ADVERTISEMENT

Word from reliable source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the grounded to a half of every game at lost. Go back and look at OK game.
Can’t decipher your post very well, but I think you are alluding to playing for only a half abd then watching the next half go to hell. Defenses made adjustment knowing the offensive line could not hold up.

Not really. Card was a redshirt freshman last and had no business starting. Can’t really base a whole lot on it, since it was his one and only year in Sark’s system. This year is fair game for expecting solid productivity in Card, though next year as a junior is the most ideal time for him to start, but he is our most experienced on the roster and thus should start. Hope Sark learned his lesson last year by playing a freshman at qb.
There’s a difference in playing a true freshman versus playing a redshirt freshman in my opinion. Colt and VY both played really well as redshirt freshman. And then you look at guys like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud who were both redshirt freshman playing at a really high level as well.

Reactions: westx
There’s a difference in playing a true freshman versus playing a redshirt freshman in my opinion. Colt and VY both played really well as redshirt freshman. And then you look at guys like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud who were both redshirt freshman playing at a really high level as well.
True, but all 4 of those guys had solid offensive lines and a defense that kept them in games

Can’t decipher your post very well, but I think you are alluding to playing for only a half abd then watching the next half go to hell. Defenses made adjustment knowing the offensive line could not hold up.
Fify 😫 what a terrible ol we had. But we just got a commit from a 4* ol Jaydon Chatman that's our 3rd ol commit for 2023. Hey we need more of those 4* ol recruits now that Arch Manning is coming.

Agreed. However, if Boosters aren’t signing performance based deals that’s their own fault. I’m sure the smart ones are covering their back end just in case.

I’m sure certain schools that want to win so badly are throwing caution to the wind without regard to consequences however.
Just for shits and giggles and to test out my NIL theory, I'll make my prediction that Ewers is the starter this year. I could be totally wrong but I just think that's how it plays out.

Ohio States defense wasn’t very good last year.
I didn’t even mention the winning momentum those teams had. Redshirts don’t usually have the star power it takes to make a perennial average team into a winner (none come to mind). I don’t know Ewers’s persona, but just by the hype, star power and a strong arm appear to be the only advantages over Card this year.

I didn’t even mention the winning momentum those teams had. Redshirts don’t usually have the star power it takes to make a perennial average team into a winner (none come to mind). I don’t know Ewers’s persona, but just by the hype, star power and a strong arm appear to be the only advantages over Card this year.
Aw c'mon man you know that ain't true. Card reminded of all the terrible qbs we had between Colt and Sam.

Aw c'mon man you know that ain't true. Card reminded of all the terrible qbs we had between Colt and Sam.
Perhaps, But, I am not going to factor in last year too much. We’ll soon see. I don’t have a horse in this qb race. I just want the best chance to win. I just happen to believe an experienced qb is better than a green qb. There doesn’t need to be a rush to put Ewers in I am as curious as anybody in how Ewers will do, but if we are building a program that is suppoesed to take time according to Sark and everybody else, then why should a freshman be trotting out as the leader of this team. We should be limiting errors not rolling dice

It wasn’t but it was miles ahead of where we were
Not by much. We were around 420 yards per game and they were around 380. They gave up 39 tds in 13 games and we gave up 44 in 12 games. Definitely not miles ahead.

Our offense going stagnant in the second half of games was as much of an issue as the defense was.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Card played in like 2 and a half games. He was 1-1 as the starter. That’s not near enough playing time to get a read on him. It took Vince and Colt both a good 2 years for the game to really slow down for them. And that’s counting their redshirt years as well.

Card played in like 2 and a half games. He was 1-1 as the starter. That’s not near enough playing time to get a read on him. It took Vince and Colt both a good 2 years for the game to really slow down for them. And that’s counting their redshirt years as well.
No the ISU and KS games showed he doesn't have the composure. OK is one thing but he did nothing against those teams. I mean KS at home? We were the laughing stock of college fb after that game.

No the ISU and KS games showed he doesn't have the composure. OK is one thing but he did nothing against those teams. I mean KS at home? We were the laughing stock of college fb after that game.
I don’t think Card started the KU game. Nonetheless, the offense put up 56pts. PK and the defense sh^t and defiled the bed in every conceivable way. Btw, I agree that Card had a bad season last year. I somewhat expect that from a RS freshman.

I don’t think Card started the KU game. Nonetheless, the offense put up 56pts. PK and the defense sh^t and defiled the bed in every conceivable way. Btw, I agree that Card had a bad season last year. I somewhat expect that from a RS freshman.
On 3 consecutive plays he had 2 pics and a fumble. We fell behind by 21 points. Why are we the only team in the Big XII that glad trouble beating KS. I mean we're the Longhorns.

On 3 consecutive plays he had 2 pics and a fumble. We fell behind by 21 points. Why are we the only team in the Big XII that glad trouble beating KS. I mean we're the Longhorns.
No argument from me on this one. I agree. However, I didn't hear any acknowledgement on my point about our defense from you.

Ewars could run down the drag with his hair on fair and his pecker hanging out and he'd still be the starting QB in the fall.

Reactions: Hookedonit
The last game he played was that WV game and he almost brought us back but hurt his ankle on that second to last drive. It's just dumb to give up on a guy after 2 to 3 bad games in his redshirt freshman year. I think Ewers is going to win the job but I wouldn't count Card out just yet. I think you forget how much Colt really struggled his first year. He just had the luxury of having a really good defense.

A reliable source told me that the world is going to come to an end in 2026.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT