ADVERTISEMENT

Word from reliable source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people have that quality and some don't. I don't see it as something you can just turn on and start doing. Everyone will see through you if you all of a sudden start being a "rah rah" guy and don't have the conviction behind it. Gain their trust and respect by doing the right things, working hard, and having integrity. Then he can lead.
for most, it can be developed. it takes time though for some. you're correct about first gaining their trust by doing things the right way.

That comes with time.
It is hard for a 18 year to even feel like a leader among 20 and 21 year old upperclassmen. Additionally, upperclassmen have a hard time being led by an 18yo who has never proven themselves or even played a game. If Eweres does something early on by either being tough like Sam or make crucial plays, that will be a moment where there will be a shift in the leadership role

Some people have that quality and some don't. I don't see it as something you can just turn on and start doing. Everyone will see through you if you all of a sudden start being a "rah rah" guy and don't have the conviction behind it. Gain their trust and respect by doing the right things, working hard, and having integrity. Then he can lead.
Look most kids look up to their dads. His dad is polished and intelligent. My guess is he’s being told to just go kick some ass and the rest will come. Don’t get caught up in the hype. VY was a quiet guy until he became a star. Colt? He’s an absolute introvert. But when he started winning, damn he was the man. Leadership will only come when he shows the team his arm and talent will win games.

Look most kids look up to their dads. His dad is polished and intelligent. My guess is he’s being told to just go kick some ass and the rest will come. Don’t get caught up in the hype. VY was a quiet guy until he became a star. Colt? He’s an absolute introvert. But when he started winning, damn he was the man. Leadership will only come when he shows the team his arm and talent will win games.
Aikman was a quiet leader that led through example. Irvin was the rah rah “get in your face” guy on that team.

I'll tell you boys what, If back in December I would have told you that Venables would get a commitment from a qb who by all accounts is much better than what Riley got for the 23' class would anyone believe me?

I'll tell you boys what, If back in December I would have told you that Venables would get a commitment from a qb who by all accounts is much better than what Riley got for the 23' class would anyone believe me?
Malachi Nelson has a higher rating than Jackson Arnold. From everything I have seen that seems to be pretty accurate as well.

Malachi Nelson has a higher rating than Jackson Arnold. From everything I have seen that seems to be pretty accurate as well.
They just went head to head and Arnold was MVP at Elite 11. Arnold is a 5 star that is going to turn some heads. Props to Venables doing his due diligence and to get in early and get him committed early

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
They just went head to head and Arnold was MVP at Elite 11. Arnold is a 5 star that is going to turn some heads. Props to Venables doing his due diligence and to get in early and get him committed early
Numerous different sites had Malachi rated better at that camp. Sports Illustrated is one.

Numerous different sites had Malachi rated better at that camp. Sports Illustrated is one.
Come on you're trying a little too hard lol, how about we go with the coaches who were actually there LOL, they ranked Arnold the MVP. Dude is coming on and OU did their homework early.

Come on you're trying a little too hard lol, how about we go with the coaches who were actually there LOL, they ranked Arnold the MVP. Dude is coming on and OU did their homework early.
Congratulations, he’s great at throwing against air. And to be honest we don’t really give a shit about OU’s recruiting. This is a Longhorn board.

Congratulations, he’s great at throwing against air. And to be honest we don’t really give a shit about OU’s recruiting. This is a Longhorn board.
Well except you do care because you stated right here on this very board that Venables wouldn’t be getting any 5 star qb’s going forward LOL. Not only did he get one, he’s better than Riley’s

Arnold's gonna light it up. I sense nervousness.

Well except you do care because you stated right here on this very board that Venables wouldn’t be getting any 5 star qb’s going forward LOL. Not only did he get one, he’s better than Riley’s
Show me where I said that. You’re never going to find where I said that. And if you want to get technical about it then Arnold is technically a 4 star according to Rivals.

Malachi Nelson is the better QB and is rated higher by every single recruiting service for a reason. After all that time you sucked Rattler off and were dead wrong you should probably leave the QB evaluations to the guys who know their stuff.

Show me where I said that. You’re never going to find where I said that. And if you want to get technical about it then Arnold is technically a 4 star according to Rivals.

Malachi Nelson is the better QB and is rated higher by every single recruiting service for a reason. After all that time you sucked Rattler off and were dead wrong you should probably leave the QB evaluations to the guys who know their stuff.
You mean after I called 2 Heismans in a row right here on this board? Guess what , your go to SI.com projected Rattler as a Heisman favorite too LOL. So are they good to use in your scenario above but not for the Rattler scenario? LOL. Come on man, pick a narrative and stick with it and yes you sure did say the days of OU getting 5 star qb's are over and you're wrong. Arnold is a 5 star and was MVP of Elite 11. It's going to be ok I promise LOL

You mean after I called 2 Heismans in a row right here on this board? Guess what , your go to SI.com projected Rattler as a Heisman favorite too LOL. So are they good to use in your scenario above but not for the Rattler scenario? LOL. Come on man, pick a narrative and stick with it and yes you sure did say the days of OU getting 5 star qb's are over and you're wrong. Arnold is a 5 star and was MVP of Elite 11. It's going to be ok I promise LOL
Not much faith in ewers and arch obviously. 😁

Arnold is a 4 star. And nobody gives 2 ****s about OU football around here. You Sooners are acting like a crazy ex GF about Lincoln Riley.
And I’ll wait for you to show me where I said that.. you’re not going to find it because I never did..

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Why does Ewers and Arch have question marks, but you’re golden boy is the next best thing?

Y’all are the quintessential fan you think everyone else is smdh
Rivalry brother, I wanna sit next to you and I'll buy all the spirits and beer. It'll be a good time. I am the ultimate host

Reactions: weevilcatch
Arnold is a 4 star. And nobody gives 2 ****s about OU football around here. You Sooners are acting like a crazy ex GF about Lincoln Riley.
And I’ll wait for you to show me where I said that.. you’re not going to find it because I never did..
Well? Whatcha got spanky?

Haha ok if you say you didn’t say then so be it but I think you and I both know the last thing you expected was for Venables to reel a 5 star in right out of the box. Arnold started out a 4 star and has been elevated to a 5. He’ll be pursued by many schools probably even USC.

Last edited:
Haha ok if you say you didn’t say then so be it but I think you and I both know the last thing you expected was for Venables to reel a 5 star in right out of the box. Arnold started out a 4 star and has been elevated to a 5. He’ll be pursued but many schools probably even USC.
Jackson will shine with Brent.

Not really. Card was a redshirt freshman last and had no business starting. Can’t really base a whole lot on it, since it was his one and only year in Sark’s system. This year is fair game for expecting solid productivity in Card, though next year as a junior is the most ideal time for him to start, but he is our most experienced on the roster and thus should start. Hope Sark learned his lesson last year by playing a freshman at qb.
This. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT