ADVERTISEMENT

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by joeywa:
Originally posted by licheb:
Originally posted by 314horn:
I will tell the complete story tomorrow. In short, the score is 314horn 1, Oklahoma 0.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Unless you're counting in 1000s or your tally (1) signifies the number of all time humiliating cyber beatdowns, I believe you have drastically underestimated your margin of victory here.
I think it's a given that 314 wins by 10.
3dgrin.gif

I'm laughing like crazy right now. This is so childish and stupid, but SOOOOOOOOO funny.

Truly epic.

im like a little kid waiting on Christmas eve for santa. cant wait for the update.

we'll end it with 314's last update:

Originally posted by 314horn:
Here's the update to all that went down with the Sooners who took time out of their day back in November to send me obscene emails.

1. Back in November, the 45-35 campaign received 300+ emails from Sooners, and each one of them received no response, just an email saying "your message was not delivered". Some of them tried many times to resend, like hampsters on a wheel. Each time, they received the same email. None of them even received the satisfaction that their original email was read by a longhorn who would be enraged.

2. I was enraged. Think back to how mad you were that week. Then think how you would have reacted if you had an inbox full of threats, insults, tickets for the Big 12 Championship Fed Ex'd to your home address with a note saying "I'm sure you won't show up to watch the champs plays, so enjoy watching the Sooners win the Big 12 again". I'm a lifelong, 3rd Generation Texas fan. I go to all the games, I donate to our programs, those who know me know that I set up baseball blocks in Omaha, road trips for football games, you name it. Furthermore, I put lots of time and my own money into helping the 45-35 campaign. The mature move would be to let it go. I did for a few days, and then I watched them win the Big 12, and more emails came in, more mail to my house, etc. I decided to have a little fun, and my main goal was to embarrass/enrage the worse offenders, and have some fun.
3. In order to do that, I figured I would wait until they were at their most sensitive point, and only get the most immature of the emailers. So I chose the morning after their 5th straight BCS loss, in which they really did piss away a National Championship. Imagine how these clowns were feeling as they stumbled in to work. Again, we've already established that these are the most immature sooner fans you could find, the kind that probably talks a lot of shit at work, the kind that would be most enraged by a longhorn like me rubbing it in their faces. Put yourself in their shoes. Say Vince doesn't score on 4th and 5.... You walk into work the morning after, and Boomer Sooner is playing at a ridiculous volume on your computer, and you can't stop it. You are searching for anything positive. You get an email that says "Vince is staying another year at UT", and you click on it, and it's Boomer Sooner and highlights of OU kicking our ass". Remember, these are immature idiots I'm talking about here.
4. The email I sent out to these Sooners was not a virus. I just posted that it was, thinking that it would cause a panic, and it did. Virus is one of those words that just scares people. A buddy of mine just created a simply media file that when you maximize it, the only button shown is the "repeat" button. No one's computer was damaged, the worst that happened was that it froze a few peoples computers due to the size compressed mp3 sound file that accompanied it.
5. To make a long story short, it worked. Some people have their sound off or whatever, and so it just played through. Some deleted the email, and some haven't even checked it. I posted some of the responses on the original thread, and there are a ton of them. As with any good prank, some people take things way to seriously, and make threats, etc. And apparently 70% of these people have an attorney on retainer just in case a longhorn every sends them a highlight film. I was in a great mood Friday, and really enjoyed responding to the people who emailed back and were mad. It just ran its course in a day, and I'm not going to waste any more time on this. For those of you who kept sending me emails of Sooners to bomb, no one got them. The guy that created the file got scared, and told me we took this too far. I disagree. He got scared by the "big talkers" who threatened to call their attorneys, etc. Again, there was no virus. I simply emailed a file with a link to the Texas fight song and some highlights from youtube. They didn't have to click on the file, the ones who did simply chose unwisely.
6. Besides the ones on the original thread, here are 2 more good exchanges. I'm not going to waste anymore time on this, it was addicting for a day, and I had my fun.

Sooner 1: "I'm sending this to the highest authority. You will not get away with this".
texas 45.ou35@yahoo.com: "The 3 highest authorities in Oklahoma are the Comanche Indian Chief, The Trailer Park Ranger, and Bob Stoops. None of them really concern me".
Sooner 1: "Big mistake. I feel really sorry for you. You have messed with the worng person. You will hear from my attorney".
texas45.ou35@yahoo.com: "I can't wait. Tell him 2 things in his prep. 1. This isn't a virus, its a media file. Nothing illegal was sent. In your excitement at thinking Bradford was returning, you clicked on the file. You simply chose unwisely. 2. Tell him he can suck my balls, but only after I mow the yard".

Sooner 2: "Look you #$#$$###^$#$&@^$@$, you better fix this asap! I'm gonna call the cops."
texas45.35@yahoo.com: "Give me your phone number, I will walk you through it".
Sooner 2: 580-495-xxxx
texas45.ou35@yahoo.com: At this point, I ran down from my work to the pay phone at the Chevron on the corner of Westheimer and Chimney Rock in Houston, and called his number. He answered the phone, and it sounded like he was on a commercial runway. I couldn't even tell what song was playing, it was indistinguishable noise, and he started yelling at me telling me to make it stop, calling me every name in the book, etc. I just hung up, ran back to my office laughing my ass off. This is where it jumped the shark for me, I had been laughing all morning, but this really was too much.

P.S. the only "media/sooner celebrity" to respond was Brian Bosworth, who simply responded "nicely done".

I'm glad some of you enjoyed this as much as I did, it's time for me to let it go, and get back to work. Hook'em.

This post was edited on 1/11 2:43 PM by 314horn

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT