ADVERTISEMENT

Aggies: Here, you have a free place to vent your frustrations.

Aggy & Piggy need to come back to this (vastly superior) conference.

Agree:)
What about Nebraska & Missouri & Colorado too? I would think they would all jump at the chance to join a vastly superior conference.

In all honesty, I live in Little Rock and many Arkansas fans would really support going to the BIG12. It is a frequent subject on sports talk radio locally. They are sick to death of the SECW, and do not think they will ever be able to compete. The thought is that they recruit better than most of the BIG12 teams, so they'd have a chance. But they are always shot down because the $ would be a lot less and they are accustomed to spending those dollars.

If they don't win a conference game for a couple more years, it may become a real possibility. They are a pretty proud fan base and sick of getting their asses kicked every single week. There is only one 4 star player in the state this year, and he isn't going to Arkansas. Smart fans realize they don't really have a chance with almost exclusively 3 star recruits.

What about Nebraska & Missouri & Colorado too? I would think they would all jump at the chance to join a vastly superior conference.

In all honesty, I live in Little Rock and many Arkansas fans would really support going to the BIG12. It is a frequent subject on sports talk radio locally. They are sick to death of the SECW, and do not think they will ever be able to compete. The thought is that they recruit better than most of the BIG12 teams, so they'd have a chance. But they are always shot down because the $ would be a lot less and they are accustomed to spending those dollars.

If they don't win a conference game for a couple more years, it may become a real possibility. They are a pretty proud fan base and sick of getting their asses kicked every single week. There is only one 4 star player in the state this year, and he isn't going to Arkansas. Smart fans realize they don't really have a chance with almost exclusively 3 star recruits.

I agree with this. Not that anyone wants a&m back in the Big 12, but aggy is in the same boat as Arkansas. They're not going to compete for or win a conf. championship any time soon. Financially the move has been good for a&m, but from a wins and losses standpoint, it hasn't worked out so well.

I agree with this. Not that anyone wants a&m back in the Big 12, but aggy is in the same boat as Arkansas. They're not going to compete for or win a conf. championship any time soon. Financially the move has been good for a&m, but from a wins and losses standpoint, it hasn't worked out so well.
A&M is middle of the pack right now in the SECW, but we have the ability to recruit top 10 classes pretty much annually. So atleast we have a chance. I don't see us dominating the league in a couple years like some of our more fanatical fans. But I do see us consistently winning 9 games starting next year and occasionally having the stars align and doing better. But Alabama and LSU aren't going anywhere, and I think Auburn will be about what we are going forward.

Arkansas might be able to recruit top 30 classes annually. That gives them almost no chance. I get why some would want to go, but unsure if $ would ever allow it. And if Texas or OU ever bolt the BIG12, Arkansas could end up in a group of 5 conference. So really risky.

Y'all do realize aggy hasn't beaten a single team with a 500record? They can't have that easy a schedule in the Big 12

So both Aggy and Longhorn are 6-3, one is unranked, one is ranked 19 in the CFP rankings.

Aggy has wins over Arkansas (bad), Miss State (bad), and Ole Miss (bad). Their losses are to teams ranked 3, 5, and 12 in the CFP.
Conclusion: Ranked right about where they should be given the resume.

Longhorn has wins over (22) OK State (pretty good), WVU (bad), (24) KSU (debatable), and Kansas (ahem). Their losses are to teams ranked 1, 10, and to a sub .500 TCU.
Conclusion: "We're Texas". #19 in the CFP. o_O

The remainder of both team's seasons will tell a lot.

# 1...I wasn't comparing the teams. I simply made an observation about aTm. KSU debateable? They are considerably better than any team aTm has beaten. And while you are at it....why didn't you mention aTm's glorious wins over the likes of Lamar and UTSA?

You are right in saying Texas has the same record and is not a good team.....but who was debating that? Besides.....who on the Texas schedule could aTm beat anyway?

# 1...I wasn't comparing the teams. I simply made an observation about aTm. KSU debateable? They are considerably better than any team aTm has beaten. And while you are at it....why didn't you mention aTm's glorious wins over the likes of Lamar and UTSA?

You are right in saying Texas has the same record and is not a good team.....but who was debating that? Besides.....who on the Texas schedule could aTm beat anyway?
KSU beat MSU by 7. A&M beat MSU by 19. That's the only common opponent. Debatable.

And I left off Lamar and UTSA, and left off your La Tech and Rice. Rice lost to UTSA. La Tech is decent, but hardly a victory of note.

A&M would likely be 6-3 with your schedule. With a loss to OSU.

A&M is middle of the pack right now in the SECW, but we have the ability to recruit top 10 classes pretty much annually. So atleast we have a chance. I don't see us dominating the league in a couple years like some of our more fanatical fans. But I do see us consistently winning 9 games starting next year and occasionally having the stars align and doing better. But Alabama and LSU aren't going anywhere, and I think Auburn will be about what we are going forward.

Arkansas might be able to recruit top 30 classes annually. That gives them almost no chance. I get why some would want to go, but unsure if $ would ever allow it. And if Texas or OU ever bolt the BIG12, Arkansas could end up in a group of 5 conference. So really risky.
Over the last 20 years, spanning five coaches and two conferences, A&M has landed all of three consensus top 10 classes (2004, 2014, 2019). So, you might wanna slow your roll on that.

Over the last 20 years, spanning five coaches and two conferences, A&M has landed all of three consensus top 10 classes (2004, 2014, 2019). So, you might wanna slow your roll on that.
Even Sumlin's drunken behind landed top 10 classes in 2013 & 2014, and was 11th in 2015. We paid Jimbo a fortune to recruit and he landed top 10 classes over and over at FSU. I would bet almost any amount he lands another top 10 class this year.

We won't be in the top 10 every year, but I'd be surprised if we aren't much more often than not.

The problem is top 10 classes won't cut it in the SECW. Top 10 classes will get you 3rd or 4th in the West. But consistent top 10 classes at least give you a chance. It's why when everyone complains about SEC bias in making the playoffs I laugh.

Even Sumlin's drunken behind landed top 10 classes in 2013 & 2014, and was 11th in 2015. We paid Jimbo a fortune to recruit and he landed top 10 classes over and over at FSU. I would bet almost any amount he lands another top 10 class this year.

We won't be in the top 10 every year, but I'd be surprised if we aren't much more often than not.

The problem is top 10 classes won't cut it in the SECW. Top 10 classes will get you 3rd or 4th in the West. But consistent top 10 classes at least give you a chance. It's why when everyone complains about SEC bias in making the playoffs I laugh.

I was of the understanding that recruiting rankings weren't a criteria for making the playoff. If voters take that into account then that is SEC bias. "They recruit better so they must be better". The thing is, the SEC lost more bowl games and head to head match ups against the B12 last year... but lets judge quality of teams by the recruiting rankings. Seems really smart.

It takes special, anomalous scenarios for A&M to pull a top ten class:

2004: new coach honeymoon class
2013,2014: new coach honeymoon class, Johnny Manziel/Heisman effect, coinciding with historic changes at Texas-firing of Mack Brown and drop-off of Texas.
2019: new coach honeymoon class

Rinse and repeat. The same fate awaits Fisher unless he does what no one else has ever done at A&M...win (without incurring NCAA sanctions).

Reactions: LonghornMM
It takes special, anomalous scenarios for A&M to pull a top ten class:

2004: new coach honeymoon class
2013,2014: new coach honeymoon class, Johnny Manziel/Heisman effect, coinciding with historic changes at Texas-firing of Mack Brown and drop-off of Texas.
2019: new coach honeymoon class

Rinse and repeat. The same fate awaits Fisher unless he does what no one else has ever done at A&M...win (without incurring NCAA sanctions).
What about the 2020 class? Sure looks like it will end up top 10 as well. Of course, that will only make it the 3rd or 4th best class in the SECW. So we need to do better no doubt.

I was of the understanding that recruiting rankings weren't a criteria for making the playoff. If voters take that into account then that is SEC bias. "They recruit better so they must be better". The thing is, the SEC lost more bowl games and head to head match ups against the B12 last year... but lets judge quality of teams by the recruiting rankings. Seems really smart.
I'm betting 2 of the 4 teams in the playoffs are from the SEC, most likely the SECW. When the committee put Georgia #4 & Alabama #5 they were showing their hand.

Not saying it is fair to just pick the 4 best teams even if it leaves multiple conferences out. Just saying it looks to be what is going to happen to me.

And having the best players matters. When you have the best recruits and most NFL draft picks, they were more than likely good in college too. Are you saying NFL scouts are showing bias year after year after year when the SEC dominates the draft?

over the last 3 years secsecsec has the worst bowl record of the power 5 conferences. When they are not playing patsy non con games or each other, they don't show very well. The Emperor has no clothes.
Saw this on another site. Big 12 out of conference wins this season thus far. A bit early for chest thumping.

38 - Mississippi State (vs. KSU)
47 - UCLA (vs. OU)
61 - Oregon State (vs. Okie State)
67 - James Madison (not a typo...vs. WVU)
69 - Purdue (vs. TCU)
70 - Boston College (vs. KU)
71 - Houston (vs. OU)
73 - Tulsa (vs. Okie State)
74 - Louisiana Tech (vs. Texas)
91 - North Carolina State (vs. WVU)
110 - UL-Monroe (vs. ISU)
149 - UTSA (vs. Baylor)
157 - Bowling Green
160 - Rice (x2) (vs. Texas and Baylor)
188 - UTEP (vs. Tech)

What about the 2020 class? Sure looks like it will end up top 10 as well. Of course, that will only make it the 3rd or 4th best class in the SECW. So we need to do better no doubt.
What about it? It wouldn’t surprise me the least if it ended up top 10. My point still stands. If Fisher is going to continue going 8-4 and 7-5 they won’t last, the honeymoon wears off.

And with an SEC schedule even at 9-3 Fisher will run into trouble because that means you won against six or seven creampuffs and only beat two teams with a pulse, while losing the games that matter most.

Reactions: MBIJIM
I'm betting 2 of the 4 teams in the playoffs are from the SEC, most likely the SECW. When the committee put Georgia #4 & Alabama #5 they were showing their hand.

Not saying it is fair to just pick the 4 best teams even if it leaves multiple conferences out. Just saying it looks to be what is going to happen to me.

And having the best players matters. When you have the best recruits and most NFL draft picks, they were more than likely good in college too. Are you saying NFL scouts are showing bias year after year after year when the SEC dominates the draft?

Individual players do not make a team. Being a UT fan, I know that teams with more talent lose all the time.

I 100% agree they will put Alabama in the top 4 on the last ranking. The issue is if they deserve it or not. If they win out they would only have beaten one ranked team in Auburn. Conference champions should have priority.

Of course, that will only make it the 3rd or 4th best class in the SECW.

Which is where aggsy ends up in conference (3rd or 4th) regardless of conference.

Were aggsy recruits alive when aggsy played in their last conf championship game? Much less won one?

Backing off my 2 SEC teams in the playoffs. Tua being out makes the #4 spot wide open. Leaning towards Oregon, but not sure if they are actually a top 4 team. But the left coast needs a pat on the head.

Since this is an Aggy frustration thread, I'd like to voice my displeasure with the SEC conference officials in Athens on Saturday.

It is clear they were protecting the brand. That is all...

I didn't do this. But it's only a few of the blatant "misses".....

They also did not review a single spot on very close plays in pivotal points of the game. The fix was in....

We'll get those call if we win big next year. It was really bad, but the league doesn't care if we play in the Texas bowl or Outback bowl, they care about getting a 2nd team in the playoffs. They may send us to Florida instead of Houston, as a way to say sorry for screwing you over in Athens.

Reactions: oldschoolcat
Welcome to the $EC way, ags. They are who they are. They're underhanded. They cheat, and they try to manipulate any and everything that they can to build their conference brand and pad their records. The $EC is using a&m. You guys are blind to not see it.

Welcome to the $EC way, ags. They are who they are. They're underhanded. They cheat, and they try to manipulate any and everything that they can to build their conference brand and pad their records. The $EC is using a&m. You guys are blind to not see it.
The BIG12 has an agenda too. You guys would probably disagree on what that agenda is, but your conference mates know what it is. We were never going to get the benefit of the doubt in the BIG12.
SEC seems to pass out favors to teams that are winning right now, and can help the league. I prefer a meritocracy over a caste system.

The BIG12 has an agenda too. You guys would probably disagree on what that agenda is, but your conference mates know what it is. We were never going to get the benefit of the doubt in the BIG12.
SEC seems to pass out favors to teams that are winning right now, and can help the league. I prefer a meritocracy over a caste system.

mm42, I like you. You're seem like a reasonable, level headed guy. However, a&m isn't one of the "in" schools in the $EC. They have their core schools, and I don't see a&m ever being in that group. I think everyone sees that but a&m fans.

mm42, I like you. You're seem like a reasonable, level headed guy. However, a&m isn't one of the "in" schools in the $EC. They have their core schools, and I don't see a&m ever being in that group. I think everyone sees that but a&m fans.
Winning has more to do with it than being “in”. IMO.

We'd have to win consistently, which is a lot easier said than done, to join that top group. I hope we win enough in the coming years where I will know if I'm right. If we win 7 or 8 next year, I will be disappointed as hell. I truly think we'll win 9 or more next year and probably 2021 too.
I'm not saying we'd ever get advantages over Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, or Tennessee. But I do think winning a lot would make any disadvantages a lot less obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT