ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Texas Games of Interest Week 1

Didn’t we want and almost get Trey Sanders but lost out to Alabama? Then he transferred to TCU.

Texas tech playing at 7,220 feet elevation is making Wyoming look pedestrian.

Listen I don't know if he can keep it up but it's he does Travis Hunter could be the next Charles Woodson. Texas only won 9 games the year Ricky won and won of those was a bowl game. If CO can reach 8 wins he should get consideration.

And Deion's boy Shaddeur (sic?) wow is he for real?

And Deion will give the new Big XII a high profile head coach.

And I like what Urban Meyer said he called this the ultimate experiment. Just transfer portal and go out and play. If he succeeds this can change college fb big time.

Reactions: freeper
If you’re looking for a TCU like surprise team for the playoff this year. North Carolina might fit the bill. They’ve got the QB. The schedule sets up nicely.

Reactions: WRLHookem
We need to put the same score on rice that ousux is putting on Arkansas state.

Arkansas State certainly isn’t a good team; however they have pulled some upsets over the past few years, including Kansas State.

After the 73-0 loss, Arkansas State head coach Butch Jones said “There was a marked difference with this football team than what we saw on video. They’re tough. They’re physical. I thought they out-athleted us. The speed differential is probably the most glaring I’ve probably seen in my career.”

This is probably the type of game that Lincoln Riley would have won 52-37 if he was still at OU.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Arkansas State certainly isn’t a good team; however they have pulled some upsets over the past few years, including Kansas State.

After the 73-0 loss, Arkansas State head coach Butch Jones said “There was a marked difference with this football team than what we saw on video. They’re tough. They’re physical. I thought they out-athleted us. The speed differential is probably the most glaring I’ve probably seen in my career.”
This is laughable. “There was a marked difference…blah, blah, blah.” You just lost 73-0. “We suck.” That would have been a better quote.

Reactions: Hoookem722

This is probably the type of game that Lincoln Riley would have won 52-37 if he was still at OU.
I remember hearing the same shit after OU beat up on 3 powder puffs to start the season last year. Then they proceeded to go 6-7 🤣🤣

Well Tech and Wyoming are tied late in the 3rd. And I thought they said Tech was going to be good this year lol

Well Tech and Wyoming are tied late in the 3rd. And I thought they said Tech was going to be good this year lol
Maybe McGwire should of spent more time coaching his team and less time worrying about Texas and OU, and kissing yourmsri’s ass

Reactions: westx
I remember hearing the same shit after OU beat up on 3 powder puffs to start the season last year. Then they proceeded to go 6-7 🤣🤣

Not exactly.

OU didn't cover the spread by 37 points against any of those teams. In fact, against Kent State they didn't even cover. They covered by 1 point against UTEP. They didn't shut out any of those teams. And they didn't score more than 49 points against any of those teams.

I think that 7,220 foot air is getting a little thin for the Lubbock boys. There's some hands on hips and some pant tugging going on.

Not exactly.

OU didn't cover the spread by 37 points against any of those teams. In fact, against Kent State they didn't even cover. They covered by 1 point against UTEP. They didn't shut out any of those teams. And they didn't score more than 49 points against any of those teams.
Come back around here after you beat someone other than School for the Blind and we’ll talk.

Come back around here after you beat someone other than School for the Blind and we’ll talk.

Look, no one is disputing the fact that Arkansas State is a cupcake, but you're wrong if you think this is similar to the first three games of 2022. Not even close. The 73 point margin of victory was the largest opening game margin of victory by OU in 106 years. And many of those opening games over the last 106 years were against even bigger cupcakes than Arkansas State. Another thing that you might not acknowledge is how difficult it is for a defense to shut out any team (and yes, that includes Sunbelt teams like Arkansas State) in the modern era of college football. It doesn't happen very often, especially when you play 44 guys on defense like OU did today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT