ADVERTISEMENT

12 Team Playoff Approved

Looks like the committee just approved a 12 team playoff. I think this is great for the sport. Should keep kids from opting out if their teams make the playoff. Looks like it starts in 2026.

Reactions: freeper
Some of those "champs" are really chumps. Football and basketball are different. How are they going to decide on the 6 at large and how are they going to rank the teams? No committees, please.

Some of those "champs" are really chumps. Football and basketball are different. How are they going to decide on the 6 at large and how are they going to rank the teams? No committees, please.
I agree but having a 12 team playoff will still be better than a bunch of bowl games that really don’t mean anything so I’m all for it.

my only question is why are they waiting till 2026. You don’t have to. Get everyone on board and do it in 2023. Don’t understand why in society in general we put change off as long as possible lol

6 highest ranked conference champs and 6 at large bids.
I like the 6 highest ranked conference champs, but I would prefer 8 teams and only 2 at large bids. They are going to have to have Bye's if it is a 12 team format, right?
For reference, here are the D1 Conferences:
American
ACC
Big 12
Big10
C-USA-1 of the 4 conferences unlikely to ever get invited
Mid-American-1 of the 4 conferences unlikely to ever get invited
Mountain West-1 of the 4 conferences unlikely to ever get invited
Pac 12
SEC
Sun Belt-1 of the 4 conferences unlikely to ever get invited

Independents are not a conference (Army, BYU, Liberty, NMSU, NotreDame, UCONN, UMASS)

Last edited:
Fbr-Tqbb-WIAYw2-Ve.png

The reason I don't want a committee, is the many times we have been screwed by individuals harboring tons of butthurt against UT Austin. RC Slocum was recently on the committee. Would you want that turd in charge of our post season?

When it comes to at large teams I'd be the perfect choice to decide to who goes and who stays home.

I don't have a complex plan. With the exception of TX I will make it next to impossible for the SEC to get an at large birth.

Also the tOSU, and ND. If they lose at least 1 game they're out. I don't care if it's the defending SB champion they're still out.

No auto bids at all.

There will be, but there shouldn't be
Eh. You aren’t going to run in to too many situations where one of the 6 conference champions isn’t one of the top 12 teams in the country. It may happen but it isn’t likely to be common.

Yeah, I for one think all conferences should be included. Cfb has shit the bed in this regard and done a disservice for the sport. Fan support has been substituted for network support. Only a matter of time. 😉

I knew it would be 8 to 12. I figured 8.

I guess there's more money in 12. The first round bye is bullsh!t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT