ADVERTISEMENT

100 days till the first kickoff

We are either going to be pretty good, or pretty bad.

There won't be a 7-5 season this year.

We are either going to be pretty good, or pretty bad.

There won't be a 7-5 season this year.
11-1 and thats with beating bama..we will lose one "Texas typical shoulda won that game" game.

saw this interview today Simms vs Applewhite.. I was a huuuge Applewhite fan..but hearing this kind of makes me wonder

start at 30 min

@clob94 would love to hear your feedback on this. And lets try to think of Major as the player and not the coach lol

@clob94 would love to hear your feedback on this. And lets try to think of Major as the player and not the coach lol
I wasn't there at that time- but I know (second hand) that Major rubbed a few folks the wrong way- not just Simms.
I can't speak to his work out habits- but it's obvious he wasn't pounding it out daily like Simms was.
Chris was the golden boy. He showed up day 1 in a limo. He was 6'4 with blonde hair and his dad had 2 superbowl rings. He was the #1 recruit in America. His jersey number was 1. Major was the under dog.
Chris came off as cocky- and he really wasn't. Major didn't- and he really was.
Trust me when I tell you that Major already had a reputation before Simms ever set foot on campus.

You just didn't hear about it because the media loved suckering people into the "golden child vs underdog" QB fight. It sells papers.

I wasn't there at that time- but I know (second hand) that Major rubbed a few folks the wrong way- not just Simms.
I can't speak to his work out habits- but it's obvious he wasn't pounding it out daily like Simms was.
Chris was the golden boy. He showed up day 1 in a limo. He was 6'4 with blonde hair and his dad had 2 superbowl rings. He was the #1 recruit in America. His jersey number was 1. Major was the under dog.
Chris came off as cocky- and he really wasn't. Major didn't- and he really was.
Trust me when I tell you that Major already had a reputation before Simms ever set foot on campus.

You just didn't hear about it because the media loved suckering people into the "golden child vs underdog" QB fight. It sells papers.

that's fair...i was 11 years old and at the big 12 championship that year in 2001 and absolutely HATED simms and Major was my all time fav qb at the time. Hearing things like this makes me re think alot of things. I didnt know Simms dad was so off hands on his career too! I was one of the fans who SWORE his dad had a huge influence on him starting .

27% body fat 😂

I got the impression that once he got here as an asst coach he acted like he was destined to be the next hc. And it wasn't until Charlie Strong was named hc that it finally dawned on him he wasn't going to be the next hc at TX. But Red McCombs kept pushing for him said he would replace Herman. But he got fired at Houston when he was the hc. Does anyone know what he's up to now? Was he really like this or not?

11-1 and thats with beating bama..we will lose one "Texas typical shoulda won that game" game.
11/1 is that all you got?

I'm thinking 15/0 with no game being less than 14 points. I'm thinking TX players winning every award in December. I'm taking about humiliating the SEC in the title game.

I want them thinking afterwards did we make a mistake inviting TX to the SEC?

11/1 is that all you got?

I'm thinking 15/0 with no game being less than 14 points. I'm thinking TX players winning every award in December. I'm taking about humiliating the SEC in the title game.

I want them thinking afterwards did we make a mistake inviting TX to the SEC?
well..ill tell you what my pops told me growing up....son...sh*t in one hand, hope in the other. Tell me which fills up first.

i would LOVE your scenario..but i wont be the one to put my money on that line.

27% body fat 😂

I got the impression that once he got here as an asst coach he acted like he was destined to be the next hc. And it wasn't until Charlie Strong was named hc that it finally dawned on him he wasn't going to be the next hc at TX. But Red McCombs kept pushing for him said he would replace Herman. But he got fired at Houston when he was the hc. Does anyone know what he's up to now? Was he really like this or not?
again i wanna talk about the player, not the coach. I dont like Applewhite the coach..as a kid i LOVED Applewhite the player..the general.

well..ill tell you what my pops told me growing up....son...sh*t in one hand, hope in the other. Tell me which fills up first.

i would LOVE your scenario..but i wont be the one to put my money on that line.
dude where's your sense of humor

Schedule sets up nice for a 10-11 win season. We will find out a lot about this team week 2 in Tuscaloosa. I'll make my prediction after I see them in that game. It's Big 12 championship or bust this year for me. If Sark can't do it this year with this team then I truly just don't think he's the guy.

I really think the defense is going to be one of the better defenses we have had since that last national championship year. I think we got potentially 5-6 guys on that side of the ball that could get drafted next year. Watts, Barron, Murphy, Sweat, and Ford. Could also see Sorrell and Catalon having a big year and working their way into a draft pick.

This team has more NFL potential than any roster I can remember since maybe the 05 national championship team.

again i wanna talk about the player, not the coach. I dont like Applewhite the coach..as a kid i LOVED Applewhite the player..the general.
He had a good head for the game and a sh!t arm. He had good touch, decent accuracy, threw a half way decent, albeit fluffy, deep ball. But he couldn't stand on it and throw a vapor.

He had a good head for the game and a sh!t arm. He had good touch, decent accuracy, threw a half way decent, albeit fluffy, deep ball. But he couldn't stand on it and throw a vapor.
I think he became my favorite after the Halloween Nebraska game. I didn't however know a lot about Simms. Thought the kid was a cocky a**hole but I'm hearing different latley.

Schedule sets up nice for a 10-11 win season. We will find out a lot about this team week 2 in Tuscaloosa. I'll make my prediction after I see them in that game. It's Big 12 championship or bust this year for me. If Sark can't do it this year with this team then I truly just don't think he's the guy.

I really think the defense is going to be one of the better defenses we have had since that last national championship year. I think we got potentially 5-6 guys on that side of the ball that could get drafted next year. Watts, Barron, Murphy, Sweat, and Ford. Could also see Sorrell and Catalon having a big year and working their way into a draft pick.

This team has more NFL potential than any roster I can remember since maybe the 05 national championship team.
Definitely agree. Big 12 or bust. Big 12 championship and Sark gets at least 2 more years before he hears hot seat again.

I liked Applewhite. I loved seeing him throw the long all. He threw the slowest long all I ever saw. It was like I would stare, amazed that it stayed in the air.

And a student manager.
That is so conceited, thoughtless, and inexcusable.

I mean his wife was back in Austin pregnant and gave birth a few days later.

In my book that makes him an as*hole.

I heard that Jamal, and a few others had to pull some strings to get that story buried.

That is so conceited, thoughtless, and inexcusable.

I mean his wife was back in Austin pregnant and gave birth a few days later.

In my book that makes him an as*hole.

I heard that Jamal, and a few others had to pull some strings to get that story buried.
And yet- it didn't get buried.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT