ADVERTISEMENT

16 pt underdogs, Go for 2?

hookem777

Dec 13, 2011
Is there anyone else who wanted to go for 2 in the first OT? Idk about anyone else but on the road Freshman QB, 16 point dogs and offense that didnt deserve to be in OT. I go for it. Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
Unless we don't make it then you say we should have kicked the extra point.

Not true at all. I would have rather loss trying to go for the win. But Thanks for that beautiful input.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I would've went for 2. If you make it, everyone would be happy and juiced. If you didn't make it, everyone would've been happy because we wasn't supposed to be that close. Let them balls hang and show them. I would have had a lot of respect for Herman if he did. I would be saying, "he's not a scary man".

Reactions: hookem777
I would have started the game with an on sides kick. How is that for being a big underdog?

Reactions: hookem777
Going for 2 in a hostile environment, on the road, with a "meh" kicker, as a huge underdog, was our best shot.

I have a bar full of witnesses to me literally standing up on a table screaming "go for fvcking 2 Tommy!".

We had just pounded it into the end zone, they were demoralized. Take the kill shot.

Going for 2 in a hostile environment, on the road, with a "meh" kicker, as a huge underdog, was our best shot.

I have a bar full of witnesses to me literally standing up on a table screaming "go for fvcking 2 Tommy!".

We had just pounded it into the end zone, they were demoralized. Take the kill shot.
Before Mack and VY beat the Trojans in 2006, the biggest game in UT history was the Big Shootout in 1969. My sophomore year at UT. DKR's decision to go for 2 with the 1st touchdown was the game winner.

I didn't think it at the time. But in hindsight we should have gone for 2. Our offense was much less likely to score than theirs. The issue is what play? The TD call to Brewer was inspired but i didn't see many other inspired calls in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT