ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting

Very disappointed that we could not get these guys. Do not know all the back story, but sounds absolutely horrible. If this season is canceled, wonder what Del Conte has in mind.
How many more years are we going to allow the best talent in Texas leave the state?

Wasn't it just 2 years ago we got like 9 out of the top 10 players in the state?

It is like saying, did we not win the championship in 2006.... we should give others a chance...
Freaking defeatist attitude...

Indeed, my interest is waning as well. Bama is now the Liverpool, Manchester United, Gunners, and Spurs all wrapped into one atop of cfb. Sad. We were one stinger away from greatness. (Colt) That play launched bama to what it is today. We have been crashing ever since.

Im still sore at calling speed option at the 10. Greg freaking Davis

Speaking of recruiting....is Texas in the running for that one offensive lineman that goes by the nickname”mountain”?

If you're gonna use that as an ageist diss, then it's "Ok, Boomer". Othewise, it's just a generic slam...
tenor.gif

When is the last time the bama/ Clemson/osu use that excuse?

Since it was deleted, I'll just reiterate that the players that constitute those 9 out of top 10 players in the state are set to be juniors this coming season. Definitely not living in the past. Would it be nice to get that every year? Sure.

Brockermeyer's just committed to Bama. Major fail by Herman. Saban just rubbed his nuts all over Herman and made him his bitch today. Maybe he can focus more on protesting and "meaningful change" now since that's what he would rather do anyway. This is why Texas will not win anything going forward. Austin has gotten too political and now the only players that UT attracts want to do is sing kumbaya and educate the world on twitter of all the things they think they learn on facebook. The serious players go somewhere else.

I think Donovan Jackson is a better prospect than Brockermeyer. He’s 6’4 310 with a 6’11 wingspan and runs a verified 4.6 shuttle. You don’t see 17 year olds with that size/athleticism often. 247 has Jackson ranked higher and at #6 overall regardless of position. We’ll see how their careers turn out but I would bet Jackson is drafted higher around 45 months from now.

I think Donovan Jackson is a better prospect than Brockermeyer. He’s 6’4 310 with a 6’11 wingspan and runs a verified 4.6 shuttle. You don’t see 17 year olds with that size/athleticism often. 247 has Jackson ranked higher and at #6 overall regardless of position. We’ll see how their careers turn out but I would bet Jackson is drafted higher around 45 months from now.

And he's going to Ohio State. 2 absolute studs Olinemen from Texas this year and neither are going to play college football in Texas.

Sounds like this TE is a real nice sleeper pick up for us. Evidently Ohio State was coming on strong for him. I like he will have time to develop before we need him to contribute. I want kids whose best game is ahead of them not ones that have already peaked out.

I think Texas takes 7 more players in this cycle.

1 RB - LJ Johnson or Comar Wheaton
1 Wr - Too many to determine
3 OL - Again too many to determine right now
1 LB - Terrence Cook
1 Other, Throwing this out there for a position we weren't expecting to commit.
Maybe 1 more DB but for now I think we are pat with 3 guys we got plus Billy Bowman

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
What about that Junior one eye lineman from San Angelo State? He is like 6'2" and weighs 245/LBS. Big Guy is what they call him.

That's what she said.

ADVERTISEMENT