ADVERTISEMENT

Saban Retiring

Wow. The undisputed GOAT. Alabama is pretty damn impressive to have the first and second place best all time football coaches.

Wow there has been rumors, but there are rumors every year. Makes sense though. It’s gonna be a lot tougher to win titles going forward, and the gap between he and other programs isn’t what it was. He will end up on college gameday next year.

He doesn't like the way college football is changing. Figured this would happen just not this year. Crazy

Speaking of sark and Alabama he wouldn’t entertain it, but Bama will probably reach out to sark

That would be very hard to say no to. Especially if there is a big pay increase.
Eh he’s gonna get a big pay raise from Texas so that won’t matter. Sark and Saban have a pretty tight relationship. I think it would depend on how involved Saban is in picking his replacement. If they settled on Sark and Saban called and said “sark you are the guy”THAT would be hard for him to say no too

Reactions: Fabius
ehh idk..i think Sark loses a lot of credibility if he just jumps ship after all the building and preaching hes been doing at Texas...But then again I guess money does talk.....but Texas can match any offer Bama makes right?

Also over at Texag. Doesnt matter what thread youre reading, somehow the conversation always ends up about us lol. Those dudes are so pathetic. Saying Texas is the reason Saban retired lol

The job will be offered to Dabo first.

If he says "no" then all bets are off.

But if you're Dabo-- do you take that job? Expectations could kill you.
I think Dabo HAS to go to Bama if it’s offered. The shin is off him at Clemson. Went 4-4 in ACC last year. Recruiting isn’t as hot as it was

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
Don't think Sark would go if offered. His agent would leverage any offer to raise his current compensation.

Time and again it's been a sad situation for the immediate successor to coaching legends.

Reactions: outhereincali
This is kinda weird. ESPN is saying Saban was interviewing potential assistants today an hour before telling the team he was leaving… WTF how did those interviews go? lol

Is there any NFL coaches potentially? Dabo seems like the right choice to me as well and if not him, maybe Lanning. I don’t believe Sark nor Kiffin are legitimate candidates. I think Texas should compensate Sark to the going rate, but CDC should not go crazy on the salary by any means. I am not even worried about Sark leaving to the gumps.

I think Dabo HAS to go to Bama if it’s offered. The shin is off him at Clemson. Went 4-4 in ACC last year. Recruiting isn’t as hot as it was
He has like a 90 million dollar buyout so I can’t see that happening

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT