ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Looks like a play for a needed TE.

Texas Football is eyeing a graduate transfer in Ben Yurosek. They have their sights set on former Stanford senior tight end, who is scheduled to visit Austin soon after visiting Georgia over the weekend according to ESPN.

At 6-foot-5 weighing 235 pounds, Yurosek stands out as one of the portal's most skilled and prolific tight ends, with 108 career receptions for 1,342 yards.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
nice! I like the guys we’ve added, but probably gonna see some young guys portal in the spring with the guys we added

Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

With the addition of Silas Bolden our WR has so much f’n speed! WR has went from a question mark to a strength with the portal additions. Sark is utilizing the hell out of the portal this offseason and I love it. We can compete with anybody next year.

Reactions: westx and hookem777
He’s a stud but if he’s not bought in, he needs to go. Sark finally cut out all the cancers. Don’t need to bring in a guy that doesn’t want to be here. That’s a problem waiting to happen.

It’s fine to recruit 5 star kids. At the end of the day it’s those guys who most often turn in to studs, but recruiting them isn’t enough. You gotta coach them up. That’s what we’ve failed to do for much of the last 15 years.

i also don’t think we do a good job of evaluating talent. Every class Texas should be pulling a few of the 3 star kids that turn in to studs. Don’t just leave them for k state, Iowa state, etc. Tgats how Gary Pinkle built Missouri. He took all the guys out of Texas that Texas and OU didn’t want mixed them with the Kansas City and St. Louis Metro kids and built some good teams.
those teams that start 20+ 3* are bound to hit on a few. Those same guys are buried on the depth chart at tier 1 schools like UT, UGA etc.

With the addition of Silas Bolden our WR has so much f’n speed! WR has went from a question mark to a strength with the portal additions. Sark is utilizing the hell out of the portal this offseason and I love it. We can compete with anybody next year.
ppl calling Silas T Hill jr

Reactions: westx
ppl calling Silas T Hill jr
He's a 10.6 100M guy. Hill ran 10.19. So he's fast, but nowhere near Tyreek Hill speed. But then again nobody really is lol.

I read that we have 5+ guys in our WR room that run 10.8 or better in the 100M. This room reminds me a lot of that 2020 Bama WR room. They just killed teams with their speed.

Austin = Alabama West.

How many portal guys does this make? And how many spots are available?

Sark has absolutely annihilated the transfer portal so far. If we get Niblack and Muhammad I really do think we have a team that can win the SEC in year 1. Our secondary went from a weakness to an instant strength adding both Mukuba and Muhammad.

I think Sark believes he can win a national title next year. And why shouldn’t he? 2 of the 3 teams Texas was in the playoffs with this year look like they are going to be non factors next season. Maybe add a 3rd if Harbaugh leaves Michigan.

With that said if not Texas than who next year? uGA maybe Ohio state then it’s all up in the air.

My bet would be Ohio State, Georgia, Oregon and us.
Sark has over 100 recruits on campus this weekend for classes now through 2027. Big weekend to set foundation for years to come.

I think Sark believes he can win a national title next year. And why shouldn’t he? 2 of the 3 teams Texas was in the playoffs with this year look like they are going to be non factors next season. Maybe add a 3rd if Harbaugh leaves Michigan.

With that said if not Texas than who next year? uGA maybe Ohio state then it’s all up in the air.
Id like nothing more than to play Georgia for all the marbles. We owe them one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT