ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Blue vs. Baxter... it's kind of a thing)

There's competition at literally every position.

RB is no different.
First and foremost, great column this week, and I am in agreement with it.

Except, I don’t think RB is like any other position. Yes, there’s competition, but it is unique. RB’s frequently look to split carries to prolong their careers. I don’t think Kelvin Banks is looking for someone to share time.

Reactions: Hhg53
First and foremost, great column this week, and I am in agreement with it.

Except, I don’t think RB is like any other position. Yes, there’s competition, but it is unique. RB’s frequently look to split carries to prolong their careers. I don’t think Kelvin Banks is looking for someone to share time.

Your point is a good one.

Still, most guys wants to be 1a, not 1b.

With a great OL, Blue will run for a higher average by a full yard. That may not make him a better back with Baxter running more short yardage. blue will break a lot of runs for 50 plus yards that will distort YPC this year. Wisner will break some long runs too.

Reactions: boernefan
I just want to know when to show up with my camera to record @Anwar Richardson streaking across campus. @Suchomel said that was the prize. It might not be the grand prize I would have preferred. But I finally won one of these things and at my age it may never happen again.
Feels like your wish should be your command.

I understand that longevity means he doesn't get in.

But...

1. He was HOF levels in peaks and spurts.
2. You can't tell the story of MLB without him.
Was he ever great? Yes. Was he great long enough? No That's the criteria to me. And the longevity IMO should be a fairly large factor. The accumulation of numbers is what the HOF is built on.

Y'all didn't give a **** about Beyonce.
Nope. There’s female artists that I can really jam and connect with, but none of her music has ever made me stop and want to get into it and sing along. I think she’s just a miss for most of this demo, meaning many really don’t give a shit and she doesn’t move the needle for conversation.

• Love
Reactions: wchi and Horn19
You can’t? Lol
That one puzzled me as well. He was certainly one of the more hyped players in recent history and had some freakish gifts and dominance in stretches, but I’d like to hear how he’s integral to the MLB history story. I was kind of expecting the next Nolan Ryan but…

Reactions: RLong68 and Horn19
Was he ever great? Yes. Was he great long enough? No That's the criteria to me. And the longevity IMO should be a fairly large factor. The accumulation of numbers is what the HOF is built on.
Fair enough. I was just asking the question out loud.

Reactions: Let em Hang
Nope. There’s female artists that I can really jam and connect with, but none of her music has ever made me stop and want to get into it and sing along. I think she’s just a miss for most of this demo, meaning many really don’t give a shit and she doesn’t move the needle for conversation.
You Get It GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Reactions: McGuapo
But I will say this for fairness, I got to meet her and spend a few minutes with her back in the mid 2000s and she was fantastic and very friendly. Just as gorgeous in person too. Also, she’s a Texan and she’s repped it out on a big level. Nothing against her whatsoever, quite the contrary, but her music just isn’t it for me.

• Love
Reactions: wchi
Fair enough. I was just asking the question out loud.
To add to my previous post. He has seasons that are HOF worthy. The difference is pitchers in the HOF have had enough of those seasons to reach 250+ wins and 2500+ K’s.

But I will say this for fairness, I got to meet her and spend a few minutes with her back in the mid 2000s and she was fantastic and very friendly. Just as gorgeous in person too. Also, she’s a Texan and she’s repped it out on a big level. Nothing against her whatsoever, quite the contrary, but her music just isn’t it for me.
The album is pretty sensational.

Reactions: acush
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT