5 Players that have Overperformed/Performed on their Level/Underperformed

walk-on horn

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2003
DFW
Here are 5 Players that have overperformed:
LT Kelvin Banks - He came into the season as an All American candidate and likely first round pick in the 2025 NFL Draft. He has actually been better than he was projected.
LB Anthony Hill Jr. - Every time someone talks about him the word "violent" is mentioned within the first three sentences. That says all I need to know.
TE Gunnar Helm - Texas' Swiss Army knife has done some of everything and does it all well, including leading.
DT Jermayne Lole - of the incoming transfer portal candidates, he was talked about the least. But he has played well. He seems to know his role and perform it well.
DE Colin Simmons - He is turning into that pass rushing dynamo we have been missing since Orakpo. And it has taken him all of five games.

5 Players that Performed at their Level:
CR Jake Majors - He is has having his best season yet. He seems to be blocking well in pass pro and run blocking. He pulls well too. There have been few pass pro breakdowns. That speaks to him.
CB Manny Muhammad - I think he has been air tight in pass coverage. The only thing keeping him from the top group is teams aren't throwing at him.
DE Barryn Sorrell - Very Steady Edddy as a defensive end. He excels in setting the edge against the run. He still needs to get to the QB more frequently.
WR Matthew Golden - When I watch him play he seems like the perfect complement to Bond. Golden seems to be an elite route runner and has very good hands.
QB Quinn Ewers - Through the first two games he was the epitome of in control and efficiency and effectiveness. He was the music conductor. Once he gets well he will likely be #1 in the top group.

5 Players that have Underperformed:
DE Justice Finkley - I love the person and young man he is. He plans to be a doctor. I believe it. But he hasn't made an impact to date.
DT Sydir Mitchell - There seems to be some things going on behind the scenes. It isn't happening for him on the field.
PR Silas Bolden - As a punt returner, he is trying too hard. He is not letting the game come to him. He has made some risky decisions.
DE Trey Moore - "Stats are like a bikini. They show you a lot but don't give you the complete picture." But he has 9 total tackles, 0 TFLs, and 0 sacks in 5 games. Ouch.
RB Jaydon Blue - It is not just the two fumbles. He has had some drops. And has run some poor routes. He has had one good game out of four games.

Reactions: Frank Pentangeli

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.