ADVERTISEMENT

Saban Retiring

There is only one reason Sark has not signed an extension yet, he's entertaining offers...

Looks like Dan Lanning has been in the process of taking over at Bama. Bama needs a coach who will adapt to the portal/NIL world. Saban doesn't like change soooooo when change happens you adapt or get left behind. Looks like bama is making needed changes. Good for them for getting ahead of the curve. Texas would never do that.

Saban was the last to know. Lanning is in Tuscolusa and is in the process of taking over.

Looks like Dan Lanning has been in the process of taking over at Bama. Bama needs a coach who will adapt to the portal/NIL world. Saban doesn't like change soooooo when change happens you adapt or get left behind. Looks like bama is making needed changes. Good for them for getting ahead of the curve. Texas would never do that.

Saban was the last to know. Lanning is in Tuscolusa and is in the process of taking over.
Saban(and other coaches) want everyone to believe they hate the portal and NIL, but last year Saban pulled Jamir Gibbs and Jamison Williams out of the portal. Who then went on to be first round picks. Saban adapted fine to the portal and for him to tell anyone otherwise is disingenuous

Lanning has said no he loves Oregon.

Damn Dan Lanning turned down the Bama job? Dude i think id be the same way? If i already had a good job. Imagine being the guy who gets to go in AFTER Saban...Id rather wait tell they run a coach or 2 out the door for not winning 11 games a year constantly, THEN go for the job.

Reactions: DHHorn
Damn Dan Lanning turned down the Bama job? Dude i think id be the same way? If i already had a good job. Imagine being the guy who gets to go in AFTER Saban...Id rather wait tell they run a coach or 2 out the door for not winning 11 games a year constantly, THEN go for the job.
Exactly! You're not getting Sabans wins or championships all you're getting is his big ass shoes to fill. It's not worth it if you're in a place that financially can afford to pay you and you have a winning program. Good luck to the guy going in because it's going to be some middle of the road seasons and CheezeIt Bowls.

It was probably pretty easy for Lanning to turn down Bama. He has no real connection to Bama other than being a GA for a season and he has a pretty nice gig at Oregon.

Now if Kirby left UGA and they called Lanning he might have to think about it a minute

It was probably pretty easy for Lanning to turn down Bama. He has no real connection to Bama other than being a GA for a season and he has a pretty nice gig at Oregon.

Now if Kirby left UGA and they called Lanning he might have to think about it a minute
supposedly , and i dont see this happening. But SUPPOSEDLY a private jet left Tuscaloosa for Athens today.

supposedly , and i dont see this happening. But SUPPOSEDLY a private jet left Tuscaloosa for Athens today.
Eh yeah I doubt it. Kirby is at his Alma mater. Now I have heard that Arthur Blamk wants to talk to him about the Falcons job. If that is true that might be something that intrigues him. Taking the path of his mentor Saban knowing college ball will always be there

Reactions: hookem777
Oregon is going to kill it in the Big 10. If I'm Lanning, there's no way I'd jump ship for Bama. The SEC got tougher with OU and UT joining. And there is a real middle in the SEC that can step up and beat good teams when they don't play well. The Big 10 is a conference of two heavyweights and a 12 featherweights allowing the heavyweights to basically play a 1 game season. Oregon, at worst, steps in and becomes the 3rd best team in that conference, and I'm not sure they aren't number 1 or 2.

Oregon is going to kill it in the Big 10. If I'm Lanning, there's no way I'd jump ship for Bama. The SEC got tougher with OU and UT joining. And there is a real middle in the SEC that can step up and beat good teams when they don't play well. The Big 10 is a conference of two heavyweights and a 12 featherweights allowing the heavyweights to basically play a 1 game season. Oregon, at worst, steps in and becomes the 3rd best team in that conference, and I'm not sure they aren't number 1 or 2.
idk id say at least 4 to 5 heavyweights in the BIG10 ...Mich..OSU...WU...ORG...and sometimes USC

Reactions: westx
idk id say at least 4 to 5 heavyweights in the BIG10 ...Mich..OSU...WU...ORG...and sometimes USC
There is now, but there wasn't before. And Oregon already knows it can compete with the USCs and UWs of the world.

If Harbaugh leaves Michigan Oregon is easily #2

Reactions: Texasrick
Looks like it to me. 💯 I’m no coach but theres no way I’m following that guy at bama. Especially if you’re in a good spot already. It is going to be interesting to see who they land in their self imposed 72 hr window.

Funny how this recruitment game is playing out now. It doesn't seem like the well-orchestrated slam dunk, the sports media claimed it would be.

Funny how this recruitment game is playing out now. It doesn't seem like the well-orchestrated slam dunk, the sports media claimed it would be.
I don’t think the media was claiming it would be that way as much as saying it NEEDED to be that way to keep the roster and recruits in place. The roster has 30 days to decide if they want to portal or not. So each day this goes the harder it’s going to be to keep the roster.

I don’t know that this means he’s going, but if I’m a Washington fan it an ominous sign.

Reactions: westx
Mike Norvell got a new contract at FSU looks like about 10 mill a year probably around where Sark will land

Risk free job for Deboer,imo. Standard sec coach job is 10mil /yr x 5yr. For $50mil, it’s okay to sh*t the bed in a worst case scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT