ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn's Fall Camp Thread

I'll tell you why Sam is starting over Shane. Just Gimmie a couple of days.

Shane mentally collapses under pressure and DCs quickly figured out if you deny him his first read it is a crap shoot after that.

Shane mentally collapses under pressure and DCs quickly figured out if you deny him his first read it is a crap shoot after that.

Do not know his academic situation but if he is on pace to graduate early then he may grad transfer in March.

I think he is sticking around one more year to compete.

If we never sew him start another game for UT the Horns are in a good position
Nothing against Shane but Ehlinger is the QB for UT to win.

I don't think that's the case at all. Last year neither QB had the time to make it to their second read. The O-line wasn't good and the running backs weren't threats. Opposing defenses were getting pressure with 3 or 5 guys. It was really bad last year. Sam is 6'3" 235 and was able to get away from pressure more consistently than Shane was last year. Even if Sam is a year better it is going to be a long season if the RBs and OL aren't much better than last year.

Reactions: westx
The fumble against SC was unlucky. The oSu INT was idiotic and easily adjusted. Other than that, I can’t think of much he did wrong other than be a true freshman.
The pick 6 against WV was pretty bad but he rebounded right after throwing it. We erase 3-4 costly plays we win 2-3 more games last year. Though we need to remember he put us in position to win the OU and USC games.

Last year Sam would tuck and run after 1st read and get 1-2 yards most of the time. I disagree with whoever made that statement until we have the luxury of having an OL that can block enough for us to establish a viable running game.

Last year Sam would tuck and run after 1st read and get 1-2 yards most of the time. I disagree with whoever made that statement until we have the luxury of having an OL that can block enough for us to establish a viable running game.

Which is 8-10 yards better than Shane taking a sack.

Which is 8-10 yards better than Shane taking a sack.
Well, man, that is a different argument. The argument was that Shane supposedly had a mental break down if his 1st read is not there. Based on that argument, the same could be said for Sam because he would throw an ill advised pass or try to run. I am not giving Sam a hard time, I love his passion and I understand he was a freshman. I just don't agree to label Shane that way. I am glad Herman came out and awarded the starting role to Sam (no big surprise) so that it is no longer a distraction. BTW, I also no longer want to talk about last year, ugh, it no longer matters and this season looks like it will be improved and something to build on.

According to reports Ehlinger is our starting QB for the next three years
Unless of course he dramatically falls off or Cameron Rising takes a huge leap.

Unlike Ehlinger, Tim Beck is developing Rising slowly.

I actually see more moments of brilliance than moments that he does not belong.

If he stays healthy and continues to develop than by 2019 and 2020 we will have an outstanding QB.

Then just need someone to bridge the gap to Preston Stone.
Hopefully Rising because I like the kid.
He RS this year then he can start in 21 and 22.
Rising is the future IMO. Would love to see him redshirt this year. Depends on the health of Sam and where we are in the rebuild. Buechele can play but he isn't the guy. If Sam gets concussed again this year (and he will based on reports that we're going to lean on the run), it will be interesting how quickly they move up Rising. He's apparently got the "it" and has a huge arm.

Rising is the future IMO. Would love to see him redshirt this year. Depends on the health of Sam and where we are in the rebuild. Buechele can play but he isn't the guy. If Sam gets concussed again this year (and he will based on reports that we're going to lean on the run), it will be interesting how quickly they move up Rising. He's apparently got the "it" and has a huge arm.

Rising has some size on him.
He is around 225.
Supposedly they took it slow with him and are trying to get his feet wet.

I think he has a great future and someone who can win games if his name is called

Reactions: Scholz
Did I miss the @clob94 annual fall camp practice report? Or is that being postponed? Sorry... hard to catch up on this thread with football and school in full swing.

Reactions: weevilcatch
i hope sam has learned from last year. h e had so many great moments. he also had a few of the worst decisions ive ever seen.

Soooo, has fall camp started yet? Do you think Agent Herman will allow the media at the Maryland game?

Reactions: oldhorn2
Soooo, has fall camp started yet? Do you think Agent Herman will allow the media at the Maryland game?
latest

Reactions: Metcalf #2
All I know is, this better be some good sh*t. If they roll out another 7-6....Ima be like, "This? This is wtf was so damn secret?!?"

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
The only thing that bugs me is when we play poor and lose a game we shouldn't have, and the media asks Herman what happened, and he looks at them like they're delusional - as if no one should have expected differently.

I'll tell you why Sam is starting over Shane. Just Gimmie a couple of days.

The word is already out, why would you need a couple of days? When you go to practice let me know, I'll meet you there. Oh wait, clob is a fraud. A wannabe. I'll get banned shortly and you will talk tough. So do this, I'll still check on the thread, just tell me what game or practice, and we can take pics for the people to see. If not, then I'll gloss over your tough TALK, as just talk. You're a fake.

I called up there for permission and it took them four days to get back to me.

So ya, he's playing it pretty close to the vest.

Haha! LIES! You're a fraud. Just say when or I'm glossing over your rebuttal. See ya soon...right. metcalf already has suspicions, that you are full of ****.

Haha! LIES! You're a fraud. Just say when or I'm glossing over your rebuttal. See ya soon...right. metcalf already has suspicions, that you are full of ****.

He's definitely full of sh*t, lol, but I don't doubt he was a Longhorn. I'm pretty sure I know who he is. He wasn't a big name star, nor even a starter on defense, but he was there. Not a nobody either, as he was on the two-deep. Definitely not D-line, either.

Colb is real and played under Mackovic wearing the #94. FBH talks Corpus HS football with him for a reason. He never posts his full eval until to a few days before the first game out of respect to the coaching staff. After there is first game film for other staffs that kind of thing no longer matters.

Last edited:
Colb is real and played under Mackovic. FBH talks Corpus HS football with him for a reason. He never posts his full eval until to a few days before the first game out of respect to the coaching staff. After there is first game film for other staffs and that no longer matters.

At that point, there is nothing more to share. That is some bull****.

At that point, there is nothing more to share. That is some bull****.
That is the whole point. Once there is game film any halfway decent staff can pick up what he's seen and that kind of thing no longer matters. He stays away from reporting details until 2-3 days before the first game where there is little chance he gives another staff anything.

Last edited:

Reading comprehension and inside jokes aren't your thing.

Colb is real and played under Mackovic wearing the #94. FBH talks Corpus HS football with him for a reason. He never posts his full eval until to a few days before the first game out of respect to the coaching staff. After there is first game film for other staffs that kind of thing no longer matters.

#94 you say? Hmm, I guess I could have the wrong Calallen guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT