ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

Of course he wasn't...they hadn't seen the tape until recently. Mr. I PUT DBs in the NFL John "HIGH CHEIF" Chavis evaluated early, offered early and secured his commitment early...while still in the top 2 for Monroe, Greedy, and CJ Morgan Walker, we offered Cuffee after Oliver committed. The film is apparent that the kid is a freaking stud, regardless of who, what when are where the offer came from.

aggy gonna aggy, you sound exactly like you guys did with DCS last year. I can't take you guys seriously.

Monroe is a safety, Greedy was always headed to LSU, CJ Morgan Walker was always headed to Miss State or OU, and Cuffee is a TCU/Texas/Baylor battle. So thanks for posting all that irrelevant info on why you offered Oliver early.

You're wrong on this. Its ok its your opinion. You don't offer fall backs in the spring.
To be honest, pooch (which is what you were striving for, yes?), Strong has a different recruiting approach than your coach. Strong offers kids to create a pool of players from which to choose from later after he's had them on campus and met their parents and gotten assurances the kid is secure in his decision. He encourages them to visit other places first. But if he sees a kid who's worth an offer, he'll offer. He doesn't sweat out H2H stats and try to only offer kids who he knows will say yes like some. He's not insecure. And if you don't think he has a pecking order at every single position he's recruiting, then you're the one who's dead wrong.

aggy gonna aggy, you sound exactly like you guys did with DCS last year. I can't take you guys seriously.

Monroe is a safety, Greedy was always headed to LSU, CJ Morgan Walker was always headed to Miss State or OU, and Cuffee is a TCU/Texas/Baylor battle. So thanks for posting all that irrelevant info on why you offered Oliver early.

Lol, dude you have no clue.

To be honest, pooch (which is what you were striving for, yes?), Strong has a different recruiting approach than your coach. Strong offers kids to create a pool of players from which to choose later after he's had them on campus and met their parents and gotten assurances the kid is secure in his decision. He encourages them to visit other places first. But if he sees a kid who's worth an offer, he'll offer. He doesn't sweat out H2H stats and try to only offer kids who he knows will say yes like some. He's not insecure. And if you don't think he has a pecking order at every single position he's recruiting, then you're the one who's dead wrong.

It's going to take years before they get it... To dense to see what he has always done....

Lol, dude you have no clue.

Nice response. Maybe you offered Oliver early because you didn't think you had a shot with the guys you just listed? Seems like something Sumlin would do. I mean A&M has been killing it CB recruiting, I'm sure Sumlin can just get anybody he wants in they eyes of aggys.

Nice response. Maybe you offered Oliver early because you didn't think you had a shot with the guys you just listed? Seems like something Sumlin would do. I mean A&M has been killing it CB recruiting, I'm sure Sumlin can just get anybody he wants in they eyes of aggys.

14 offers at CB, Oliver jumps on the first big time offer he gets...

To be honest, pooch (which is what you were striving for, yes?), Strong has a different recruiting approach than your coach. Strong offers kids to create a pool of players from which to choose later after he's had them on campus and met their parents and gotten assurances the kid is secure in his decision. He encourages them to visit other places first. But if he sees a kid who's worth an offer, he'll offer. He doesn't sweat out H2H stats and try to only offer kids who he knows will say yes like some. He's not insecure. And if you don't think he has a pecking order at every single position he's recruiting, then you're the one who's dead wrong.

Fair post im just not sure where you get that his approach is differnt then ours, we have spread a wide net on our offers and have created a large pool of offers. We aren't offering kids who will only commit right away. I love our approach this year. The head to head thing has not been brought up this year and if definitley had nothing to do with Oliver as you guys hadn't even offered him when he committed. My post is about the ridiculousness of what kind of prospect he is just because you guys were more then likely late on the evaluation. The tape shows all, regardless of who has offered and when he was offered. Like i've said beofre, Strong does a very good job in my opinion of identifying talent and developing it specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't think it's a function of their lack of intelligence but rather one of honesty.

Honesty would intel you guys actually acknowledging Chavis knows what he is looking for in a DB and that nobody has developed better or put more in the NFL then that guy over the last few years. I don't need your validation I just find it funny that you bring up honesty.

... im just not sure where you get that his approach is differnt then ours...We aren't offering kids who will only commit right away...
A) Pushing for early commits is way different than Strong's approach.
B) Avoiding offering kids who DJ Insecure doesn't feel confident about landing. Strong doesn't care.

Fair post im just not sure where you get that his approach is differnt then ours, we have spread a wide net on our offers and have created a large pool of offers. We aren't offering kids who will only commit right away. I love our approach this year. The head to head thing has not been brought up this year and if definitley had nothing to do with Oliver as you guys hadn't even offered him when he committed. My post is about the ridiculousness of what kind of prospect he is just because you guys were more then likely late on the evaluation. The tape shows all, regardless of who has offered and when he was offered. Like i've said beofre, Strong does a very good job in my opinion of identifying talent and developing it specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

Sumlin and Strong are polar opposites in recruiting.

I don't need your validation I just find it funny that you bring up honesty.
Your constant presence on this board says otherwise.

Your consistent misrepresentation of Strong's recruiting methodology is not honest.

Is he taking Texas's calls? Or has he been repoted by Horn sites as solid to us?

Probably is solid to A&M. He's a back up plan for Texas and Baylor is his only other decent offer who is in on Cuffee and Cobb.

A) Pushing for early commits is way different than Strong's approach.
B) Avoiding offering kids who DJ Insecure doesn't feel confident about landing. Strong doesn't care.

Lol dude look at our offers, we aren't concerned with kids we can't land. Its obsured.

Did he take the phone call for the offer?

Yep and probably informed then he's solid. Im pretty sure you guys didn't call and say hey we're offering but we don't want you to visit, commit or misunderstand this as actual interest in you as a player.

Lol dude look at our offers, we aren't concerned with kids we can't land. Its obsured.

You sound exactly like Taylor Hamm, I can't stop laughing. You live in your little aggy bubble where you think every aggy commit is the second coming of jesus christ.

Yep and probably informed then he's solid. Im pretty sure you guys didn't call and say hey we're offering but we don't want you to visit, commit or misunderstand this as actual interest in you as a player.

You have no clue how recruiting works. Especially how Strong recruits. You should probably just sit this one out before you embarrass yourself some more.

Probably is solid to A&M. He's a back up plan for Texas and Baylor is his only other decent offer who is in on Cuffee and Cobb.

Well wouldn't you say since Cobb and Cuffee are reportedly leaning to Baylor then its time to start pushing for your "backup" offers?

You sound exactly like Taylor Hamm, I can't stop laughing. You live in your little aggy bubble where you think every aggy commit is the second coming of jesus christ.

Sure we'll go with that if it makes you feel better.

Well wouldn't you say since Cobb and Cuffee are reportedly leaning to Baylor then its time to start pushing for your "backup" offers?

Are those the only 2 CBs I listed? Another point on how you have no clue how Strong recruits. Strong doesn't care where a player is leaning right now, all he cares about is where a player signs on NSD.

So, we're speculating why he was offered, when he was offered and what he said on the telephone.....give it up dude, it's June 3rd.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT