ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

Well wouldn't you say since Cobb and Cuffee are reportedly leaning to Baylor then its time to start pushing for your "backup" offers?
At this point last year, Kris Boyd was an overwhelming aggy lean. You aggys were going to lock down both him and Holton Hill. And Kendall Sheffield. And Deionte Thompson. How'd that work out again? Strong sure got the CBs he was after in the end.

At this point last year, Kris Boyd was an overwhelming aggy lean. You aggys were going to lock down both him and Holton Hill. And Kendall Sheffield. And Deionte Thompson. How'd that work out again? Strong sure got the CBs he was after in the end.

They got a 5.09 40 corner though. Home run.

With an electrifying 9 offers or was it 5... and was awarded Mr football for playing QB. He's a 3* monster prospect at what?

He was in LSU's back yard and they didn't offer him. According to Pooch Chavis is some type of DB recruiting god, so that must mean DCS is terrible by his own logic.

Reactions: TexExSpur

I still think Strong got a first year at Texas bump. That's it. I think the supposed give them time approach Strong uses will hurt him this season if this season makes him a 500 coach after two seasons at Texas. I also think Houston is experiencing the bump right now. I think the Houston hype will hold more of the commits than people think.

I still think Strong got a first year at Texas bump. That's it. I think the supposed give them time approach Strong uses will hurt him this season if this season makes him a 500 coach after two seasons at Texas.
So applying that logic, DJ No Titles has gone from 5th to 7th to 9th in conference finishes in successive years. When do you think aggy football recruiting is going to start dipping if you don't win anything in year 4? Or do aggys never have repurcussions from being middle of the pack year after year? Just point to the conference you're in?

They have to believe that , otherwise they know they're in trouble down the road...

Haha, whatever you guys say. Im not getting dragged into an argument that is surely to get me banned. The facts are that Sumlin gets who he wants when up against Strong and you can't say the same. Its overwhelming and the trend is on the same path this recruiting cycle. We don't have to take backup offers in the spring.

The facts are that Sumlin gets who he wants when up against Strong and you can't say the same.
More ridiculous aggy dishonesty. Malik, Kris, Holton and Chris Warren say hi. Most of your H2H wins last year were committed before Strong even got here.

pooch, don't ever ask for Longhorns to be honest in a self righteous way again. You've lost that privilege.

More ridiculous aggy dishonesty. Malik, Kris, Holton and Chris Warren say hi. Most of your H2H wins last year were committed before Strong even got here.

pooch, don't ever ask for Longhorns to be honest again. You've lost that privilege.

My last post on this subject but I love how you call for honesty and fail to acknowledge that Malik, Boyd and Holton were absolute gifts from Sumlin 2 of them were based on a terrible recruiting strategy the other got his feelings hurt because Sumlin wouldn't tell him whio the DC was going to be and rightfully so. Warren wasn't offered until 3 weeks (incorrectly IMO) before signing day. And lastly...how many kids has Strong taken that we wanted this year? ) and yet every commit we have has a Texas offer, its called a trend. Do I expect with a good year Charlie to finish strong , sure but you can't knock the trend brother, at least be honest with yourself it kleads to more objective and less obtuse thinking.

pooch, don't ever ask for Longhorns to be honest in a self righteous way again. You've lost that privilege.
You can add Elliot to that and he committed to Strong after a visit, unless he had an un-committable offer to Aggy....

My last post on this subject but I love how you call for honesty and fail to acknowledge that Malik, Boyd and Holton were absolute gifts from Sumlin 2 of them were based on a terrible recruiting strategy the other got his feelings hurt because Sumlin wouldn't tell him whio the DC was going to be and rightfully so. Warren wasn't offered until 3 weeks (incorrectly IMO) before signing day. And lastly...how many kids has Strong taken that we wanted this year? ) and yet every commit we have has a Texas offer, its called a trend. Do I expect with a good year Charlie to finish strong , sure but you can't knock the trend brother, at least be honest with yourself it kleads to more objective and less obtuse thinking.

This is all BS Aggy assumption....The DC thing, Boyd, Hill, etc....Unless "you" heard something from the recruit and you didn't, you're spewing a bunch of second or third hand garbage as truths. Typical Aggy!

As Strong went, he picked up steam in August and closed out with a bang over Sumlin. I hardly consider KM and DM in this equation because they were long time Aggy commits... Had they been open the whole time leading up to there commitment, I'd give it some value!

So applying that logic, DJ No Titles has gone from 5th to 7th to 9th in conference finishes in successive years. When do you think aggy football recruiting is going to start dipping if you don't win anything in year 4? Or do aggys never have repurcussions from being middle of the pack year after year? Just point to the conference you're in?

I want a 9 win season out of him or he needs to be on the hot seat. I do think he will benefit as long as Texas stays down below A&M in record. After that, it will be about what they actually won.

OK, you've gone full blown retard again. Keep spinning and ignoring that we had the highest ranked class in the state last year. More ridiculous aggy dishonesty.

I want a 9 win season out of him or he needs to be on the hot seat.
Pretty low threshold to meet in year 4 if you ask me. Are you guys ever going to demand a title of some sort from him?

I do think he will benefit as long as Texas stays down below A&M in record.
You realize we don't play each other anymore, right? Why are you guys STILL comparing yourselves to us? Might want to watch who Bama, LSU and the Miss schools are recruiting, just sayin. Those guys are your benchmark right now, not us. Beating us H2H for a few recruits each cycle isn't what's going to change the tide but that's still all you guys care about.

Pretty low threshold to meet in year 4 if you ask me. Are you guys ever going to demand a title of some sort from him?

You realize we don't play each other anymore, right? Why are you guys STILL comparing yourselves to us? Might want to watch who Bama, LSU and the Miss schools are recruiting, just sayin. Those guys are your benchmark right now, not us. Beating us H2H for a few recruits each cycle isn't what's going to change the tide but that's still all you guys care about.

I don't think its a low threshhold but its not going to be viewed as an achievment if that makes sense. 9 wins is a bare minimum, 10 wins including a bowl win is acceptable. It shows that he has rebuilt after Manziel and going in the right direction. We also need a very good season in order to finish out our recruiting class in a strong fashion, and it is imperative that we finish strong there. IMO this is really a make or break year for his future with our program IMO.

Wait....according to this site your not the highest ranked class. That even includes the grade risks!
In general if 3 out of 4 people/places say one thing and the other 1 dissents, do you claim the 1 dissenter (no matter how flawed his logic) is correct? Never mind, of course you do. Dolt. :D

Last edited:
How many grade risks are there? Do you know how many they use to calculate the class?

This is a stupid argument to begin with. Teams lose players all the time. If this is the logic aggys are going to use at least wait a couple years to make this type of argument (see A&M's 2013 class and all the attrition). This is why dealing with aggys is such a waste of time. I'm sure they will tell almost everyone they had a top 10 class in 2013 when they lost the good majority of of recruits from that class. But hey, they are willing to already discount Texas' class after losing one grade risk.

This is a stupid argument to begin with. Teams lose players all the time. If this is the logic aggys are going to use at least wait a couple years to make this type of argument (see A&M's 2013 class and all the attrition).

I know who is not on campus, just checking to see if his math would add up. They seem to be oblivious to facts....

Reactions: utisdabomb12
Its aggy math....one national title in 1939 and a move to the SEC =2 more made up titles. I figure a move to the WAC will give them 2 more. If you add it all up it =MEDIOCRITY & BEING IRRELEVANT.....go ahead and throw a polynomial in there aggs.....it still comes out the same

and fail to acknowledge that Malik, Boyd and Holton were absolute gifts from Sumlin

You can't be serious. Strong and staff have worked their asses of in recruiting and the class they signed in February shows the fruits of their hard work. Your act is getting really old, pooch.

You can't be serious. Strong and staff have worked their asses of in recruiting and the class they signed in February shows the fruits of their hard work. Your act is getting really old, pooch.

I don't understand what act you are talking about. I don't come over here flaming and and talking bad about your team and staff, I can't have an opinion that differs from yours? What is the issue here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT