ADVERTISEMENT

AGGY SCHEDULE

Dean16

Aug 14, 2019
How do yall think each game will end up for them? I think they will be around 7-5 let me know how you see it playing out.
vs Texas St- W
@Clemson-L
vs Lamar- W
vs Auburn-W
Arkansas-L
vs Alabama-L
@ Ole Miss-W
vs Miss St-W (Only because state is two different teams when on the road)
vs UTSA- W
vs South Carolina-W
@Georgia-L
@LSU-L

aggy is going to lose a game that they're not supposed lose. They'll drop one to Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St., or South Carolina. At best they win 7 games. Most likely they go 6-6.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
No doubt one of the toughest schedules on paper with Clemson, Bama, Georgia, and LSU with 3 of those on the road. I chalk all for up as losses. I don't see them losing to Arky, Arky was awful last year and I don't see a huge rebound in year 2, I would switch the results with Auburn and Arky and feel comfortable with that. I would bet they lose to at least one of the Mississippi schools too. That puts them at 6 loses pretty easy.

Doesn't Auburn have to start a true freshman QB? If they can't win that at home they have bigger issues.

No doubt one of the toughest schedules on paper with Clemson, Bama, Georgia, and LSU with 3 of those on the road. I chalk all for up as losses. I don't see them losing to Arky, Arky was awful last year and I don't see a huge rebound in year 2, I would switch the results with Auburn and Arky and feel comfortable with that. I would bet they lose to at least one of the Mississippi schools too. That puts them at 6 loses pretty easy.

I'm not going to make a prediction on a&m I don't know enough about their team to do so. I'm going to say this lightly needs because maybe the players I'm thinking about are no longer soft. But I keep thinking back during the second quarter when Todd Blackledge said they try to keep Jake Fromm from throwing the ball more than 22x a game. What? In today's college fb? I could be wrong but when their rb D'Andre Swift fumbled he came to the sidelines upset. Not angry but upset and the coaches told him to keep his head in the game. I'm convinced that was a between the lines comment that he was crying. I keep wondering if GA is softer than we know. I will watch when they play Notre Dame on 9/21. This matchup will determine which team is the contender and which team is the pretender.

If ND wins then a&m may have a better chance than we think. But then again they'll probably end up acting like aggies when it matters most.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
i think they'll end up 6-6 or 7-5. and if they're 7-5, the secsec hype machine will take over and they'll be about #20. but i will say this-- i think next year they'll legitimately be really good, and they lose clemson from the schedule. which they replace, i'm sure, with joe's school for welders & electricians. nice school. bad football team. so brace yourself. fortunately, i think we'll be really good too.

Reactions: LonghornMM
The LSU game will determine whether they go 8-4 or 7-5. I think they’ll drop these games...

Alabama
Clemson
Georgia
Auburn

I think they go 8-4 or 9-3. This is not a bad team. It's a pretty good team with a really hard schedule. I'd say if we played them it'd be a push and they're a 9-3 or 10-2 team in the Big12. I'm sure this is not a popular opinion on this site, but they got better as the season went on mainly because Mond got better. If he plays like LSU and the bowl game they'll win one of those 4.

Just beat aggy, and lose to Texas, don't care about the rest of their season. Do those things and all is right with the world. Nothing is better than actual scoreboard but a close second is Transitive scoreboard.

I think they go 8-4 or 9-3. This is not a bad team. It's a pretty good team with a really hard schedule. I'd say if we played them it'd be a push and they're a 9-3 or 10-2 team in the Big12. I'm sure this is not a popular opinion on this site, but they got better as the season went on mainly because Mond got better. If he plays like LSU and the bowl game they'll win one of those 4.

I'm not impressed with Mond. IMO, he's the limiting factor. If aggy had a dynamic, play making QB, they would be a pretty good team. I think that Jimbo will peak in a year or so and a&m will be, well, a&m. They lose at least five games this year. aggys claim that 2020 is their year. :rolleyes:

I'm not impressed with Mond. IMO, he's the limiting factor. If aggy had a dynamic, play making QB, they would be a pretty good team. I think that Jimbo will peak in a year or so and a&m will be, well, a&m. They lose at least five games this year. aggys claim that 2020 is their year. :rolleyes:

Otoh they always say that this year is their year. Here's my prediction.

In what year will Jimbo put his head in his hands and think why did I take this job? I could have made this much money on a better team.

My prediction is next year.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Aggy will go 7-5.

Bama, Georgia, Clemson and LSU in death valley are losses. I think they drop another along the way due to being so beat up physically.

Aggy will go 7-5.

Bama, Georgia, Clemson and LSU in death valley are losses. I think they drop another along the way due to being so beat up physically.
Auburn. They'll have one of the nation’s best DL.

Their secondary full of safeties would get torched in the Big 12.

The big TE and RB Williams made that offense work. They point to how much we are replacing on our D but never mention they are only returning 2 of their front seven and their eraser safety Watts is now playing in Sundays.

If they go 9-3 this year I’ll start believing in Jimbo. Until then Jimbo is late Texas career Mack Brown in my eyes.

Without controversial 7 OT win they were the same 8-4 team as always last season. Hell if KY had an average B12 QB they’d been 7-5 in ‘18.

Last edited:
Loftin is on record that the SEC talks were pre LHN and it was pure coincidence that it came up when it did to give A&M cover for the move.

You are 100% correct. aggy was looking to leave the Big 12 long before the LHN came about. They use LHN as a convenient excuse/lie as to why they left. Byrne turned down an offer to participate in a new TV network that was to be called the Lone Star Network, which would have had Texas and aggy as equal partners. Byrne laughed and said that it wouldn't work. Texas said, "ok", and proceeded to do its own thing and negotiated the Longhorn Network with ESPN. aggy was given the chance first, but turned it down and the rest is history. All of the BS that aggys say otherwise about them leaving is a bunch of lies. Personally, I'm glad that they're gone and I hope Texas never plays them again.

Two things I like best. After 2012 the aggies said wrts, we run the state, but a funny thing happened. First Baylor, and then TCU passed them up. Yes you read that correctly. Then Tom Herman and Houston. Hell even Rice has won a conference title since wrts.

And whatever happened to the swagcopter and the barbershop? Have they actually followed thru with it? The latter is the funniest thing of all. In 2002 there was an African American themed movie Barbershop it was hip, cool, and funny. But being a life long Texan and burnt orange to the core I know one thing about an aggie. He can never be hip or cool. That goes out the window 10 minutes into their first day.

Things like this get me fired up and I can't wait for Saturday.

Hate to break it to everyone but Jimbo's $75 mil contract is fully guaranteed with a 0 dollar buyout clause. If he leaves before his 10 year contract is up, the team he goes to pays nothing. So, do you think Jimbo really cares one way or the other? Hell he could get fired and go elsewhere and be better off.

Hate to break it to everyone but Jimbo's $75 mil contract is fully guaranteed with a 0 dollar buyout clause. If he leaves before his 10 year contract is up, the team he goes to pays nothing. So, do you think Jimbo really cares one way or the other? Hell he could get fired and go elsewhere and be better off.

Here's to hoping aggy goes 6-6 or 7-5 as long as Fisher is there and they are forced to fire him and eat that obnoxious contract. That would be glorious! =)roll

Reactions: freeper
Aggie jokes aside I'm not going to write off Jimbo at least not yet. I have to say this with caution but the SEC may finally take a step down this year. Is part of this me wanting to believe it? Probably. But I have my doubts about SEC qb's this year and that Franks kids didn't do anything to convince me otherwise. Remember the Big XII went 3/1 against the SEC in bowl games last year and that was in part because our qb's were better than theirs. And even in the Orange Bowl can we really say with certainty that Tua is better than KM? Tua had a much better defense around him. If TX and ND beat LSU and GA than it can't be denied. And the media ie gameday and 247 will have to reverse themselves especially in regards to Jake Fromm.

If the SEC beats each other and nobody stands out the cow college might sneak in. We'll see if Jimbo can develop all these all stars he signed. If ND and TX win than nobody is invincable. I wrote off Jackie Sherrill and I don't want to make the same mistake again. We'll see.

I personally am a big fan of Jake Fromm. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, is a good leader, and a perfect SEC QB. He typically isn't going to get you beat, he is going to get you into good situations by making the smart, consistent play, and he is going to take the heat when needed. I think if he went to a B12 school, Pac12 school (like Stanford, USC, Oregon, Wash), or even Clemson he would be better because he would be asked to do more. I don't think he does as much because he isn't asked to do as much within the overall system at Georgia. They don't want him throwing the ball more than 22 times per game, not because he can't but because it takes them out of their system and the way they are built. Give him an actual QB coach and an offensive philosophy that would use his strengths, and I think he is near a top of the line QB.

As long as LSU is led by Orgeron they are going to be the same as they have been. An extremely talented team with no offensive identity. Get them on their heels and they may not recover. But their 3 deep is always going to be stacked. So expect a 4 quarter fight.

Fromm didn't impress me AT ALL in the bowl game. Not sure if that was a one off, or his actual identity. Either way teams are going to be watching the bowl game film and doing what Texas did to him.

Aggie will Aggie. Still don't have the depth to make it through a season in the SEC without getting beat up. Mond will look brilliant, and awful. Corbin is a player to watch, along with the freshman from Atascosita.

Reactions: outhereincali
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT