ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I guess I'll stick my neck out here. So far, lots of comments, few stories . . .

I went to school at SFA. Right after leaving (a journalism major), I landed a job at a small daily paper in Henderson, Texas. In newspapering, you have to pay your dues so doing a stint in this small town was the beginning of all that.

Anyway, I get married to a babe I was seeing at SFA and we rent a house not far from downtown Henderson. It was an old house, built before 1900 but was in great shape considering the age and had lots of neat little things about it, such as a "booth" built in the kitchen where two people could share breakfast.

Anyway, the house was so old I couldn't open any of the windows. They were painted and rusted shut.

Almost immediately after we move in, our relationship starts heading south. Three months later, we're separated. Keep in mind, I'm a rookie journalist working 12 hr days, so I'm not at that house as much.

So she leaves and it's just me and the dog left behind. Not sure why, but I start spending more time at the house with him. Not a week after she's gone, I hear a door open in the house while my dog and I are watching Letterman in another room. I investigate, find nothing, and write it off. An hour later, a window crashes shut. This alarms me because I know they don't open. I investigate, find nothing, and a little later I'm able to write it off.

I go to bed, hear footsteps across the floor. I investigate, find nothing, go back to bed.

At this point, I'm still not really bothered. But my dog is changing, becoming more timid and less friendly. Seems to be worried all the time. Won't go in some rooms in the house, can't understand why.

I find shades closed that I've opened. Doors continue to shut in the night, as well as windows that I can't open.

I start spending time investigating the ownership of the house. Turns out, a couple once lived there in the 1915-1925 era and the wife ended up killing the husband for fooling around. She killed him in that house.

That was the only death I could find that actually happened in that house, although I had heard that a battle once took place there at that location between Indians and Texas settlers.

Needless to say, I didn't live there much longer. Secured an apartment and moved as soon as I could. The wife came back and things got back to normal a month or so later. The dog took some time before he returned to his happy self. The wife and I had many conversations about that house after we reconciled. Strange stuff.

You have to be careful about buying homes, I guess. I have a friend who sleeps in a bed that his father died of a heart attack in. That's kind weird.

This post was edited on 6/8 10:12 PM by SirHornsalot

Originally posted by SirHornsalot:
Ok, I guess I'll stick my neck out here. So far, lots of comments, few stories . . .

I went to school at SFA. Right after leaving (a journalism major), I landed a job at a small daily paper in Henderson, Texas. In newspapering, you have to pay your dues so doing a stint in this small town was the beginning of all that.

Anyway, I get married to a babe I was seeing at SFA and we rent a house not far from downtown Henderson. It was an old house, built before 1900 but was in great shape considering the age and had lots of neat little things about it, such as a "booth" built in the kitchen where two people could share breakfast.

Anyway, the house was so old I couldn't open any of the windows. They were painted and rusted shut.

Almost immediately after we move in, our relationship starts heading south. Three months later, we're separated. Keep in mind, I'm a rookie journalist working 12 hr days, so I'm not at that house as much.

So she leaves and it's just me and the dog left behind. Not sure why, but I start spending more time at the house with him. Not a week after she's gone, I hear a door open in the house while my dog and I are watching Letterman in another room. I investigate, find nothing, and write it off. An hour later, a window crashes shut. This alarms me because I know they don't open. I investigate, find nothing, and a little later I'm able to write it off.

I go to bed, hear footsteps across the floor. I investigate, find nothing, go back to bed.

At this point, I'm still not really bothered. But my dog is changing, becoming more timid and less friendly. Seems to be worried all the time. Won't go in some rooms in the house, can't understand why.

I find shades closed that I've opened. Doors continue to shut in the night, as well as windows that I can't open.

I start spending time investigating the ownership of the house. Turns out, a couple once lived there in the 1915-1925 era and the wife ended up killing the husband for fooling around. She killed him in that house.

That was the only death I could find that actually happened in that house, although I had heard that a battle once took place there at that location between Indians and Texas settlers.

Needless to say, I didn't live there much longer. Secured an apartment and moved as soon as I could. The wife came back and things got back to normal a month or so later. The dog took some time before he returned to his happy self. The wife and I had many conversations about that house after we reconciled. Strange stuff.

You have to be careful about buying homes, I guess. I have a friend who sleeps in a bed that his father died of a heart attack in. That's kind weird.

Wow! You just spooked me out man. Mandy and I just stayed in a cabin outside of Fredericksburg that was built in the early 1800's. Long story short, you could feel an unexplainable force in the cabin. Strange things happened when we were sober. Lights coming on at 1, 2 and 4 in the morning, strange smells, places in the cabin that stayed very cold all the time when the rest of the cabin was hot as hell and lots of noises. I will never be able to get Mandy to sleep out in the middle of nowhere in a cabin again. Note to self, if you are ever in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with a paranoid woman, keep her drunk as possible.
smile.gif

I've had sleep paralysis at least a dozen times, maybe more. It scared the crap out of me the first few times, as I thought some supernatural force was restraining me. I, too, tried to yell out for help but couldn't muster anything other than a groan.

About two years ago, after another episode, I started doing some research and came across sleep paralysis. While terrified at the cause, it was certainly relieving to know (hope) that it wasn't a supernatural force that was shackling me down.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

i didnt used to believe in ghosts, then i had a couple of encounters myself.

Cuevas,
If the ghost is bothering you and you feel like it doesnt have bad intentions towards you, i would say something to it when you sense it. maybe ask it to find peace or whatever you think is appropriate. i think they can hear you, or in some way understand your intentions. for me, i couldnt live in a house with a ghost, no matter how friendly.

but anyways, my stories.

after my mom passed away, she definitely stayed around for a little while. she had cancer and passed away at home. she didnt want to leave her 2 daughters. i kept having a problem with my car locks all the time. i finally had a talk and it all stopped.

i also saw a ghost on southwest parkway in south austin about a 1/2 mile from the intersection with camp ben road. it was standing in the road looking at a roadside cross on Valentines day about 9pm at night, about 2004. i came around a slight curve and drove right thru it. my dog was in the seat next to me and she was always very calm in the car. she was laying down but she sat up right away and i couldnt get her to sit down for about 10 minutes.
it scared the heck out of me to say the least. i called my boyfriend right away, convinced it was a bad omen. i was driving to see him in lakeway.
it was definitley looking down at the cross from the road. i think it was a man. it was slightly glowing, or had an effervesense to it.

i wouldnt drive thru there at night for 3 years, because i didnt know what would happen if i saw it again. even when i think about it now, it gives me a very very sad feeling, dont know why exactly.

now they have taken down the roadside cross and are building a middle school on the land it sat in front of.

Reactions: Rusty Screwdriver
In 1994 my family lost a wonderful little boy to leukemia (my cousin). My Aunt and Uncle ended up having more children and one of them saw Colton and talked to him all the time. This kid was too young to know how to or to even want to make up these conversations. Kind of creepy.

I know lots of people who claim to have either had a ghost in their home or have seen one. I'm sure they're out there and I don't even want to see one. When I walk out of dark rooms I always give a little extra spring in my step to get out and shut the door because I'm always convinced there is someone in there looking at me.

Originally posted by SirHornsalot:

I completely believe you, but I have to ask why or how in the hell you didn't flip shit when you heard windows crashing and footsteps in your house alone? Either of those things happen to me and I'm not spending another second in the damned place.

Reactions: GO_HORNS_GO
I have a couple stories that would be of the ghosts/angels/demons variety.

My freshman year of college, I came home to visit my parents (Mt. Pleasant). I can't remember the circumstances, but I had the week off from school. Anyway, I went out to the local country club to play some golf. After playing a round solo, I went to the cart shed to plug in my dad's cart and put away my clubs. As I'm standing at the opening to the shed, I look down the path and I see the manager of the pro shop walking down the path (from the 1st tee towards the club house) with a young boy 10-12 a few steps behind (w/in 5 feet). Now, at our country club, the walk from the 1st tee box to the club house is about 200 yards. On one side of the path is nothing but a thicket of woods w/ dense vegetation/undergrowth. On the other is a row of cart sheds, with a walk way between ever 2-3 sheds.

Back to the story.....

When I see Mr. Haupt (pro shop mgr) and the kid walking my way, I think nothing of it and continue putting things away. As they approach, Mrs. Haupt looks over, says "hi", and keeps walking. The kid though stops and stares at me. It was an uncomfortable stare. The kind that makes you ask if the person needs something. After feeling his stare, then looking up, he approaches me with something in his hand. He holds it out and it's a $5 bill. Now, I don't know who this kid is. There was an weird sense of familiarity, but in my hometown, especially at the only private golf course in town, you know everybody. So, I ask the kid, "what's this". To which he says, "This is for you." I told him he didn't owe me anything, but he responded with (darn close to verbatim), "You gave to me when I had nothing. Now I'm giving it back to you." I reiterated that if I ever gave him money he didn't need to pay me back (remember, this is a kid....not some adult w/ a sense of obligation). He kept his hand out and said, "You need to take it." So, I took it. What's interesting about the interaction is that the kid didn't speak like a kid. His articulation and the choice and order of his words were very "adult" and "educated". It was the kind of conversation that made the hairs on your neck stand up, b/c the exterior didn't match the interior.

Now, here's where it gets weird.....

The kid turns and continues walking down the cart path towards the bend that opens into the parking lot, across which is the club house/pro shop. I watch the kid walk about 10', then turn around to finish up. All I had left to do was plug in my dad's cart, which takes all of 5-10 seconds. So, I plug it in, step out of the cart shed and look down the path....where I expected him to be about 75' down the path. But......there's no kid.

Now, the distance from our cart shed to the bend is about 60 yards (180 feet). I'm already weirded out by previous experience, but the fact this kid was no where to be seen freaked the heck out of me......to the point that I slapped the lock on the cart shed and took off running. I ran around the back side of the cart sheds to see if he was in a shed on the back side. I ran down the length.....nothing......then darted back onto the cart path. I sprinted towards the bend, rounded the corner, then bolted between the 3 short rows of cart sheds on the other side of the bend......nothing. I keep sprinting, out into the parking lot. It was mid-day during the week, so there were a whopping 5 or 6 total cars. It's a big open parking lot, with a 100 yard walk from the opening from the cart path to the club house. In the parking lot, there's still no kid. I'm just about panic stricken at this point b/c his disappearance defies logic. Only about 45 seconds has elapsed since I last saw him and there's no where for him to go other than the back side of the cart sheds, the short rows of sheds or the parking lot. And, 45 seconds of walking is not enough time to disappear. So, I bolt across the parking lot to the club house. I look in the restaurant.....no kid. I look by the pool......no kid. So, then I run into the pro shop. There's Mrs. Haupt standing behind the counter. Nearly out of breath, I say, "Mrs. Haupt, who was that kid walking with you from the first tee?" She looks at me confused and says, "What kid?" I said, "there was a kid walking less than 5 feet back to your side." With an expressionless face she says, "Lake, there was no kid. I was walking alone."

I almost died when she said that. It's one thing for a kid you don't know to repay a debt you don't remember. It's one thing for a kid to disappear from a spot that seems impossible to disappear. But, there's no way for someone to walk 3-5 feet from you on a desolate asphalt cart path w/o you knowing they're there.

I left the golf course and went straight to my mom's office and told her the story. The $5 bill the kid gave me has sat on my bookshelf in a picture frame since that day in '96. I have no explanation for what happened that day. As a God fearing man and a guy who's in his Bible daily, I have to believe it was an angel of sorts. I honestly don't know though. I wish I could relive the moment, soak in more details, gain more clarity. I think in the end though, I'd still be left bewildered and amazed.

Originally posted by dillionaire23:
I'd love to post. I've asked her recently what she did with, but she has no idea where it is.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

I'm pretty sure that if I had a picture of a ghost I would not risk losing it...but maybe that's just me.

Originally posted by tysonsmalek:

I know lots of people who claim to have either had a ghost in their home or have seen one. I'm sure they're out there and I don't even want to see one. When I walk out of dark rooms I always give a little extra spring in my step to get out and shut the door because I'm always convinced there is someone in there looking at me.

+1

Here's another one.....of the demon variety.

Recently, some people in our church here in CA reached out to and began studying the bible with a lady one of them had met randomly. During one of the latter studies, where you get open about your sin, the woman confesses that she's a high ranking member of a Satanic cult. She proceeds, over the course of multiple studies to confess the deeds of the organization, child sacrifice, child sex acts, orgies, rapes, etc. The studies all take place at one couple's home in LA. After reaching a point in the studies where she needed to make some life decisions, the couple had gotten advice to go to the police about the contents of her confession. She apparently wasn't committing the crimes (supposedly), but oversaw many of them as one of the leaders. As an aside, she said that we'd be slack-jawed at how many big time people were Satan worshipers in LA.....judges, corporate execs, celebs, etc.

During the course of the studies, which stretched for weeks, lot's of crazy stuff started happening in their home. They were having panic attacks and all kinds of crazy experiences. (These are the most plain Jane people you've ever met. Dry, boring, honest....) Well, things got so scary, they sought the advice of some renowned Christian advisers in LA. They were given the advice (amongst other things) to pray throughout the rooms of the house to remove any evil spirits that were there. (Yeah, I know it sounds hokey!) So, they did so. Well, that night, they woke up at the same time gripped with an unexplainable terror. They both had this hysterical fear that neither could explain. (I don't know the details of the rest of the evening.) The next morning, the wife's sister, who's also a member of our church out in the mid west, called and asked her pointedly, "Did you pray in the attic?" The wife, confused, asked her what she was talking about, to which the sister restated her question even more sternly. The wife said that they hadn't prayed in the attic. The sister then told her she woke up in the middle of the night, panicked, after having a vivid dream that an evil spirit was dripping something on her and her husband as they lay sleeping last night. The couple prayed in the attic that afternoon with some other church members and since that time, there have been no issues.

Even as a guy who knows the Bible every which way, it's still hard for me to wrap my mind around demons and the like, even though the Bible is clear they exist and roam the Earth. But, when you sit down and hear someone tell a story like amidst sobs, with others verifying their accounts, there's no way to deny something happened.

To date, the woman from the Satanic cult has not done any more studies. She apparently had been looking for a way out of her organization. She was pretty traumatized by the things she'd witnessed. She was born into the cult and had experienced some horrific deeds personally. To hear her tell the story (through others), there is something super-natural that takes place when worshiping Satan. She was apparently pretty freaked about by the unexplainable things she'd seen, even beyond the murders, rapes, etc. This is one story that freaks the heck out of me......

I have experienced so much stuff sometimes I wonder if things just dont follow me. When I was a 7 we lived in this Hud house in Yuma. Supposably this little girl had died in the house but I never felt scared but I do remember toilet seats always slamming. One time I was in the bedroom with my mom and I remember the door opening and she said something like "I just got this room warm" and I remember seeing the door shut. My brother swares up and down he woke up on night and seen a figure of a girl standing over him. This could be totally off topic, but I have had two dreams that involved that house in the last couple of years (same exact dream) and something just seems evil about that house in my dreams.

The house I currently live in has had a bunch of weird things happen in it. When we first moved in I would always see these "shadows" that looked like somebody peeping out from the bathroom into my room and every time I would look up they would duck back. I quit seeing those after a while but that wasnt the end of the weird things I have seen. I remember one morning being asleep in bed and woke up when it felt like somebody slapped me on my back. I got up looking around and my bedroom door was shut with nobody in the house. Another time while me and my EX were sleeping with my newborn son between us I woke up to these...I dont know how to explain it but clearish...i dont know right in my face, if my son hadnt of been lower he would have gotten an elbow right in the head. Anyways it appeared like they just went back into the wall if that makes sense. Well me and the EX split up and one night me and my dog were lying in bed asleep and the same thing happens, only this time my dog is freaking the hell out like he seen this as well.

I remember waking up from a dream and not being able to move and through the corner of my eyes seeing a man in black standing over me, and by the time I got through praying and being able to move it was gone (10-15 secs)

Another time I was in my computer room and was on the internet late at night and heard a song playing. I thought it was the TV at first and turned it off, well I kept hearing it and I looked into my bed room and the mobile of my sons bed was turning and playing. I know this could be one of those things that "just happens" but that thing hadnt been wound up in at least a year.

My fiance has seen the bed room door shut and open (only a few inches). She said when she first moved in she seen the little bathroom shadows as well. I had finally told my dad (hes 81) who stays in the room next to us about some of these things and he told me sometimes at night the bottom (by his feet) of his bed would shake a little bit. He would think it was me until I didnt tell him good night, but by that time it had already stopped.

Like other people have mentioned little things like keys, or combs will come up missing only to be found where we had left them. The latest weird thing that has happend was last week. We have a light in our room where you have to pull the string to turn it on and off. Well I had added on a little rope so you wouldnt have to get up out of bed to turn off the light. The rope and broke and I hadnt replaced it yet and we had been having to get up to turn off the light. Well I noticed a few times during the day I was trying to turn on the light and it wouldnt come on, I would twist the bulb and the light would come on (like somebody was untwisting it to turn it off). Well I finally put a string on it and told her she didnt have to turn the bulb any more and she told me she thought it was me that was doing it because she was having to do the same thing.

I could name a lot more things that have happend but I have already rattled off enough as it is. So yeah, I believe in ghost to say the least.

dam i knew i wouldnt be the only one to believe or have experiences but i didnt think there would be this many.. there are more and more stories i could give.. crazy stuff

Up to a few years ago, you couldn't have made me believe in "ghosts" for nothing, but then I had my own "experience."

I agreed to work for a political campaign up in North Missouri for the summer and I needed a place to stay. Staying in a hotel every night was becoming financially impractical and the family I was working for had no room for me to stay at their house or a family members either. I needed an alternative or I was going to go back home.

After some discussion with the family they remembered they had an old vacant family farm house south of town about 8 miles that sits on a hundred acres of land and being used only for raising cattle. I happily agreed to stay there, thinking how much money I was going to save.

They give me the keys and directions to the place and I head out there. I arrive about 10pm and it is pitch black with no other homes in sight....just me, the cattle and this big old dark vacant farm house. It is so dark that I literally have to shine the headlights of my car toward the house just to find the key hole to the door!

Finally, I get into the house and this place is a mess. Dusty, smelly, disorganized, with junk every where. It is a two story house with a basement...after I walk around the house checking it out I finally decide to head to bed upstairs in the cleanest bedroom I could find.

After a few minutes of reading I decide to shut out the light and head to bed....then the fun starts.

I start hearing faint noises down stairs...I don't think too much of it since it is an old house, just the house shifting, etc. I turn over and try to sleep....the noises get louder down stairs. I sit up in bed and listen intently but they go away. Back to sleep I try to go....and then I hear more loud noises coming from down stairs. This startles me and I get up to go check things out....to find nothing amiss.

I troop back up stairs and back to bed I go, thinking this old house is really loud. Well, after about 20 minutes I'm finally to the point I am about to fall to sleep when I hear what sounds like someone walking up the stairs....this gets my attention immediately. I sit up in bed and I listen intently as I hear foot steps one by one head up the stairs and stop right in front of my bedroom door.

I'm thinking to myself that one of my buddies from town has sneaked into the house and is playing around with me, so I sneak up to the door and I pull it open real fast and to my surprise there is no one there....now I am freaked out. I start looking all over the house for the prankster, but I find no one. Now I am admittedly skittish...but I try to go back to bed.

Well, the same damn thing happens again about 30 minutes later....foot steps come up the stairs and stop right in front of the door and this time I'm really freaked out. Again, I head to the door open it up and no one is there. Again, I check all over the house...nothing.

By this time its past midnight and I decide to hell with this....so I gather up my things and I head back into town and check into a hotel room. The next morning I head over to the family's house and they ask me how it went out there last night....I tell them the whole story and they start laughing.

I ask, "what so funny?" They tell me that I encountered the ghost of Grandma Jones, who died out there 25 years ago. They said many family members who have stayed out there over the years have seen her and when she got wound up they would yell "Shut up Grandam Jones!" and all would be ok.

Well, needless to say i didn't head back out there...me and Grandma Jones had our first and last go around that night and she got her wish, me out of the house!

Now I know why arguing with anyone on OB if futile. Ghosts? You should seriously stab yourself in the face with a screwdriver if you believe in ghosts.

Originally posted by TheHangover:
Now I know why arguing with anyone on OB if futile. Ghosts? You should seriously stab yourself in the face with a screwdriver if you believe in ghosts.

ghosts are slightly more plausable than some things unable to be proven are claimed.

do you attend church?

It's not a ghost, but one time about 25 years ago, I was up very late one night and for about 10 seconds I saw a disembodied ram's head floating in the middle of my living room. It did not freighten me or speak to me. I mostly remember it's dark, large, emotionless, charcoal eyes. I eventually drew a picture of it and showed it to a knowledgeable friend of mine. He said it was a powerful demonic being and he asked if it looked at me. I said, "No" that it was simply floating in the air about 4' off the ground and had rotated slowly from looking 90 degrees to my left to just over my left shoulder when it disappeared. My friend really freaked me out when he said it was there to take me to the dark side and that if it had looked at me it would have. He said I must have had something pretty powerful standing beside me preventing it from doing what it had come there to do because I could not have resisted it on my own. Thank you, Sweet Jesus.

I have never even dabbled in the occult and have been a Christian believer all my life. I can't tell you if what I saw that night was real or a hallucination - it was late and I was very tired but I was sober. I just know what I saw and I can still remember it to this day.
This post was edited on 6/9 3:33 AM by LongToothHorn

Thanks Cuevas. I won't be sleeping tonight...or the next three nights, thanks to you. I almost jump through the ceiling when I hear my AC crank up or a car start outside....

I've personally seen two ghosts in my life.

The freakiset thing I've ever heard of was a story told to me by one of my older sister's closest friends. She's a very level headed person and not the sort to exaggerate or make up stories or even jokes. She's also very left-brained and wouldn't believe such a story unless she knew for fact it were true. Anyway, here goes:

her family goes back in Alabama back to the 1700's and one aunt owns a house that was built by family around 1800. There have been several unexplained violent deaths in the house's history, but the two most disturbing both happened in the 1980's, I believe, and both happened at night and were not discovered until the next day. The first was simple: the deceased was found shoved THROUGH a solid hardwood wall to the point the man's body was half in his bedroom and half in a closet in a neighboring bedroom. He obviously died from the impact, and they had to cut him out.

The second is much, much creepier. Apparently in a second floor hallway there is a portrait of ten year old girl holding a broom that was of some family member in the 1800's. My sister's friend said that everybody is always creeped out by it. Anyway, one time a house guest was found beaten to death in her bed the next morning. The body was covered by bruises and impressions from head to toe in the EXACT same shape and proportion as the broom in the picture right outside that bedroom, the one with the little girl. Apparently nobody has been allowed to sleep in that room ever since.

Just thought I'd share.

What did the investigators discover in the first death, Matf?

Originally posted by = Ice Man =:
Here's another one.....of the demon variety.

Recently, some people in our church here in CA reached out to and began studying the bible with a lady one of them had met randomly. During one of the latter studies, where you get open about your sin, the woman confesses that she's a high ranking member of a Satanic cult. She proceeds, over the course of multiple studies to confess the deeds of the organization, child sacrifice, child sex acts, orgies, rapes, etc. The studies all take place at one couple's home in LA. After reaching a point in the studies where she needed to make some life decisions, the couple had gotten advice to go to the police about the contents of her confession. She apparently wasn't committing the crimes (supposedly), but oversaw many of them as one of the leaders. As an aside, she said that we'd be slack-jawed at how many big time people were Satan worshipers in LA.....judges, corporate execs, celebs, etc.

During the course of the studies, which stretched for weeks, lot's of crazy stuff started happening in their home. They were having panic attacks and all kinds of crazy experiences. (These are the most plain Jane people you've ever met. Dry, boring, honest....) Well, things got so scary, they sought the advice of some renowned Christian advisers in LA. They were given the advice (amongst other things) to pray throughout the rooms of the house to remove any evil spirits that were there. (Yeah, I know it sounds hokey!) So, they did so. Well, that night, they woke up at the same time gripped with an unexplainable terror. They both had this hysterical fear that neither could explain. (I don't know the details of the rest of the evening.) The next morning, the wife's sister, who's also a member of our church out in the mid west, called and asked her pointedly, "Did you pray in the attic?" The wife, confused, asked her what she was talking about, to which the sister restated her question even more sternly. The wife said that they hadn't prayed in the attic. The sister then told her she woke up in the middle of the night, panicked, after having a vivid dream that an evil spirit was dripping something on her and her husband as they lay sleeping last night. The couple prayed in the attic that afternoon with some other church members and since that time, there have been no issues.

Even as a guy who knows the Bible every which way, it's still hard for me to wrap my mind around demons and the like, even though the Bible is clear they exist and roam the Earth. But, when you sit down and hear someone tell a story like amidst sobs, with others verifying their accounts, there's no way to deny something happened.

To date, the woman from the Satanic cult has not done any more studies. She apparently had been looking for a way out of her organization. She was pretty traumatized by the things she'd witnessed. She was born into the cult and had experienced some horrific deeds personally. To hear her tell the story (through others), there is something super-natural that takes place when worshiping Satan. She was apparently pretty freaked about by the unexplainable things she'd seen, even beyond the murders, rapes, etc. This is one story that freaks the heck out of me......

Iceman, I think what your story points out is that the only real demons are twisted and evil humans. Now, I believe there's more to it than just that, at a spiritual level, one could say, but in the end it boils down to that.

From what I remember (I was told all of this 15 years ago) there was zero explanation that could be made. Zero.

And again, the woman that told me this is a die-hard Catholic, scientific-minded type that would never make shit up.

Originally posted by TheHangover:

In reality, the only people that need to follow your suggestion are those that are so close-minded and egotistical that they assume that that which they have never personally seen/experienced just can't be.

To quote one of my favorite film lines of all time: "Most people will never know anything beyond what they can see with their own two eyes."

In the Holy Bible King Saul talks to Samuel, after Samuel is dead, via a witch. If you read/believe the Bible ghosts are real.

When I was in my early twenties I shared an old house with two roommates. They warned me when I moved in that the house was hainted and of course I laughed it off as bullshit. It didn't take long to see what they were talking about as strange events happened quite frequently. Dishes would rattle violently in the cabinets when noone was even in the kitchen, a cover flew off the tower speakers next to the tv and sailed across the room one night, and a female guest told us she saw a little girl standing next to her bed. We never even mentioned the house being haunted to her so strange for her to say that if she made it up.

Perhaps the eeriest thing that happened to me while living there happened one night while watching tv. I started getting a cold eneasy feeling and then heard footsteps on the wooden porch outside. I didn't move just sat there waiting for a knock at the door. It didn't come. But whatever it was came in the living room with me because both dogs woke from a dead sleep and began growling and barking at something in the room with us. I MEAN DIRECTLY AT SOMETHING, like they could see it. They followed it in unison across the room and up into the corner of the ceiling. I was just frozen in one place. After maybe 30 seconds the strange feeling left and the dogs just quit barking, more of a whimper. I can't put into words the feeling I had but those who have experienced it know what I'm talking about it. Call me crazy if you want but I know.

We moved out of that house soon after and around the corner. About six months later the new renters, a middle aged couple, pulled up in our driveway and said "did yall used to live in that house around the corner? Did yall ever have any weird unexplained things happen, we think that place is haunted." I definately believe in spirits.

When I was around 10 years old I would hear screams and cabinets slam shut one month. Then one night when I was about to go to sleep I looked up and saw a white figure floating to my right. I could make out every detail of this thing.. its robe.. face..everything. I was not frightened at all. It started to float across the room.. staring at me the whole time. When it got to the wall and vanished into it there was a very loud boom! Then screams and cabinets slamming ended after that.

After college I went with my dad to a freinds ranch to duck hunt. As I was reading in bed I could hear foot steps going up and down the hall way. I heard my dad get up to go to the rest room so I ran to his room to ask him if he was hearing the footsteps. He said no, but our black lab was freaking out. So I said she is coming to my room. When the footsteps started again she just sat at the door following the sound back and worth. Didnt sleep that night. When we were getting ready for the hunt my dad told the hosts about what i heard. They started laughing saying when they bought the house and moved it to their ranch they slept on the floor the first night and the footsteps could be heard going up and down the center on the house. They hear them from time to time but nothing else has ever come up.

I'll toss mine in here. It's not of the creepy, scary kind, but it was a pivotal moment in my life.

I was around 8 years old. my father was physically abusive. He was a very large man, and I was a very small boy. I am the youngest of 4 and the only one to not be over 6'3". (I'm 5'9") He didn't think of it as abuse, but he was "trying to make me tough" by forcing me into a corner and punching me, or by grabbing me and wrestling me onto the floor and lying on top of me where I couldn't move or breath. That type of thing.

Anyway, we had a small chihuahua mix dog. One day, I was in the back yard, totally alone, and I was holding this dog off the ground by its tail. IT was yelping and crying, and trying to bite at me in vain. It was fun! Then, just as clearly as you can imagine, I hear "Joel!" I dropped the dog and looked around. I didn't recognize the voice, but someone had caught me. Well, no one was around, so maybe it was my mom yelling at me from the house. I went inside to find her in the middle of washing dishes at the kitchen sink. "yes, Mama?" I asked. She simply looked at me puzzled. I said "You called me?" She said ", No, I didn't say anything."

At that moment, I had a bit of clarity. I was doing the same thing to our dog that my father was doing to me. I was hurting it for my fun. I believe that some spirit - call it guardian angel, whatever you wish - guided me into that realization. I vowed from that moment, I WOULD NOT be like my father, and I would no longer live in fear. Bruises would heal, cuts can be stitched, but he would not ever affect my soul again.

Reactions: mardoc20
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT