ADVERTISEMENT

Who all is reporting June 1st?

Per Higdon:
All of the 2015 kids have moved in minus Lampkin obviously and Clarington, Gilbert Johnson, and Ronnie Major. Kai Locksley will be in Austin on Monday as of right now. Omenihu moves in on Friday.

So, we wait on three.

From what I've heard, we should be expecting to see Clarington and Major in July.

I still haven't heard anything on Gilbert Johnson.

From what I've heard, we should be expecting to see Clarington and Major in July.

I still haven't heard anything on Gilbert Johnson.

Did clarington have to take classes this summer or is he only waiting on his transcripts to be approved?

Scout said Major has to take summer school but should be good to go in terms of enrolling in July.

Gilbert is a slim chance at best.
At least somebody has heard something... Kid has been silent! I guess he couldn't get his prep school affairs in order?

If he and Lampkin are the only 2 that don't make it in, I'm satisfied!

Alright, somebody with a SCOUT account, tell us what Chipper Brown said about our four in limbo? We know Lampkin isn't coming and Devo and Major are supposedly set on July. I'm guessing Gilbert Johnson is a no go?

Gilbert Johnson will not be a Longhorn. Who knows where Lampkin will end up. Major and Clarington looking at July arrival.

Gilbert Johnson will not be a Longhorn. Who knows where Lampkin will end up. Major and Clarington looking at July arrival.

What happened to this kid, I know he hadn't enrolled but I didn't know it was certain he wasn't coming.

What happened to this kid, I know he hadn't enrolled but I didn't know it was certain he wasn't coming.
Sounds like he wouldn't have survived had he squeaked in. He couldn't get in to UGA last year and ended up at Georgia prep. He needs to go JUCO...

I love all these tweets by the players. I think the guys I'm most excited about are those Florida boys Davante and Cecil. Can't wait to see those guys in action!

Was never concerned about Gilbert Johnson at all. With all the WRs we already have, and what we have coming next year, I doubt he would've ever seen the field anyway.

Now if Devo makes it in, that's icing on cake for me!

I'm hearing the players are really working hard right now. Some of them even stay late to do extra conditioning on their own. For example I read that Moorer told J Gray that he needed to go home for the weekend and relax because he was putting in so much extra time. No doubt J Gray is feeling that he has not accomplished enough with his time at Texas and wants to prove something. It sounds like the culture change is starting to happen. The young players are fighting for a spot and the veterans are fighting to keep theirs. This is how teams get good!

I'm hearing the players are really working hard right now. Some of them even stay late to do extra conditioning on their own. For example I read that Moorer told J Gray that he needed to go home for the weekend and relax because he was putting in so much extra time. No doubt J Gray is feeling that he has not accomplished enough with his time at Texas and wants to prove something. It sounds like the culture change is starting to happen. The young players are fighting for a spot and the veterans are fighting to keep theirs. This is how teams get good!

The attitude has changed... This first full class for Strong is hungry and they're gonna eat!

Gilbert is a very odd situation. Does the kid live at home?

There is a story up on Lampkin, Texas has until Saturday to release him from his LOI or attempt to stick with him and have him go JUCO to complete the necessary requirements if they still want him. If he's having that much difficulty and I understand because I hated taking Spanish, cut him loose and let him go play football...

Last edited:
Freeing Lampkin sets a bad precedent, but it's best to take the high road and cut him loose without penalty. He'd be a cancer in the locker room if he's ever forced to suit up in burnt orange. Give his scholly to someone who wants to be here (like Merrick). It seems this is a bit of an unusual loophole that is not likely to be exploited by future recruits, although it would be good to eliminate the possibility altogether.

He seems like a bit of a headcase, we might have dodged a bullet. Regardless, best of luck to him.

Hook 'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT