ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

Isn't this the same guy who got kicked off his HS team? Why are we even allowing him to be verbally committed to Texas?
Likely because the recruiting sites thrive on conflict and drama. A Huge late 'steal' by A&M is exactly what CBS(247sports) and ESPN will want to talk about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
I don't know if this is place to post this or not, but wasn't there a USC poster on here a few days ago? I've got a couple of questions for that poster if anyone can remember/find the username

Isn't this the same guy who got kicked off his HS team? Why are we even allowing him to be verbally committed to Texas?
Because he is the most talented OL in the state this year. Not the highest rated or best player, but the most talented. Look at the 4 schools he is jerking around: Alabama, Georgia, A&M, and Texas. These 4 teams have the highest rated classes in the country and all 4 are willing to put up with his BS for the same reason. If they thought he was actually the 40th best player in Texas and pulled this crap, he would go to Tech or Okie State. Coaches are better at talent evaluation than internet jock sniffers, and the coaches who are getting whoever they want, all want Shepherd enough to be jerked around. Seems obvious to me.

Reactions: BOLIO
Because he is the most talented OL in the state this year. Not the highest rated or best player, but the most talented. Look at the 4 schools he is jerking around: Alabama, Georgia, A&M, and Texas. These 4 teams have the highest rated classes in the country and all 4 are willing to put up with his BS for the same reason. If they thought he was actually the 40th best player in Texas and pulled this crap, he would go to Tech or Okie State. Coaches are better at talent evaluation than internet jock sniffers, and the coaches who are getting whoever they want, all want Shepherd enough to be jerked around. Seems obvious to me.

Of course aggy sees no issue with recruiting punk ass thugs. Quite frankly, I'm disappointed that Herman hasn't told this POS to kick rocks. We don't need a locker room cancer.

Of course aggy sees no issue with recruiting punk ass thugs. Quite frankly, I'm disappointed that Herman hasn't told this POS to kick rocks. We don't need a locker room cancer.
I just think Herman, Jimbo, Kirby, & Saban are good at their jobs. If I thought they were all stupid, I'd change my opinion. Shepherd seems to have high bust potential & has a handler, so if all 4 guys are fighting like hell with almost no spots left. It tells me they think his upside is thru the roof.

I just think Herman, Jimbo, Kirby, & Saban are good at their jobs. If I thought they were all stupid, I'd change my opinion. Shepherd seems to have high bust potential & has a handler, so if all 4 guys are fighting like hell with almost no spots left. It tells me they think his upside is thru the roof.

No surprise at all Jimbo and Saban would fight over him. They're sleezeballs, that's what they do. Hell they don't care if a player can't read. Was hoping Herman wouldn't go down that sleezy path.

Reactions: Scholz
Shepherd is just enjoying the process. He is a kid. The EXACT same hand wringing went on last year with Coburn and who here does not want that guy on our team????

Reactions: q1w2e3
New graduate transfer name to watch: OL Parker Braun from Georgia Tech. Was first team All-ACC this past year and played in 32 consecutive games for Tech. Texas is already in touch
I saw this tweet yesterday or the day before and I don't know why but I assumed it was basketball related. Didn't see the "OL" portion included

I saw this tweet yesterday or the day before and I don't know why but I assumed it was basketball related. Didn't see the "OL" portion included
All OL graduate transfers Texas has been in contact with:

Parker Braun (Georgia Tech)

Drew Richmond (Tennessee)

RJ Proctor (Virginia)

Justin Murphy (UCLA/Texas Tech)

Shepherd is just enjoying the process. He is a kid. The EXACT same hand wringing went on last year with Coburn and who here does not want that guy on our team????

Coburn didn't get kicked off his HS team.

So, I'm reading Shepherd's family has had a falling out with the FWK and JS has pretty well scrubbed the FWK from his social media.

It will interesting to see if it is true or just a ploy to make the expected flip seem real.

All OL graduate transfers Texas has been in contact with:

Parker Braun (Georgia Tech)

Drew Richmond (Tennessee)

RJ Proctor (Virginia)

Justin Murphy (UCLA/Texas Tech)

Just from the interviews, I think we have a solid chance of landing either Braun or Proctor, maybe both. I personally would like us to get 2 GTs this cycle. We are really thin right now and even if we keep Shepherd, we still need a couple more guys.

Reactions: Scholz
Order of importance of providing immediate impact:
1 Braun
2 (theres actually a grad transfer from rutgers who isn't listed above, don't know his name and i dont know if we have a shot at him)
3 Proctor
4 Richmond or Murphy

But apparently he is a very respected trainer. He trains quiet a few NFL guys during the offseason. The knowledge and instruction has never been the issue with FWK, its always been the motives.

Apparently he has an undiagnosed medical condition and had a stroke this morning which resulted in blood clot-removal surgery. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery from the Longhorn Nation.

He is fortunate to be alive, who cares about football when his life is at stake. I know Texas will do the right thing and honor his scholarship no matter what.

New graduate transfer name to watch: OL Parker Braun from Georgia Tech. Was first team All-ACC this past year and played in 32 consecutive games for Tech. Texas is already in touch

https://247sports.com/Player/Parker-Braun-78619/
  • Herb Hand called Braun within an hour after seeing Parker's name in the portal. "I'll fly to Atlanta this weekend. Let's get together." Hand wasting no time tells you a lot about how they view Parker.
  • It's been conveyed to Braun that Texas is just a guard away. Just one, huh? That's a good sign.
  • It's pretty much a two-horse race between UT and UF, with Braun's parents seemingly more excited about Texas. Braun's dad, a hard-nosed old school o-line coach, is very impressed with Herman beating OU at U of H and at UT. There is already some familiarity with Herman as the Braun's visited U of H while living in Hallsville. They already like Herman from that meeting. Warehime, from his time as U of H's o-line coach, actually put in a good word for Parker to Hand.
  • The Florida visit this weekend is more of a unofficial visit for Josh, Parker's talented brother in the 2020 class. Florida is pushing P. Braun on the chance to play center. They've told him they need his intelligence and motor. Parker will be paying close attention to their OL coach and S&C coach. Dad knows about the OL coach, John Hevesy, from Parker's and his eldest brother Trey's recruitment by Auburn. He'll likely take a Florida official visit but if Texas blows him away UF likely won't be able to out-maneuver the Horns.
  • Miami has been mentioned in passing but the feeling is if they're going to jump on an airplane it might as well be to Austin.
  • The UT visit is indeed Feb 15th. Josh won't make it due to a scholastic event, the Braun's would have to pay his travel expenses, but if UT lands Parker, expect them to make a run at his highly rated younger brother.
  • Parker's Masters will be in History and Anthropology.
So, this one escalated pretty quickly. Things are shaping up well for Texas to land Parker, though it isn't quite a done deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT