ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Florida St vs Louisville thread of prayers**

every media broadcaster ive seen today said texas should get in over bama..
Its easy to say that until you have to accept that that means the SEC gets left out. I guarantee the LSU bozo and Finebaum on ESPN will be preaching all SEC, all the time, the next two days.

In fact, Finebaum in the early shows even made the statement that it was more likely that the SEC gets 2 teams in, than none.

You said it. They DON’T have Jordan Travis anymore. They had 2 games to show what was behind him. Both of them SUCK compared to him. WITHOUT Travis, they’re not a top 5 team. Hell, they’re not top 10 without Travis.

Do not see how Louisville was ever considered a top 15 team.

This is one of the most consistently inept teams I've watched all year.

Did the commentators really just say that Bama looked spectacular today? Did they? I didn’t get a chance to watch.

Did the commentators really just say that Bama looked spectacular today? Did they? I didn’t get a chance to watch.
They actually did and beat the #1 team in the Nation and 3 teams in the Top 13. Other than Bama, who has UT beat this year? As for FSU, that defense is stout!

Against Louisville? That’s your call? Ok.
Have you seen them play this year? Like I said earlier. Our interior DL is better but Verse is better than any edge guy we have and is going to get drafted ahead of both Sweat and Murphey. LB crew of both squads is similar and their DBs might be a tad bit better as a unit.

Ok. I’ll just copy and paste your post:

Our interior DL is better.
LB crew is similar.
Their DBs might be a tad bit better.

Yup, sounds like you’ve got FSU locked in as the better defensive unit.

They actually did and beat the #1 team in the Nation and 3 teams in the Top 13. Other than Bama, who has UT beat this year? As for FSU, that defense is stout!

Texas beat Bama. Period. Head to head matters.

Why did you pick “top 13 teams”? That seems pretty arbitrary. Like you cherry picked that number to bolster your argument.

Reactions: westx and hookem777
In answer to your question, UT has beat everybody across the field they’ve lined up against except BlowU in a rivalry game that came down to the last minute. FSU has a defense that has looked good against shitty competition. They held Louisville to 6 points!! Big F’n deal. Aledo would have beat Louisville by 20 this year.

FSU defense as a unit is better than ours.
We’re #1 in 3rd down conversion
#1 in red zone defense
#4 in rushing defense
And we’ve played THE toughest schedule in the NCAA this year.

If what FSU brought to the table against Louisville is an example of their vaunted defense, we’d have run through them like grain thru a goose.

Reactions: westx
If what I've read is accurate our strength of schedule has been tougher than Alabama's. That may or may not matter.

This has nothing to do with head to head matchups. But can you imagine not one but two SEC teams finishing 12/1 and not making the playoffs. Well that's what will happen if we get the nod.

FSU defense as a unit is better than ours.
In the game I just watched, Louisville did more to beat themselves on offense than FSU did to beat them on defense. UGA, UW, UM, Oregon, tOSU, Bama, and Texas could move the ball on them.

Boston College put almost 30 on them for God’s sake. All of those teams I just mentioned would do that, and absolutely smother their offense.

I know Bama beat UGA today, and we keep hearing how Bama isn't the same team that played Texas in week 2. But aren't they the same team that needed a absolute miracle of defensive ineptitude in order to beat a 3 win Auburn team just last week?

I coached for 12 years 2 of them at the college level. I know this. I also know what the # 3 QB does all season. He got some reps for the FSU offense in preseason and then not until the practices before the North Alabama game. He didn't get first team reps until this week. He maybe has 20% of the playbook to work with this week.
I coached and played at the collegiate level myself. My father was a college coach and is now retired. I’m just saying that you can’t replicate game speed in practice so in my opinion those practice hours are kind of moot.

I coached and played at the collegiate level myself. My father was a college coach and is now retired. I’m just saying that you can’t replicate game speed in practice so in my opinion those practice hours are kind of moot.
So what you are saying is that First team reps in practice are worthless and there is no way a kid can learn in practice. If thats the case then why practice? No need to practice for a bowl game. Its not helpful since its not at 100% game speed.

Reactions: oldhorn2
So what you are saying is that First team reps in practice are worthless and there is no way a kid can learn in practice. If thats the case then why practice? No need to practice for a bowl game. Its not helpful since its not at 100% game speed.
They aren’t worthless but it’s not going to progress the kid so much that he’s suddenly going to be a better player 3 weeks from now. The mental and fundamental reps are great and the most valuable thing you can get from a practice this late in the year. But nothing can simulate game speed. That’s where the real growth comes from.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT