ADVERTISEMENT

official Longhorns vs Turtles thread (ugly uniforms)

Yep, big talking aggys have exactly 1 more week in the sun.
I’m not expecting anything next week. I HOPE we can hang in until the 4th quarter but that is a stretch. Clemson and Bama are really good and I expect possibly to manhandled in both. I want to see growth this season and if I see that and then get some better talent to go with Jimbos coaching I think good things can happen. I’m not gloating about A&M after Northwestern St.

Hey swag, come back next week after Clemson and tell us how great you feel about that $75M investment.
You really going to judge a coach on the number 2 team without his players that he recruits in game 2 of 1st year?? You might have just lost some credibility.

I’m not expecting anything next week.
Pretty weak after your “you hired a mediocre coach and we got a top one” bravado. At least we’ll have a break from you do nothing aggys flapping your gums finally.

Last edited:
You really going to judge a coach on the number 2 team without his players that he recruits in game 2 of 1st year?? You might have just lost some credibility.
OK. Fast forward 3 years from now. You and I both know he won’t have won jack squat at your school. But $75M and top coach! Lulz.

"You really going to judge a coach on the number 2 team without his players that he recruits in game 2 of 1st year?? You might have just lost some credibility."

Love it Swag.....getting the excuses ready early......

Reactions: Scholz
Until Texas goes out and gets a real coach and not just the flavor of the month I’m afraid we’re going to see 6-7 win football.
Honest Question, who would you consider a real coach? Seems hard to know who that might be anymore other than Saban. I wouldn't lose faith yet. I would be concerned though.

Honest Question, who would you consider a real coach? Seems hard to know who that might be anymore other than Saban. I wouldn't lose faith yet. I would be concerned though.

He hates Tom Herman, always has. To insinuate that TH is “not a real coach” shows an inability to leave emotion out of the opinion. Same goes for my fellow Horns that bag on Jimbo. Both Jimbo and TH are good coaches. Jimbo has a natty as an OC and HC. TH has a natty as an OC. But they suck? Lol.

Well see if they work out at Texas and at tamu

No I’m not happy about this. I said at the time that i hoped that Herman was the best coach ever and I’d happily say I was wrong if indeed I was, but I was one of the few that was skeptical of the hire. Mainly due to the similarities in resume to Strong and the general lack of expierence. I took a ton of shit for not drinking the kool aid, so yeah I’m going to do a little I told you so. If those that dished out all the shit at the time can’t take a little of it now then that’s reallt their issue

Herman still has time to turn this around, but it’s gonna have to happen fast and he’s going to have to put up some upsets.

Why do you think it has to happen "fast"?

It's absolute insanity to give up on a coach after a season + one game. Give him some time. Let him get a decent QB for Christ's sake.

The tears of the longhorn faithful are sweet, but you guys need to settle down a little. Pushing the panic button one game into the season is bad form. I expected a little better from you.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Time to start Shane and if Shane can't make this offense move then time to start Rising with the new rule in college Rising has a chance to play 4 games before the new redshirt rule

Time to start Shane and if Shane can't make this offense move then time to start Rising with the new rule in college Rising has a chance to play 4 games before the new redshirt rule

Not going to get it done. Shane is not a college QB. He is too fragile and can't throw the ball with any force to the flats, non starter. Asking Rising or Thompson to come in and be the "savior" has a less than 5% chance of success. Unless we have a VY on the bench, Sam is the best option.

Not going to get it done. Shane is not a college QB. He is too fragile and can't throw the ball with any force to the flats, non starter. Asking Rising or Thompson to come in and be the "savior" has a less than 5% chance of success. Unless we have a VY on the bench, Sam is the best option.
At this point, we know we have four games that each qb can play in as freshman that don't burn their red shirt.

Why the hell not?

You understand Tom gets paid 5 million a year to make decisions right? Sam isn't the best option either where we had plenty of receivers open he didn't see them he over threw many as well for first downs or touchdowns. Sam is a football player and if we put him in the H back position he would succeed.

If us as fans can see that Sam isn’t the answer, wouldn’t it make sense that Herman can see it also?

So Jerrod Heard was the number 1 dual threat qb coming out of high school and does anyone know who the number 2 dual threat was that same year? Well he has won a natty and is in the NFL now.....what went wrong there.....

So Jerrod Heard was the number 1 dual threat qb coming out of high school and does anyone know who the number 2 dual threat was that same year? Well he has won a natty and is in the NFL now.....what went wrong there.....

I saw an interview with MB not too long ago where he said he would still be starting Jerod Heard. If he's not on a stretcher at this point, we would be better off today if he were the starting QB. Point being, we have to stop overreacting and stick with something otherwise we become Tennessee.

Posters on this thread are focused on offensive issues...it is the QB...it is the OL....it is the play calling.....but the defense gave up 50% more points than on average last year and gave up more points than UT’s offense averaged last year.

Any thoughts about the defense contributing to this loss?

Posters on this thread are focused on offensive issues...it is the QB...it is the OL....it is the play calling.....but the defense gave up 50% more points than on average last year and gave up more points than UT’s offense averaged last year.

Any thoughts about the defense contributing to this loss?

Not being able to stop a jet sweep for an entire game is alarming

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT