ADVERTISEMENT

This Just Got Real

I find it hard to believe that the BOR made "repeated attempts" to implement Title IX requirements, and Starr "resisted." How hard can it be to hire a Title IX coordinator? Its on Starr, he's in charge, but BOR was befuddled on how to get Title IX implemented??? Sounds like CYA by BOR with lawsuits pending and coming..
Still waiting to find out the fixit guys. I suspect Kendall did daddy's bidding.

Don't give me too much credit -- I used to root for the U when they were beating the Sooners back in the '80's. Yes, it sucks. But we're done. It'll take another 20 years and 5 coaches to stumble into another Teaff or Briles - who knows what the football landscape will look like then. So, I'll go back to what I did pre-Briles -- root for the Horns, become a huge women's hoops fan, and celebrate the occasional upset.

diadevic I like you and respect your opinions. But you're overreacting about a death penalty. The NCAA realizes now that the death penalty imposed on SMU was way to severe and they'll never do it again. Your alma mater is starting over the people responsible for this Starr, McGraw, and Briles have been rightfully fired. The storm has passed. The first thing your school has to do is hire a President who is qualified and has spent his life preparing for an opportunity to be president at a school like Baylor , and not hire a controversial, isolating, lightning rod. The powers that be at Baylor went for a national name when they named the weasel as their president and didn't consider whether he was qualified to even be one.

I'm ashamed that I thought Ian McGraw might be a good ad at Texas. But he did do a good job hiring a good fb and mens hoops coaches he raised funds to upgrade the facilities and mostly build a new stadium at a school that desperately needed one. If only he would have stood up and put a stop to those rapes when they were first happened. And he kept doing Art Briles bidding and I have zero respect for him now.

But with those new facilities and a student body that really gets behind the fb team there are some good coaches that might be interested in showing up in Waco. I see Baylor is looking for a new ad, I hope he doesn't' give in to alum pressure and hire a fb coach with Briles connections that would be the worst possible thing. The NCAA would get mad enough to start investigating the fb team again. There are plenty of good coaches with no Briles ties that are capable of doing the job and this time doing it right. In this case Tony Elliot or Brent Venables at Clemson might be worth considering. I mean last year Baylor still went 10/3 and if the qb hadn't gotten injured they probably would have made the playoffs. If your school does it right when hiring the new Prez, and ad and the right kind of people unify your bor you can get back in a few years. Seriously. Just don't something disastrous and bring back Jim Grobe. For self serving reasons UT and the rest of the Big XII would like that but it would destroy your fb program.

And this isn't some kind of pep talk diadevic that's bs. Like I said just hope your school hires the right people this time.

Reactions: westx and diadevic
Speaking of hiring the right people, how embarrassing is it for Mizzou (and the SEC, I suppose) that their AD just left to replace Ian McCaw at Baylor?

Wow! That ship over there (Baylor) isn't sinking as fast as this one (Mizzou) is...
lrbwhrr9dwasr2nqq5oo.gif

Not to go off topic but --- it seems that the Aggies have a lot of guys that advertise their businesses on the radio, and they always mention that they were class of _____. I've heard everything from roofers to car dealers. I will say that it makes me less inclined to frequent their businesses. Unless of course they cut me a deal.

diadevic I saw where your alma mater just hired Mack Rhoades as its new ad. Mack Rhoades was the ad at Cougar high. The head coach at Cougar high just happens to be the hottest name in college coaching. His agent has let it be known that he's all ears when it comes to listening to Baylor. Hmmmm

Reactions: diadevic
Wow! BU threatened rape victims with telling parents about their being at parties and drinking alcohol... Some rape victims were punished by Baylor for reporting the rape. Unbelievable.

They'd have expelled Jesus, I'm pretty sure.

Wow! BU threatened rape victims with telling parents about their being at parties and drinking alcohol... Some rape victims were punished by Baylor for reporting the rape. Unbelievable.

They'd have expelled Jesus, I'm pretty sure.
there is zero excuse now why Baylor shouldn't be kicked out of the Big 12. I was on the fence about the death penalty for football at Baylor but now after that, they should not be allowed to have any sports on that campus.

diadevic I saw where your alma mater just hired Mack Rhoades as its new ad. Mack Rhoades was the ad at Cougar high. The head coach at Cougar high just happens to be the hottest name in college coaching. His agent has let it be known that he's all ears when it comes to listening to Baylor. Hmmmm

I would rather see Tom Herman coaching at Baylor than at aggy.

I would rather see Tom Herman coaching at Baylor than at aggy.

From what I've read Tom Herman is a pretty interesting guy, different as far as head coaches go. I mean how many coaches you know are members of Mensa? And when it comes to head coaches wives his wife is definitely unique.

The category 5 sh*tstorm powers on.

How do you like our Manchurian Candidate, Baylor?

In all seriousness, in light of everything that has happened ...... WHY IN THE HELL ARE THEY CALLING "BAYLOR ATHLETICS"???????????????? IF YOU FEAR FOR YOUR SAFETY, (A) CALL THE POLICE FIRST THEN (B) PULL OUT YOUR PIECE!!!!!!

Please Lord give us the death penalty. Today.

Reactions: Belldozer1
In all seriousness, in light of everything that has happened ...... WHY IN THE HELL ARE THEY CALLING "BAYLOR ATHLETICS"???????????????? IF YOU FEAR FOR YOUR SAFETY, (A) CALL THE POLICE FIRST THEN (B) PULL OUT YOUR PIECE!!!!!!

Good points. 911 was the correct 1st # to call, not BU athletics unless she was trying to get a scholly out of the deal.

I blame Mack Brown. It was his curse that sent Rami to BU where Briles taught him questionable morals and here is the result. And it is the girls fault for wanting to extort BU.;)

On the bright side, Bob Stoops is on line 2 offering a transfer scholly.

Last edited:
Is the Hammad stalking timeline normal, in terms of police procedures?

He corners his ex in the prof's office on July 7.

Police talk to him on the scene, then, and again on July 11. Both times, they advise him to leave her alone.

Almost a full month -- 25 days -- after the initial incident, they arrest him. Why did it take that long?

Is the Hammad stalking timeline normal, in terms of police procedures?

He corners his ex in the prof's office on July 7.

Police talk to him on the scene, then, and again on July 11. Both times, they advise him to leave her alone.

Almost a full month -- 25 days -- after the initial incident, they arrest him. Why did it take that long?

Grobe stating during the B12 media days that, 'there is no culture of bad behavior at Baylor.' was between these dates.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that the Big 12 is as slow and inept as the Baylor Admin...and Waco police dept for not already kicking them out.....

Reactions: clob94
Just saw OTL during lunch. Apparently this Rami thing was a break up, a bunch of calls and him showing up and harassing her at her place of living and such. Just not leaving her alone.
Then this incident that started at her place, where he followed her to class, and then to the profs office. Where teachers are trained to secure safety and then call the title 9 offices per BU policy and training to teachers. They goofed here calling the football facilities. The police showed when they were called and told him to leave.

The reason for a delay in arrest is because the Wacko cops weren't doing anything as a result of that incident. It took THREE more incidents where cops were called before they saddled up for an arrest. This according to OTL on ESPN just a minute ago.

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
Meanwhile the girl was subletting someone's apt and driving a rental car to keep him from finding her.

I'm not trying to rub it in, diadevic, but I think Briles' misconduct has gotten you halfway there without the NCAA having to lift a finger.

You'll have to tell me if these numbers are correct, but I read that with all of the defections from the 2016 class plus other recent attrition, Baylor is now down to 66 scholarship players, seven scholarship OL (that can't be right, can it?), and 27 total scholarship offensive players. Do you whether those numbers are accurate? And, of course, with the entire staff being a lame-duck group, it's hard to imagine the 2017 class being anything significantly better than a disaster.

I'm not trying to rub it in, diadevic, but I think Briles' misconduct has gotten you halfway there without the NCAA having to lift a finger.

You'll have to tell me if these numbers are correct, but I read that with all of the defections from the 2016 class plus other recent attrition, Baylor is now down to 66 scholarship players, seven scholarship OL (that can't be right, can it?), and 27 total scholarship offensive players. Do you whether those numbers are accurate? And, of course, with the entire staff being a lame-duck group, it's hard to imagine the 2017 class being anything significantly better than a disaster.
According to this article, we are down to 70 with only 12 left in the 2016 class. That includes the stalker and whoever else has been dismissed or won't make it back for the fall. Assuming Grandpa Grobe can keep morale up this year, which I highly doubt seeing his recruiting skills on the current team, the REAL drop off will be next year. Right now, we have zero commits, and no coach on the recruiting trail. You tell me how the 2017 class is going to look.

Not sure about the OL, but we lost all 4 starters on DL, and now have lost 2 JUCO guys that were supposed to come in and start immediately. Warren will break all rushing records if he gets enough carries.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bayl...cle_0cfaf8fe-6178-52b9-8593-4024a7e2625d.html

You tell me how the 2017 class is going to look.

Don't fret. After the season starts and the on field play isn't a disaster, kids will see opportunity and commit.

Then when Aggie decommit season starts, you'll surely get a few of their flips. Sign a few local kids. And maybe a David Koresh cult member or two....and bam....a full class. Not to mention if they hire some good coach to replace Grobe at the end of the season.

OTL adding to the Hammad story. He had been reported in the fall of sexual assault of two Baylor students. He also broke a no-contact order regarding one of the girls. Hammad apparently received no discipline at that time, starting for Baylor vs Texas Tech just days after. Another example of Baylor failing to protect its students from a known sexual predator.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...-violating-university-issued-no-contact-order

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT