ADVERTISEMENT

ND Game.....

Notre Dame started that season unranked
Getting into the NCG was a result of being the single, solitary eligible team with 0 losses
They weren't even ranked in the Top 2 when 2 other teams were also undefeated (Oregon and Kansas State) in the 2nd to last week of the season

How did ND's "hype" get them there?
It seems like it was 100% being the only BCS school who hadn't actually dropped a game
They were not a very good team, undefeated or not, much like FSU last year. Product of the system and schedule.

They were not a very good team, undefeated or not, much like FSU last year. Product of the system and schedule.

Undefeated against the schedule that was ranked he #1 hardest coming into the season

Went from an unranked team to #1 bec

Undefeated against the schedule that was ranked he #1 hardest coming into the season

Went from an unranked team to #1 bec
They were escape artists...winning 6 games by 9 points or less. But hey, they played five ranked teams...only losing to the highest.

Went from an I ranked team to #1 because they were the only eligible undefeated team in all of CFB

There is really no way to argue that they didn't earn their spot in that game or that they were favored/gifted it

Those argents are 100% revisionist history

They were escape artists...winning 6 games by 9 points or less. But hey, they played five ranked teams...only losing to the highest.

Doesn't really matter though. Close wins are wins and there is no way to say that the only undefeated team didn't earn their spot...especially when they started in ranked and we're consistently the lowest ranked undefeated team

You can act like ND always gets some
Kind of media help if you want, the facts don't really support you in this case

Decker what do you think of Hunter Jr? I watched him play in highschool and he is special. I always wonder what he would have done If he wouldn't have snapped his leg in half at the UA game. I heard he won the off season award and even played a little last year catching a TD. Think he has a shot at starting this year?

Wanted to give a quick update on this

Media has now been allowed to 3 full practices out of the first 2 weeks of fall camp

Mods and reporters have said that Huntwr has been the most impressive WR at each practice...which is saying something considering we're returning everything at WR and some media already had us with a Top5 WR unit

Hard to say if Hunter will get enough snaps to really be the best WR we have on Saturdays, but he seems likely to be a breakout player and could really push entrenched starters for PT (and they're likely all going to end up drafted somewhere)

According to mods they've seen him line up at all 3 WR positions (primarily in the slot though) and even take some snaps at RB

Apparently the coaches really want to find a way to get Hunter on the field...even with returning starters at WRx, WRw, Slot, and RB

I hope the season works out like fall camp has for this kid. After how he's handled all that was thrown his way, he's earned it

Fine ND went undefeated I'll give you that. Fact remains that everybody knew ND wasn't that good, and everybody knew Alabama was gift wrapped a National Championship by giving them ND for an easy win. There were many better teams with losses. Hell even aggy whipped Alabama in Tuscaloosa that year. So we knew Bama wasn't that great themselves, but we still knew they'd obliterate ND.

Fine ND went undefeated I'll give you that. Fact remains that everybody knew ND wasn't that good, and everybody knew Alabama was gift wrapped a National Championship by giving them ND for an easy win. There were many better teams with losses. Hell even aggy whipped Alabama in Tuscaloosa that year. So we knew Bama wasn't that great themselves, but we still knew they'd obliterate ND.

It's fine if you want to go with "I could just tell other teams were more talented", that's totally your right as a fan

However, a team that goes undefeated while playing several ranked teams (including games like @Oklahoma) should, and always will, get into the national title race (whether it be 1 game or a playoff)

That's not favoritism, that's simply respecting the teams that got the job done on the field, even if it wasn't necessarily done as well on paper

ND earned their way into that game just the same as Texas would have earned a shot at the playoffs if they go undefeated this year....even though they don't get that "all important" conference championship game

Fwiw, on paper this team is notably more talented and more experienced than the 2012 team that we're discussing

However, a team that goes undefeated while playing several ranked teams (including games like @Oklahoma) should, and always will, get into the national title race (whether it be 1 game or a playoff)

Decker....frankly....you are 100% correct here...any team going undefeated will get credit when they play a decent schedule. I have no problem with the fact yall were in the natty

Then they should run the table, aye?

We both know there is more to running the table than talent, or Alabama would have gone undefeated and won each of the last 6 NCs and USC would have won darn near every championship from 2000-2010

We'll need consistent play from a few key positions with questions (QB, S, DT) not to mention a few bounces falling our way

But that's true of any undefeated team every year

The bar for ND his year is 10-2
Anything less is a disappointment
Anything more means we caught a couple needed breaks

It should be fun to watch
But this is definitely the most talented ND team (top to bottom) in 10+ years

I like how you are pumping Notre Dame up before you play them. Best Notre Dame team in 10 years? Just because Texas is playing them? I'm going to throw out then that Arizona St has it's best team in the last 10 years as well when A&M plays them.

Notre Dame getting beat by Texas won't shock me one little bit. Notre Dame will lose 3-4 games this year.

I like how you are pumping Notre Dame up before you play them. Best Notre Dame team in 10 years? Just because Texas is playing them? I'm going to throw out then that Arizona St has it's best team in the last 10 years as well when A&M plays them.

Notre Dame getting beat by Texas won't shock me one little bit. Notre Dame will lose 3-4 games this year.
A Domer is pumping them up sweetheart...

... and USC would have won darn near every championship from 2000-2010
darn near indeed...

Vince-Young-GIF.gif

Hook 'em

Why are y'all talking about 2012, and gifs of 2005?

Some people are funny.

Just stopping in to mention ND received some expected news, K. Russell CB is back as part of the team officially now. Had been speculated to happen anytime, NCAA finally released him today. Kid is pretty good. Was recruited as a RB and switched over to play as a CB. Was a preseason all american before being put on academic suspension last year.

Thats great news!...I want yall to be 100% from a player stand point. I admit to not having a clue who you are talking about as I place knowing ND personnel on about the same scale of importance in my life as I do being able to memorize and quote back the total bone structure of the Ibex!

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
And back up 5 star running back

I am in the minority. But I didn't really consider him the backup as bad as that sounds. Yes he was a 5* coming in. And yes I really wanted and still want to see him succeed. But the day they said that CJ was moving to RB I considered that a big step back for Greg Bryant.

Now you have Folston followed by CJ, and now Justin Brent moving back to RB as well. Add to that the two true freshman RB's coming in, and the walk on that was just given a scholarship last week. And yes, his size and potential might be a loss. But the production he had given on the field thus far really won't be.

In full disclosure this really sucks, because no one was a bigger fan of him when he was recruited for ND than I was.

All I know is when we go to South Bend and give them a FIGHT and do end up winning I don't want to hear any excuses! And if we do end up losing you won't hear us give excuses but a congrats and see you next year!

Its funny if you do a thread search on that word, the only posts it has shown up in is Texas posters.

Almost like yall are trying to convince yourselves of something.

If ND wins, they win, if they don't they don't. But I don't think anyone is making any excuses for anything.

Its funny if you do a thread search on that word, the only posts it has shown up in is Texas posters.

Almost like yall are trying to convince yourselves of something.

If ND wins, they win, if they don't they don't. But I don't think anyone is making any excuses for anything.
No sir, we know what we have and where we are headed.

Reactions: RoboCocks21

Is he in this thread? Stop dropping the victim card. It makes you look petty.

The USC game has already been discussed here. I am in my late 30's and have never seen a ND squad a decimated by injuries as last year. When the play by play guy is literally saying 'hold on, that guy isn't on my roster' when trying to find out who made a play. That should tell you something. I personally had my season preview guide out on the coffee table watching that game, because I had to look up who was on the field. That's pretty sad.

Again if ND wins, great. If they don't well. It's ND and we are sadly getting used to be upset.

Is he in this thread? Stop dropping the victim card. It makes you look petty.

The USC game has already been discussed here. I am in my late 30's and have never seen a ND squad a decimated by injuries as last year. When the play by play guy is literally saying 'hold on, that guy isn't on my roster' when trying to find out who made a play. That should tell you something. I personally had my season preview guide out on the coffee table watching that game, because I had to look up who was on the field. That's pretty sad.

Again if ND wins, great. If they don't well. It's ND and we are sadly getting used to be upset.
Petty, get real. Some folks buy into the domer hype machine... I don't... I'm in my late 30's as well, oh joy.

you got to play guys that were on your roster? Lucky you! At least you could find em on your preview guide. Your O Line wasnt the youngest in all of college FB...ours was!...Had your QB ever played a game?....again...lucky you.

Ok now that we are past that, we are both going to play with this years roster. We already dont have any excuses....so bring the house...If you can whip us, whip us.

Injuries are part of the game. It happens on all teams. Either you have depth and can overcome them or you can't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT