ADVERTISEMENT

Word from reliable source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookedonit

Mar 21, 2018
Ewers is struggling to pick up the offense kinda concerns me . Hopefully the light comes on soon !

It will. I have a spy that is close to the coaching staff and I’m told barring any injuries that Ewers is likely to be the starter week 1. Nothing official has been communicated to anyone so technically the competition is still open. However, the feeling around the staff is Ewers will get the first shot.

I think with NIL in play Ewers is the starter come hell or high water, too much invested. With Manning coming in and heavily invested in Malik and Card may have no shot at significant playing time unless injury occurs. I agree with whoever said Malik will probably transfer out, can’t really blame him. If Texas has to rely on Card it could get ugly imo.

I think with NIL in play Ewers is the starter come hell or high water, too much invested. With Manning coming in and heavily invested in Malik and Card may have no shot at significant playing time unless injury occurs. I agree with whoever said Malik will probably transfer out, can’t really blame him. If Texas has to rely on Card it could get ugly imo.

The coaches don’t pay NIL, nor does the school. I doubt they give a shit.

He’ll, how much longer does Baker get paid for his commercials even though he sucks. Are those companies beating down the Browns’ HC door?

Ewers is struggling to pick up the offense kinda concerns me . Hopefully the light comes on soon !
Sark’s offense is a very complex system. His first year with the Falcons in 2017 Matt Ryan struggled to pick up the playbook. If Matt struggled to pick it up I could imagine it takes time. He’s one of the smartest QBs in the NFL in his time there.

They haven’t really started doing anything yet how could anyone know if Quinn is picking up the offense yet? Lol.
Very simple, in practice it’s really easy to tell if he’s picked it up or not when they are running through drills. On top of that in film study as well.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Very simple, in practice it’s really easy to tell if he’s picked it up or not when they are running through drills. On top of that in film study as well.
That’s my point though. They haven’t really practiced. They had what 20 practices in the spring and haven’t started fall camp. It’s WAY too early to make any judgement like that.

The coaches don’t pay NIL, nor does the school. I doubt they give a shit.

He’ll, how much longer does Baker get paid for his commercials even though he sucks. Are those companies beating down the Browns’ HC door?
You think the boosters are looking at the recruiting websites and spending millions based on their evaluations without having input what the coaches think? Lol No. Nobody will say that’s what’s happening but I guarantee that’s what’s happening.

I wonder if Quinn Ewers has a sense of entitlement, an inflated view of himself although the latter might be premature.

As soon as NIL was announced Quinn Ewers decided to graduate early to heck with his teammates. He enrolls at tOSU and give him credit he negotiated a heck of deal for himself. He doesn't play a down and decides to transfer and enroll at Texas. I wonder if he knew all along that he wasn't going to beat out CJ Stroud. But now he has a lot of money. So he's been here a few months and now drives an Aston Martin. And he's done all of this at 18 years old.,

But he still hasn't played a down. We really don't know what kind of attitude he has. I have a lot of doubts about him we'll find out in September.

Reactions: Okie70
You think the boosters are looking at the recruiting websites and spending millions based on their evaluations without having input what the coaches think? Lol No. Nobody will say that’s what’s happening but I guarantee that’s what’s happening.

That’s there own damn fault. If I was coach I wouldn’t give a shit. I’m gonna play the dude I think will help us win, not who boosters paid.

That’s there own damn fault. If I was coach I wouldn’t give a shit. I’m gonna play the dude I think will help us win, not who boosters paid.
I agree with you but with NIL I think it has totally changed and you and I as fans are going to pay for it. I think the days of the best guy playing are going to take a backseat if NIL deals are in place. Hope I’m wrong but it’s all about exposure and there ain’t much exposure on the bench. I’d be all for performance based NIL deals but that makes too much sense

Reactions: weevilcatch
That’s my point though. They haven’t really practiced. They had what 20 practices in the spring and haven’t started fall camp. It’s WAY too early to make any judgement like that.
20 practices is quite a bit and plenty enough time to tell how he’s grasping the playbook.

20 practices is quite a bit and plenty enough time to tell how he’s grasping the playbook.
The dude literately just got the playbook shortly before practice started lol. Now if people start saying that in mid august might be cause for concern, but basing anything off of a few practices in spring is silly

The dude literately just got the playbook shortly before practice started lol. Now if people start saying that in mid august might be cause for concern, but basing anything off of a few practices in spring is silly
He’s been here for 6 months. You think he’s only studying the playbook in practice? I’m telling you it took Matt Ryan a whole season and a half to really learn Sark’s offense and he’s one of the smartest QBs in the NFL. Look it up and read about it. It’s not a knock that he’s having a hard time picking up on it.

If he had it nailed in 6 months, I would be concerned about Sarkisian's offense. I want to destroy the B12 on the way out so they can't talk crap later. I want an effective complicated offense that racks up tons of points on these little schools that constantly recruit us negatively.

If he had it nailed in 6 months, I would be concerned about Sarkisian's offense. I want to destroy the B12 on the way out so they can't talk crap later. I want an effective complicated offense that racks up tons of points on these little schools that constantly recruit us negatively.
We scored 35 points a game last year with a beat up QB and disgruntled WR. The system will score points.

We scored 35 points a game last year with a beat up QB and disgruntled WR. The system will score points.
Still the offense grounded to a halt in the second half of every game at lost. Go back and look at OK game.

Last edited:
I agree with you but with NIL I think it has totally changed and you and I as fans are going to pay for it. I think the days of the best guy playing are going to take a backseat if NIL deals are in place. Hope I’m wrong but it’s all about exposure and there ain’t much exposure on the bench. I’d be all for performance based NIL deals but that makes too much sense

Agreed. However, if Boosters aren’t signing performance based deals that’s their own fault. I’m sure the smart ones are covering their back end just in case.

I’m sure certain schools that want to win so badly are throwing caution to the wind without regard to consequences however.

Not really. Card was a redshirt freshman last and had no business starting. Can’t really base a whole lot on it, since it was his one and only year in Sark’s system. This year is fair game for expecting solid productivity in Card, though next year as a junior is the most ideal time for him to start, but he is our most experienced on the roster and thus should start. Hope Sark learned his lesson last year by playing a freshman at qb.

Still the grounded to a half of every game at lost. Go back and look at OK game.
Can’t decipher your post very well, but I think you are alluding to playing for only a half abd then watching the next half go to hell. Defenses made adjustment knowing the offensive line could not hold up.

Not really. Card was a redshirt freshman last and had no business starting. Can’t really base a whole lot on it, since it was his one and only year in Sark’s system. This year is fair game for expecting solid productivity in Card, though next year as a junior is the most ideal time for him to start, but he is our most experienced on the roster and thus should start. Hope Sark learned his lesson last year by playing a freshman at qb.
There’s a difference in playing a true freshman versus playing a redshirt freshman in my opinion. Colt and VY both played really well as redshirt freshman. And then you look at guys like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud who were both redshirt freshman playing at a really high level as well.

Reactions: westx
There’s a difference in playing a true freshman versus playing a redshirt freshman in my opinion. Colt and VY both played really well as redshirt freshman. And then you look at guys like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud who were both redshirt freshman playing at a really high level as well.
True, but all 4 of those guys had solid offensive lines and a defense that kept them in games

Can’t decipher your post very well, but I think you are alluding to playing for only a half abd then watching the next half go to hell. Defenses made adjustment knowing the offensive line could not hold up.
Fify 😫 what a terrible ol we had. But we just got a commit from a 4* ol Jaydon Chatman that's our 3rd ol commit for 2023. Hey we need more of those 4* ol recruits now that Arch Manning is coming.

Agreed. However, if Boosters aren’t signing performance based deals that’s their own fault. I’m sure the smart ones are covering their back end just in case.

I’m sure certain schools that want to win so badly are throwing caution to the wind without regard to consequences however.
Just for shits and giggles and to test out my NIL theory, I'll make my prediction that Ewers is the starter this year. I could be totally wrong but I just think that's how it plays out.

Ohio States defense wasn’t very good last year.
I didn’t even mention the winning momentum those teams had. Redshirts don’t usually have the star power it takes to make a perennial average team into a winner (none come to mind). I don’t know Ewers’s persona, but just by the hype, star power and a strong arm appear to be the only advantages over Card this year.

I didn’t even mention the winning momentum those teams had. Redshirts don’t usually have the star power it takes to make a perennial average team into a winner (none come to mind). I don’t know Ewers’s persona, but just by the hype, star power and a strong arm appear to be the only advantages over Card this year.
Aw c'mon man you know that ain't true. Card reminded of all the terrible qbs we had between Colt and Sam.

Aw c'mon man you know that ain't true. Card reminded of all the terrible qbs we had between Colt and Sam.
Perhaps, But, I am not going to factor in last year too much. We’ll soon see. I don’t have a horse in this qb race. I just want the best chance to win. I just happen to believe an experienced qb is better than a green qb. There doesn’t need to be a rush to put Ewers in I am as curious as anybody in how Ewers will do, but if we are building a program that is suppoesed to take time according to Sark and everybody else, then why should a freshman be trotting out as the leader of this team. We should be limiting errors not rolling dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT