ADVERTISEMENT

3-4 Defense

I'd say being in the running for the league title with two weeks left in the season isn't too shabby.

Don't understand how you lost to the Terrapins. Living in Big Ten territory (Eastern Iowa), ISU fans get that thrown in our face regularly.

Funny thing about that.... we would beat Iowa pretty handily. This team is hard to figure out sometimes.

ISU was, I think, the first conference team to go all in for the 3-man front, did it last year. It has worked well. Sacked Grier 7 times this year.
ISU can run side to side. They are fast with their LBs which is what this scheme requires.

I've stated this before BUT it depends on who we play. ISU was an ideal team to play because they focus more on the run. So we can blitz a lot more. Passing teams are a different story. We have to protect our back sides. So less blitzing. We will work KU as well because they like to run

Reactions: Metcalf #2
well ... I did see some 3 D-man fronts … but mostly I saw 4 (or more) … I do not care how they got here … having more than a 3-man D Front is better for us right now

I've stated this before BUT it depends on who we play. ISU was an ideal team to play because they focus more on the run. So we can blitz a lot more. Passing teams are a different story. We have to protect our back sides. So less blitzing. We will work KU as well because they like to run

It's the Mike Leach air raid teams that kill us. Especially on the road when we have no "loud" fan support to disrupt signals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT