ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Texas vs Cougar High Gameday Thread of Nostalgia***

If we lose QE for any length of time that is going to hurt. He’s been playing very well and showed again his unique arm talent yesterday. That TD throw to X was work of art. A true legitimate NFL throw that gets serious attention from NFL scouts. He checked down a lot yesterday and in the RRS because opposing defenses were taking away his deep routes. Instead of forcing them into coverage he went to his check downs which aren’t sexy but they are damn productive. That’s a big sign of growth and development for him. I’m not sure Malik is at that level yet. I hope Malik plays lights out but we’re going to have to rely on our run game a lot if Quinn misses any time.
Quinn checks down because Sark's offense gets massacred by a three high safety shell. Teams have been killing us all year with it and Sark doesn't have an answer for it. Sark keeps passing into it so Quinn checks out of it. Personally, I think Quinn gets frustrated with Sark's stubbornness and belief in his West Coast offense. Every team has run the 3 high shell except Bama. We need to run some bully ball... Go with heavy sets with an extra lineman or 2 at TE. Our competition will have to stack the box which will create favorable matchups on the outside for Mitchell and Worthy. ~~~ Rod Babers

Last edited:
Reactions: RoboCocks21
We got 2 turnovers in that game. I don't know if we w8n that game without those 2 turnovers--- and that's alarming to me.
The momentum shift occurred when we subbed 9 second and third stringers on defense after we scored 21. They marched right down and scored. This reminds me of Tommy Boy. He used to run all kinds of rotations that would get us beat.

Yep. Houston had ONE penalty the whole game and it was when the WR ripped the DBS helmet off. Make of that what you will.

Well they certainly made up for it with the ball spot on the penultimate possession. Dude - I agree with and enjoy 99% of your posts. But this obsession with the refs screwing Texas...jeez.
Here is the problem from the big 12. I’m positive they would LOVE to screw Texas and OU both. However both teams have put the big 12 in a position where screwing OU and Texas also means screwing yourself. Texas and OU are the only teams in the big 12 in playoff contention they are the only way you are getting two teams in new years 6 bowl games. I’m sure Yourmark hates it with a passion, but screwing then now makes no sense for the conference

Well they certainly made up for it with the ball spot on the penultimate possession. Dude - I agree with and enjoy 99% of your posts. But this obsession with the refs screwing Texas...jeez.
2023-10-22-114603.png

Reactions: westx
Here is the problem from the big 12. I’m positive they would LOVE to screw Texas and OU both. However both teams have put the big 12 in a position where screwing OU and Texas also means screwing yourself. Texas and OU are the only teams in the big 12 in playoff contention they are the only way you are getting two teams in new years 6 bowl games. I’m sure Yourmark hates it with a passion, but screwing then now makes no sense for the conference
Don't underestimate the hatred from the days of the SWC and now the b12. The following teams enjoy Texas losing more than winning themselves:

Aggy
Baylor
Tceh
TCU
SMU
Houston
piggy

b12:
OkSt
Kst
Kansas
ISU
Neb

Texas will not ever be playing any of the above teams in the regular season in the future except aggy n piggy. Get used to it.

Quinn checks down because Sark's offense gets massacred by a three high safety shell. Teams have been killing us all year with it and Sark doesn't have an answer for it. Sark keeps passing into it so Quinn checks out of it. Personally, I think Quinn gets frustrated with Sark's stubbornness and belief in his West Coast offense. Every team has run the 3 high shell except Bama. We need to run some bully ball... Go with heavy sets with an extra lineman or 2 at TE. Our competition will have to stack the box which will create favorable matchups on the outside for Mitchell and Worthy. ~~~ Rod Babers
Dear Rod,

That's all fun and games coming from a DB-- but one must realize- Leonard Davis don't live here no more. We don't have an OLine that knows how to get heavy and push people off the ball. We zone block/titty slap fight.
Signed,

Someone who used to put their hand in the dirt

I don’t know of any top 15 teams who have consistently blown out their conference opponents. It’s not HS football. Even Georgia and Michigan have had struggles at times. The thing I look for is do we find a way to win. Last few years no. This year we are finding a way to pull these games out. It’s going to be like this the rest of the season for us and everyone else. This is nothing new either so I’m not sure why anyone would be surprised.

I don’t know of any top 15 teams who have consistently blown out their conference opponents. It’s not HS football. Even Georgia and Michigan have had struggles at times. The thing I look for is do we find a way to win. Last few years no. This year we are finding a way to pull these games out. It’s going to be like this the rest of the season for us and everyone else. This is nothing new either so I’m not sure why anyone would be surprised.
Exactly. Look at TCU last year.

Beat OU by 31
Beat KU by 7
OSU by 3 in OT
KState by 10
WVU. Y 10
Tech by 10
Texas by 7
Baylor by 1
ISU 62-14

So there were only two blow out wins in conference play for TCU last year. Blow outs in conference play just don’t happen on a regular basis.

From Gerry Hamilton:

(1:55 pm update) Just received a text from a source ... Quinn wants to play again this season. Texas and Ewers have gotten some initial information back today that it could be possible. Further testing/information is still needed for a final prognosis.

Reactions: westx
From Gerry Hamilton:

(1:55 pm update) Just received a text from a source ... Quinn wants to play again this season. Texas and Ewers have gotten some initial information back today that it could be possible. Further testing/information is still needed for a final prognosis.
Even if he has a broken collarbone(worst case) it’s possible he plays again. Let’s say Texas wins out they probably wouldn’t play again till New Years which is what? 10 weeks from today. He could theoretically play in that game.

That’s the one thing I don’t get. How is Murphy banged up? He hasn’t gotten many snaps in game action. What the hell is he doing in practice to get banged up? Lol

Reactions: diadevic
That’s the one thing I don’t get. How is Murphy banged up? He hasn’t gotten many snaps in game action. What the hell is he doing in practice to get banged up? Lol
Exactly what I was wondering. I know he had a severe ankle injury in high school that was neing treated into his 1st year at Texas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT