ADVERTISEMENT

official Longhorns vs Turtles thread (ugly uniforms)

So we should schedule a small school like Appalachian state right?

Ask Penn state how that's working out for them right now.

Look, whoever schedules teams like Maryland for the 1st game is an idiot. They are trap games. That was the largest home crowd Maryland will see all year and it happened to be Texas fans. Playing Texas is inspiring for any team.... unfortunately playing Maryland is like kissing your sister. It's the perfect definition of a trap game. The next 2 games should go well for us.

I agree. He’s had a whole year and whole offseason. You either have football IQ or you don’t. He doesn’t.

He threw the ball away on a 2-pt conversion try. That’s full blown retarded.

that is such a smart, right on post I thought I wrote it myself.^^^^^^^^^^^^

When your QB overthrows a guy 20 feet from him on a screen pass, it is time to try the next guy.

Coming from the most duped culture in college football. No, not yet but the sky isn't falling. Ryan acts like a petulant child. Oline's don't drop out of your ass in 1 year. Changing coaches now will only make out team worse and the rebuild 5 years longer. Grow up. Herman can get us there but the cupboard was not full as Charlie stated. It was full of rotten apples.
I agree that year 3 is the year you know if the coach is any good, I just thought mentioning an extension was interesting.

that is such a smart, right on post I thought I wrote it myself.^^^^^^^^^^^^

When your QB overthrows a guy 20 feet from him on a screen pass, it is time to try the next guy.

Umm... who are we going to pull in off the street to replace Sam? You think the Freshmen is ready? Boo... pop gun arm? It takes awhile to build a team that can play. Herman has had 1 year and it's time to bring in the next victim.... Good luck. Aggy's best recent team came with Sherman's players and they ditched him.... They are going to get caught paying and where will that get them? What coach is going to come here? Red was the only guy out there willing to bring in Herman and pay for it. Get rid of Herman and who is going to shell out the coin to bring in the 75 million dollar man. That's stupid.

Reactions: horn wild
I agree that year 3 is the year you know if the coach is any good, I just thought mentioning an extension was interesting.

Look, if he goes 8-4 with a top ten class there will be suitors. Do I know that he will go 8-4, no but it's doable.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
By now, we've seen enough to know that Sam is not a championship QB. He's a gamer. A baller no doubt. But he's not a D1 championship level QB. Last year, we saw the same thing from him. No discipline and poor decisions in critical moments of games. Those mistakes should never be tolerated from a UT QB. Last year, those were frosh mistakes. This year, it's a trend and it's who he is. The coaching staff needs to recognize it right away and start the process of moving him over to an H-back role. Go with Buechele and see where we go. If that fails, then Rising or Thompson need to get their shot.

Yeah Herman needs to use Tulsa to get Rising and Thompson going for the rest of the year. Sam and Shane are completely useless, and there's no point in being hard headed about staying with either one. If he cares about his job, he needs to move on to the future now.

Instead of creating that poisoned atmosphere, run SE til he get's ding donged and do the same with Boo, there will be more open looks for each of them if they have to dedicate a spy.... then bring in the freshman but man that's risky.

By now, we've seen enough to know that Sam is not a championship QB. He's a gamer. A baller no doubt. But he's not a D1 championship level QB. Last year, we saw the same thing from him. No discipline and poor decisions in critical moments of games. Those mistakes should never be tolerated from a UT QB. Last year, those were frosh mistakes. This year, it's a trend and it's who he is. The coaching staff needs to recognize it right away and start the process of moving him over to an H-back role. Go with Buechele and see where we go. If that fails, then Rising or Thompson need to get their shot.

Bueschele is not the answer.

Of course he is. He's a Charlie guy. Still bitter. You bitter that Blake got canned?
Just because I don’t think Herman is the guy doesn’t make me a Charlie guy. As a matter of fact as I pointed out in my post today. Herman and Charlie were at similar points in their coaching career and that’s part of the reason it didn’t work for Charlie and isn’t working for Herman

Instead of creating that poisoned atmosphere, run SE til he get's ding donged and do the same with Boo, there will be more open looks for each of them if they have to dedicate a spy.... then bring in the freshman but man that's risky.

Not any more risky than sticking with a guy that has obviously learned nothing a year later. Plenty of true freshmen QBs have come in and done well. If they're "that guy", they will do well. If not, they end up like Sam and Shane. We're looking for "that guy", and we already know for a fact that's not Sam or Shane. Might as well see if the youngsters are.

Besides, if you want to utilize a running QB, Sam isn't even that good of a runner. Thompson runs circles around that dude. Give him a shot.

Not any more risky than sticking with a guy that has obviously learned nothing a year later. Plenty of true freshmen QBs have come in and done well. If they're "that guy", they will do well. If not, they end up like Sam and Shane. We're looking for "that guy", and we already know for a fact that's not Sam or Shane. Might as well see if the youngsters are.

Besides, if you want to utilize a running QB, Sam isn't even that good of a runner. Thompson runs circles around that dude. Give him a shot.

Well, better get him in against Tulsa 'cause USC and TCU aren't gonna be gentle.

Just because I don’t think Herman is the guy doesn’t make me a Charlie guy. As a matter of fact as I pointed out in my post today. Herman and Charlie were at similar points in their coaching career and that’s part of the reason it didn’t work for Charlie and isn’t working for Herman

Ok smart guy. I want names and salaries and who pays. Details or stop bitching.

I think Herman has to play Thompson and/or Rising at some point this year. If we are goijg in to year 3 still going “we need to find a QB”. We’re probably in trouble. If nothing else have that question answered this year.

I think Herman has to play Thompson and/or Rising at some point this year. If we are goijg in to year 3 still going “we need to find a QB”. We’re probably in trouble. If nothing else have that question answered this year.

Agree here. You already know what you have in Sam and Shane. Kick the tires on the other two. If they don’t have it, you’ve got RoJo coming in next year who fits this type of offense.

Freshman QB's are rarely successful long term. They mostly end up on the ash heap. Sam is the guy. Replacing him will likely end in a losing season. Garret Gilbert, Shane Bueschele, Jerod Heard, who else?? They need time to let the game slow down.

What has two thumbs and is already ****ing waaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiisssssttteeedddddd????

Wait for it.......

This guy!

I agree. Every football coach that is on the UT payroll has failed at their job. There is ZERO excuse for losing to Maryland. Freakin' Maryland for the second consecutive year!! Texas should have blown this team out. It looks like all of these hyped players are just a bunch of mediocre players and the hyped coaching staff is all hat and no cattle.
I think there is a bunch of talent on this team. I think your coaching staff sucks and have said so since strong. I have had to endure this crap for a long time as an Aggie fan of players being out of position and poorly coached. Texas IMO needs to do something similar to what A&M did and go break the bank on a proven winner and top coach. Why the hell would you guys settle like you have for the past 2 hires? You have all the money in the world so go get who you want! You don’t think Dabo would leave Clemson for tons more money? Herman has already lost this team in week one. I do believe Texas will win some games that you don’t think they will. Problem is Herman might go 8-4 and keep his job but you guys aren’t going to be happy because that is still not your standard..and it shouldn’t be.

Reactions: HornDrummer
I think there is a bunch of talent on this team. I think your coaching staff sucks and have said so since strong. I have had to endure this crap for a long time as an Aggie fan of players being out of position and poorly coached. Texas IMO needs to do something similar to what A&M did and go break the bank on a proven winner and top coach. Why the hell would you guys settle like you have for the past 2 hires? You have all the money in the world so go get who you want! You don’t think Dabo would leave Clemson for tons more money? Herman has already lost this team in week one. I do believe Texas will win some games that you don’t think they will. Problem is Herman might go 8-4 and keep his job but you guys aren’t going to be happy because that is still not your standard..and it shouldn’t be.

No, money is not the answer. It will end badly for aggy. They will get caught paying and will have to fight Jimbo in court.... It will be a disaster. Patience is a quality lacking in most people. I bet most of you are Cowboy fans and will be watching next Sunday.

Herman isn’t the problem. We don’t have a damn QB and haven’t had one for the last 10 years.
No.

The problem is the offensive line. Good OLs make bad QBs look good. Bad OLs make good QBs look bad. It all starts with the o-line, and that should be the first priority in every recruiting class, and no expense should be spared in hiring the best OL coach.

Reactions: Cotton #12
No.

The problem is the offensive line. Good OLs make bad QBs look good. Bad OLs make good QBs look bad. It all starts with the o-line, and that should be the first priority in every recruiting class, and no expense should be spared in hiring the best OL coach.

True, but the line isn't causing anybody to overthrow 2 yard passes.

No.

If you’re gonna have a piss poor offensive line, you better have a QB that can make quick reads and be smart with the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT