only Arsenal won on Sunday among teams in the top seven of the EPL League standings, which means a winner between Liverpool/Swansea City on Monday can give its top four possibilities a major boost. Come on, Reds.

This post was edited on 12/29 8:14 AM by Ketchum

Looking good so far!

Up 4-1 in the 73rd.

Big six points this week.

Made up ground on practically everyone.

5 points out of fourth.

As it stands, the over/under of quarterback columns written by yours truly in 2015 stands at 25.5. You guys are tired of living this nightmare and I'm tired of chronicling it, but until a real answer emerges, it's absolutely unavoidable.

It's the elephant in the room. We continue to lose to the better teams until we get a QB. We don't have one now. The one who's playing tonight has never shown a spark that I could recognize when playing an aggressive, sound and disciplined defense. We're getting killed tonight, I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Jim DeLoach:

As it stands, the over/under of quarterback columns written by yours truly in 2015 stands at 25.5. You guys are tired of living this nightmare and I'm tired of chronicling it, but until a real answer emerges, it's absolutely unavoidable.

It's the elephant in the room. We continue to lose to the better teams until we get a QB. We don't have one now. The one who's playing tonight has never shown a spark that I could recognize when playing an aggressive, sound and disciplined defense. We're getting killed tonight, I'm afraid.
scared0016.r191677.gif

Wt
This post was edited on 12/30 8:46 AM by McGuapo

Originally posted by McGuapo:
Wt
He fits it more than the other guy. That's not to say he's good.

Wt

He fits it more than the other guy. That's not to say he's good.
You mean the guy who "can't make the throws", which we already have, and brings an additional dynamic of masking the deficiencies of a poor OL with running ability?
wink.r191677.gif

This fan-base is going to be on tilt if Swoopes is the starter in South Bend.

Cor-f'n-rect. Like I said before, he's got Garrett Gilbert disease, minus the pedigree, in the fans minds. He gone.

Cor-f'n-rect. Like I said before, he's got Garrett Gilbert disease, minus the pedigree, in the fans minds. He gone.
Yeah, but remember Gilbert originally came back for more in 2011 AFTER 2010. Remember when everyone said there was no chance he would win the stating job?

Yeah, but remember Gilbert originally came back for more in 2011 AFTER 2010. Remember when everyone said there was no chance he would win the stating job?
That was with a head coach that didn't believe in actual QB competition though wasn't it? I could be wrong there.

Ketch, what exactly is the scheme they want to play? Why recruit players like murray and locksley, they seem to be in the mold of dual threat. What are they really looking for in a qb?

It boggles my mind that coaches, who are supposed to be elite, refuse to adapt their system to the players they have. Thats what elite coaches do. Im not sure strong will jump into the elite category until he realizes what gary patterson realized.

I do. Exactly why the fans won't go for that again. I guess I'm hoping the dynamics are different. Charlie will find out the hard way if he tries it. Let's keep in mind it's not North Texas, it's Notre Dame. It matters. There's no warm up game to see if Swoopes can build any confidence. An average Swoopes performance in a loss will get him on the hot seat. The kid would have to be lights out and win. He would be playing a very dangerous game with Swoopes deciding his fate. CS would have to KNOW that Swoopes wouldn't hang him. If Swoopes didn't perform, the decision would be made for him by the crowd (see Gilbert), which isn't a good look. At the very least, a new QB would buy him some time as well. We've all seen the Swoopes show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT