ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama basketball murders

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I don't this story has hit the this board of it has excuse me.

Basically your have the star player on the bb team who loaned a gun to his teammates who then went on to shoot this woman. Darius Miles and the other guy are facing capital murder charges and Brandon Miller hasn't even been suspended.

And I know they'll get away with it.

Last edited:
I don't this story has hit the this board of it has excuse me.

Basically your have the star player on the bb team who loaned a gun to his teammates who then went on to shoot this woman. Darius Miles and the other guy are facing capital murder charges and Brandon Miller hasn't even been suspended.

And I know they'll get away with it.
It's the $EC. We fired Beard for an accusation. Dropped in court. Our admin better figure out who their $EC bedfellows are.

Reactions: westx
It's the $EC. We fired Beard for an accusation. Dropped in court. Our admin better figure out who their $EC bedfellows are.
If Arch Manning loaned a gun to teammate and they go to a party and kill a girl he would have been kicked out of school.

And everyone but you knows that Chris Beard is an asshole.

At least ou suspends their 3rd string deep snapper when something like that happens. 😉

Yeah this whole thing takes the Oates off the table for me to the extent that he was still on the table. It’s not his fault that this happened obviously but his response to it has been… problematic. When he found out his star player supplied the gun his initial response was “well he’s never been in trouble before”… well maybe not but he supplied a gun for a murder, so he’s in trouble now. But right there you see the difference between a coach and a player. The kid was likely a one and done guy so Bama will get through the season, make their run, he’ll leave and Bama will move on. Harder to do that when a coach gets in trouble or has a problem

Because he's white, probably conservative, and probably has drinking issues. Ya, we know. Your football coach did the same crap.
I always assumed that’s how it was gonna go down with Beard. Was that he would seek treatment for anger management and/or drinking issues and then he would come back to the job and everyone would move on, but he would be on a short leash. Maybe they offered a scenario like that and Beard refused and that was the reason the move came so abruptly

Yeah this whole thing takes the Oates off the table for me to the extent that he was still on the table. It’s not his fault that this happened obviously but his response to it has been… problematic. When he found out his star player supplied the gun his initial response was “well he’s never been in trouble before”… well maybe not but he supplied a gun for a murder, so he’s in trouble now. But right there you see the difference between a coach and a player. The kid was likely a one and done guy so Bama will get through the season, make their run, he’ll leave and Bama will move on. Harder to do that when a coach gets in trouble or has a problem
I think I understand what you're trying to say but this is inexcusable. Like I said above at TX he would have kicked out of school. And NBA teams will have questions about the kids character.

I think I understand what you're trying to say but this is inexcusable. Like I said above at TX he would have kicked out of school. And NBA teams will have questions about the kids character.
Oh no question and I guarantee if he was like the 7th guy in the rotation he would have been kicked off already. When you’re the star player though you get to “let the facts play out”. Not saying it’s right or wrong but that’s the way it is

Let's remember that Brandon Miller does not own a firearm. He had no knowledge that a gun was in his vehicle. That gun in his vehicle belonged to his teammate Darius Miles. Miller gave Miles a ride to a nightclub after their game against LSU. Miller dropped Miles off at the club and Miles left his handgun in Miller's backseat unbeknownst to Miller. Miller didn't go to the nightclub. He went to a restaurant instead. He later got a call from Miles to come pick him up at the club. Miller drives to the club to pick up Miles and then Miles gets into an altercation with someone. Miller never gets out of the car as he's just there to pick up Miles. Miles gets in but then gets out and bullets start flying. Miller immediately drives away since he doesn't want to get shot. Contrary to what everyone here is saying, he did not knowingly supply any gun to be used in a murder. Miller has not been charged with anything and has been described by the police as cooperating fully. Assuming these facts are all true, there's no way Miller will be charged. Any NBA teams looking to vet his character will want access to all the police investigative records before they make a decision. He's a top 5 pick in this year's draft and if I'm a GM with a chance to take him in the top 5, I have no issues selecting him if these facts all turn out to be true.

Reactions: westx
That would be fine if that’s what comes out, but there is police testimony that says miles texted Miller specifically asking for Miller to bring him his gun. If that’s the case that is an issue.

Reactions: outhereincali
That would be fine if that’s what comes out, but there is police testimony that says miles texted Miller specifically asking for Miller to bring him his gun. If that’s the case that is an issue.
That's what the fake news has reported but Miller, through his attorney, has stated those reports are completely inaccurate. Remember too that the initial news reports said that the gun used in the murder belonged to Miller. There are no police reports which indicate Miller had knowledge that he was delivering Miles' weapon to him. The text message was for him to come pick up Miles. The press conference by the police early on made reference to a text message exchange in which Miles told police that he told Miller to bring him his gun. Police have since reviewed phones belonging to Miller and Miles and, apparently, saw enough evidence to support Miller's story. Miller would have been arrested right away if the text exchange with Miles indicated Miller had knowledge that he was delivering a gun to Miles. Miller has stated repeatedly that he doesn't own a gun and he never knew there was a gun in his vehicle.

Every time a story like this comes out I take it with a grain of salt. I usually wait until the legal representatives for each side to make their statements. The news media is no longer motivated by facts and accuracy. It's all about clicks and eyeballs. A top 5 lottery pick involved in a murder is much more intriguing than a back bencher with no chance of making an NBA roster.

That's what the fake news has reported but Miller, through his attorney, has stated those reports are completely inaccurate. Remember too that the initial news reports said that the gun used in the murder belonged to Miller. There are no police reports which indicate Miller had knowledge that he was delivering Miles' weapon to him. The text message was for him to come pick up Miles. The press conference by the police early on made reference to a text message exchange in which Miles told police that he told Miller to bring him his gun. Police have since reviewed phones belonging to Miller and Miles and, apparently, saw enough evidence to support Miller's story. Miller would have been arrested right away if the text exchange with Miles indicated Miller had knowledge that he was delivering a gun to Miles. Miller has stated repeatedly that he doesn't own a gun and he never knew there was a gun in his vehicle.

Every time a story like this comes out I take it with a grain of salt. I usually wait until the legal representatives for each side to make their statements. The news media is no longer motivated by facts and accuracy. It's all about clicks and eyeballs. A top 5 lottery pick involved in a murder is much more intriguing than a back bencher with no chance of making an NBA roster.
Those may be false reports I don’t know but of course he and his attorney are go out to deny it. Lol. And btw there is no such thing as “fake news”. Something is either news or it’s not. Fake news is the most over used phrase and misused phrase in American culture today

On a side note. If I were a college coach I’d have a no gun rule. You are dealing with 18-22 year old kids who are going to clubs, partying, drinking, and probably doing drugs some to. Mixing guns in to that environment is just asking for trouble.

Last edited:
Those may be false reports I don’t know but of course he and his attorney are go out to deny it. Lol. And btw there is no such thing as “fake news”. Something is either news or it’s not. Fake news is the most over used phrase and misused phrase in American culture today
Buddy, I can call it whatever I want. If you don't believe there's a media institution that's lying to you then you've got your head in the sand. It's fake news to me because they're being knowingly dishonest.

Buddy, I can call it whatever I want. If you don't believe there's a media institution that's lying to you then you've got your head in the sand. It's fake news to me because they're being knowingly dishonest.
They lie. It's what they do. It's all about click traffic now. You can justify charging X or Y amount for ad space if you get X or Y number of clicks on your website. So these fvckers make sh!t up that has a smidge of truth in it in order to generate these clicks.
If it were easier to sue outlets that printed lies, this would stop. But they makes sh!t up like "Drtxhorn likes it when Nursetxhorn shoves a colostomy bag up his pee hole and farts on his forehead..... allegedly."
And they get away with it by using words like "allegedly, anonymous sources, might, could, perhaps" etc.

Of course his attorney stated those reports are inaccurate lol. You'll never convince me that he didn't know a gun was in his car or that he didn't know that his friend had been in an altercation. He'll probably get away with it because there's no physical evidence that ties him directly to it, but I still don't buy the fact that he drove all the way there not knowing about the gun or what was going on. If somebody calls you at 2 o'clock in the morning it's never a good thing.

Of course his attorney stated those reports are inaccurate lol. You'll never convince me that he didn't know a gun was in his car or that he didn't know that his friend had been in an altercation. He'll probably get away with it because there's no physical evidence that ties him directly to it, but I still don't buy the fact that he drove all the way there not knowing about the gun or what was going on. If somebody calls you at 2 o'clock in the morning it's never a good thing.
Yeah I gotta go with 722 on this one. Sorry, but I can’t just take a defense attorney’s word as fact. These guys would sell their soul to win a case, and quite often do. Not saying prosecutors are innocent, btw, they’re just as bad.

Yeah, this dude knew damn well there was a gun, and knew damn well there was trouble brewing.

They aren’t lying to me because I don’t care what they say. Whatever the facts are will come out in a court of law. However to say they are knowingly being dishonest is incorrect as well because you don’t know the facts anymore than I do. You are just going by what the defense attorney says who isn’t exactly an unbiased source, but hey keep grinding that ax against the media man. Serving you well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT