ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

We do not need unrealistic rumors intended purely to mess with the heads of horns fans and potentially impact perception of the program.

Reminds me of the Tellus/Perriloux recruitment.
What the hell are you talking about?! This is no rumor this is confirmed the kid is enrolling in Austin first part of next week. Take your negative BS somewhere else!!

Reactions: Oldmanastro
What the hell are you talking about?! This is no rumor this is confirmed the kid is enrolling in Austin first part of next week. Take your negative BS somewhere else!!

I wouldn't be that hard on him. The only supporting evidence of the $9.95 rumors on this was the lack of denials by USC or the McCoy family.

We were already at 5 as of this morning. We were at 8 before that.
The aggys are losing their minds over Texas’ recruiting rankings. Loogie has even gone public with a conspiracy theory.

After Texas’ curbstomp of Georgia and top 10 finish dropping a turd on them, now they don’t even have a better recruiting class. It’s killing them, they can’t take it.

I don't know why it's so hard for aggies to understand that it's not whether they finish ahead of TX in recruiting rankings that matter. We don't even play each other anymore and they still can't understand that. What they should be asking themselves is do we have a good enough class to beat Alabama? But I gotta admit it's fun watching themselves complain about something so useless.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Well they won’t win a title of any sort and they refuse to play us on the field so puffing their sizzle chests out is all they had. And now we’ve taken that from them.

We also took their SEC narrative from them when we ran over Georgia.

I don't know why it's so hard for aggies to understand that it's not whether they finish ahead of TX in recruiting rankings that matter. We don't even play each other anymore and they still can't understand that. What they should be asking themselves is do we have a good enough class to beat Alabama? But I gotta admit it's fun watching themselves complain about something so useless.

We won 10 games and beat up the SEC's #2 team in the Sugar Bowl in the process. Recruiting rankings is all they have left for their claims of superiority.

you can look at the transfer portal and clearly see Bru McCoy listed.....thats no rumor.

I noticed that. The 247’s ranking still show Owens as a 4*, even though they’ve run the story about him getting bumped to 5*

the 247 composit has Owens listed as 4 star, but the 247 ranking has him at 5 star. The composit includes rivals nd one other. Even so, the 247 bump increases the composit score......thats what got us up to # 5

I noticed that. The 247’s ranking still show Owens as a 4*, even though they’ve run the story about him getting bumped to 5*

247 made him a five-star in their own rankings, but that wasn't enough to move him up in the composite since ESPN's garbage rankings don't even have him in the top 300.

Reactions: txleapd
Is Shephard leaving? Anybody know?
He’s been an aggy for a while. His street agent Footwork King is just pimping him out nonstop before the gravy train ends. Those 2 are visiting both Bama and Georgia this weekend presumably to both collect visit fees as well as up their signing bonus from Jimbo and his bag hag Meemaw.

Up to #3. Wow, aggy is having a fit.....

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3017331
I just went over to the Faggies board for some comedy and they are wondering how we moved 6 spots overnight! They said we are setting ourselves up with all this elite talent just to be letdown next year=)roll. Wow I can not take how stupid those Aggies are over on that page! They are so delusional that we past them up in the recruiting rankings and it’s eating them up. So now all the guys we have signed are all gonna be busts according to them!

Reactions: HornsRuleU
Let me take a wild guess......"its not fair Jumbo dominated in state and TEXAS had the audacity to go out of state to get recruits"

"Rankings are inflated and rigged......unless they have aggy in top 5"

"How is this even possible.....aggy won a big bowl game and only lost to the top teams in college football"

The funniest part is......if this was happening and Bru Mccoy was going to aggy.....all would be fine.

Aggy is biggest bunch of hypocrites in college sports......period.

I stand by my post given the information we had at that time, the track record of recruiting services to overhype situations. And the growing number of trolls trying to create mischief.

From one of the few posters on this forum who actually paid to go to the Sugar Bowl...OK Cool. Hook'em.

Let me take a wild guess......"its not fair Jumbo dominated in state and TEXAS had the audacity to go out of state to get recruits"

"Rankings are inflated and rigged......unless they have aggy in top 5"

"How is this even possible.....aggy won a big bowl game and only lost to the top teams in college football"

The funniest part is......if this was happening and Bru Mccoy was going to aggy.....all would be fine.

Aggy is biggest bunch of hypocrites in college sports......period.

We only have 4 more OOS recruits, for 2019, than aggy.

Bell....it pains me to say that I always think OU has absurd WR's....even when I have never heard of them. I am concerned as to how damned good ya'lls guys are when I have heard of them.

Every team in the Big 12 has great receivers or good ones that play in offenses that make them look great. I like the fact that Texas will have 7 5'star level Dbs to trot out there to counter all those great receivers. I'll take that any day of the week. Hopefully we can get our pass rush to equal our defensive backfield.

Every team in the Big 12 has great receivers or good ones that play in offenses that make them look great. I like the fact that Texas will have 7 5'star level Dbs to trot out there to counter all those great receivers. I'll take that any day of the week. Hopefully we can get our pass rush to equal our defensive backfield.
Once our young corners get a little game experience our secondary is going to be maybe one of the best secondaries in the history of Longhorn football. Jones coming back is a big plus. I like how Herman is bringing in big physical guys in the secondary.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I'd be fine if Texas dropped Shepherd. Kid seems insincere and a primadonna. I don't recall his name, but he reminds me of the highly recruited O-lineman several years back from Texas that went to KSU after yanking the chains of about half a dozen schools, only to flame out and do nothing at KSU.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I'd be fine if Texas dropped Shepherd. Kid seems insincere and a primadonna. I don't recall his name, but he reminds me of the highly recruited O-lineman several years back from Texas that went to KSU after yanking the chains of about half a dozen schools, only to flame out and do nothing at KSU.

Isn't this the same guy who got kicked off his HS team? Why are we even allowing him to be verbally committed to Texas?

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

Didn't we have a Shepard at one time trying to string us along and wound up going to LSU or Colorado, I think some team got his Momma a Bank job or something MM, I can remember the name maybe Darrell Shepard? but, its been a while too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT