ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Rd 1 QBs

RLong68

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2008
Too lazy to confirm but pretty sure I’ve never seen 3 QBs go in the first 4 picks. Even the vaunted ‘83 class only had 2 go in the first 13 picks. So pretty obvious Younb, Stroud and Richardson will be compared continuously through their careers particularly the first 5. That being said, it should make for worthy discussion. What are your career projections for the 3?

First thought is I have zero doubt Young will be the cream of crop when all is said and done. He’s already got the most important things needed for an elite NFL QB. Here goes:

Young. All in. He will be Carolina’s franchise QB. I liken him to Drew Brees.

Stroud. Tepid at best. Leery of tOSU QBs and now he’s headed for a crap organization. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is a backup somewhere when rookie deal is done.

Richardson. Profiles as a best. Maybe he’ll be the one extremely inexperienced and extremely raw QB who grows well into a player worthy of 4th pick. But I seriously doubt it. Sort like Brad Pitt in Moneyball when he questions the logic of a mediocre batter improving when he gets to the bigs. We’ll see how much patience Indy has for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News