ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama running all over A&M

Is it just me, I mean, what has the world come to when aggys and baylor people are arguing with each other on a Longhorn website.

I don't know whether to be disgusted, amuzed, make popcorn or yank my wank.
Go with choice D and yank your wank.

"ESPN thinks Baylor's schedule is a joke"
Yet they are STILL ranked the 2nd best team in the country.ESPN also thinks AtM 's schedule is a joke......man I give up ....you can't talk sense to an aggy.....once brainwashed in the cult they are helpless

Yes, ESPN thinks going through the SEC is a joke. Funny I haven't heard that one time.

Check the OOC schedules again. Yes there are some cream puffs...on EVERY team in every conference. The rule of thumb to me is that you need at least 1 good team on your schedule. A&M put that on their schedule this year and years to come. Baylor and TCU just because of who they are don't get much respect and everyone here knows that. Baylor needs to schedule 1 decent opponent from a power 5 conference. TCU has been pretty good with their schedule so I give them credit for that. As for A&M the state of the conference was much better then than it was now. Nebraska was good then, OU was good, Texas was good, Kstate was good. Hell even Kansas had a run and Tech and Oklahoma State were good as well as Missouri. Times are different in the conference now. You can't deny that.

You forget one convenient fact. Big 12 plays a round robin schedule. Hence, 9 power conference games. SEC doesn't - there are only 8 plus the nonconference.

Go with choice D and yank your wank.
Agreed. Yanking my wank would prove more entertaining than listening to fans of two schools with zero national titles between them since WWII argue over pecking order.

You forget one convenient fact. Big 12 plays a round robin schedule. Hence, 9 power conference games. SEC doesn't - there are only 8 plus the nonconference.

We will just agree to disagree but I'll respect the above poster that mentioned Baylor and Aggies going at it on a Texas board. I'll end it here. Good luck the rest of the season Diadevic. I'll be back to commend your Bears if they make it through.

Set records against nobodies (not big 12 related) and get your sh!t pushed in in bowl games...you must be so proud. Having said that you are a very good team that I predict will be in the playoffs.

Wow, you just described the history of aggsy football.

Yep, you can't overcome 3 pick 6s. For 3 quarters the game was pretty balanced. The first quarter sucked, so if you want to say the

If you take away the 3 pick 6 then you also might as well take away the special teams plays as well.

I believe that gives your offense 1 TD and 3 field goals. Not very impressive if you ask me.

Of course, you also have to account for the fact that taking away 3 defensive scores means you have to give the Bama offense 3 extra possessions they lost which would likely also take away time and possessions from the aggsy offense. In all I'd probably say that would add at lease one score to the Bama offense and take a score away from the aggsy offense. And that is being conservative.

Check the OOC schedules again. Yes there are some cream puffs...on EVERY team in every conference. The rule of thumb to me is that you need at least 1 good team on your schedule. A&M put that on their schedule this year and years to come. Baylor and TCU just because of who they are don't get much respect and everyone here knows that. Baylor needs to schedule 1 decent opponent from a power 5 conference. TCU has been pretty good with their schedule so I give them credit for that. As for A&M the state of the conference was much better then than it was now. Nebraska was good then, OU was good, Texas was good, Kstate was good. Hell even Kansas had a run and Tech and Oklahoma State were good as well as Missouri. Times are different in the conference now. You can't deny that.

The Big 12 is the 2nd best if not the best conference this year. We have two teams in the top 10. We have 2 others in the top 25. That is 40% of our conference. The SEC has 2 top 10 teams and 4 others in the top 25 for a grand total of about 42% of your conference. The Big has 2 and 2 for 28% and the Pac has 1 and 2 for 25%. The ACC has 3.5 teams in the top 25 (counting ND as a half)

The real litmus test though is that everyone in the Big 12 has to play everyone else. That means you can't hide from a good team like Florida in our conference. You will prove it on the field every year.

The more I look at this the more I realize the Big 12 this season is the toughest conference.

I'm a guy that calls things like I see it. I do not respect Baylor's nonconference schedule, as I'm sure most Baylor fans would probably understand. But I do respect what Baylor has done in the Big 12. I do not respect A&M scheduling Arizona State... Not because ASU isn't a decent program, but because the SEC forced A&M to improve their scheduling. I also do not like SEC teams playing TWO FCS schools. I honestly do not mind playing one, because those schools make a lot of money by traveling to play Power 5 schools. But not two.

If Baylor goes undefeated, they WILL and SHOULD be in the playoff. If they are the ONLY unbeaten, they should be the 1 seed. If Ohio State, Michigan State, Utah, or LSU remain unbeaten, then those teams should be ranked ahead of Baylor simply because of scheduling, although LSU's schedule isn't exactly full of world beaters (Syracuse).

My prediction right now is that Baylor wins it all. I think we could slow down Baylor's offense some, but we do not have great QB play. Alabama was the last team to win a national title without great QB play, and we won largely by knocking out the other team's great QB.

One other thing, some of you have compared A&M to Arky. That's not a fair comparison.... Arky has won the SEC West twice. They have played in 2 SEC title games. A&M won't accomplish that. Even Mississippi State has played in an SEC title game.

Reactions: LonghornMM
One other thing, some of you have compared A&M to Arky. That's not a fair comparison.... Arky has won the SEC West twice. They have played in 2 SEC title games. A&M won't accomplish that. Even Mississippi State has played in an SEC title game.

Yea, Arkansas fans should be offended by that comparison.

This actually leads me to my strongest argument against Texas ever joining the SEC.

Why would a blue blood program like Texas want to fight in a conference with 3 other blue blood programs to earn a playoff spot? keep in mind there are only about 12 true blue blood programs.

Alabama
LSU
Florida
Texas
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Nebraska
FSU
Notre Dame
USC

Fringe Blue blood programs
Auburn
Georgia
Oregon
Miami

The rest are wanna-be programs.

If every southern blue blood program were to join the SEC, yes the money would be great, but the competition would suck when it comes to the playoffs. The path to the playoffs would be easy for the PAC and B1G and ACC while the SEC would kill each other. Lots of great programs that should be in the playoffs would likely be left out.

By spreading out the blue blood programs we keep the playoffs a lot more interesting.

Reactions: diadevic
"The Big 12 is the 2nd best if not the best conference this year. We have two teams in the top 10. We have 2 others in the top 25. That is 40% of our conference. The SEC has 2 top 10 teams and 4 others in the top 25 for a grand total of about 42% of your conference. The Big has 2 and 2 for 28% and the Pac has 1 and 2 for 25%. The ACC has 3.5 teams in the top 25 (counting ND as a half)

The real litmus test though is that everyone in the Big 12 has to play everyone else. That means you can't hide from a good team like Florida in our conference. You will prove it on the field every year.

The more I look at this the more I realize the Big 12 this season is the toughest conference."

First of all, not many outside of the Big 12 would agree with you. I think for sure you have 2 good ones, 1 pretty good one with OU and everyone else falls in that mediocre to bad category. I will say that I don't think the SEC is as strong as it has been this year and think many conferences have a valid argument that their conference is the best. Their quarterback play has sucked this year. Alabama and LSU are hands down the best teams and deserve top 10 status. I think Florida is pretty good, and then you have a few teams that are just good but not great. Ole Miss, A&M, Tennessee, Georgia(with Chub) without they became just ok. Miss St is ok and the rest are just average to bad this year.

There really isn't one dominant team this year in the country that you just say WOW! Hell the number 1 team Ohio State seems to struggle every week. It's anyone's game this year. It should be a fun finish.

If you take away the 3 pick 6 then you also might as well take away the special teams plays as well.

I believe that gives your offense 1 TD and 3 field goals. Not very impressive if you ask me.

Of course, you also have to account for the fact that taking away 3 defensive scores means you have to give the Bama offense 3 extra possessions they lost which would likely also take away time and possessions from the aggsy offense. In all I'd probably say that would add at lease one score to the Bama offense and take a score away from the aggsy offense. And that is being conservative.

Yes, but 2 of the 3 pick 6s were nothing Bama did. One Seales Jones was going to walk into the endzone with just an average pass, instead Bama score. Bama was the better team, but the score didn't indicate how even it was for 3 quarters.

"Yes, ESPN thinks going through the SEC is a joke. Funny I haven't heard that one time."
Doc I'm not 100% but I think they were referring to the out of conference schedule. It's okay "doc" some of you aggs just aren't that smart.....try to keep up.

If it weren't for the 3 pick 6 and the Bama center going out of the game.......aggy very well could've been in the record books for giving up the most yards to a running backin a single game.that would've looked sooo good next to those made up championships on yalls stadium. Don't worry though LSU and Fournette may help y'all get that record.

And all this talk about "well if it weren't for the 3 pick 6......." Bama could've scored another TD right at the end......instead they took a knee. Luckily Saban felt sorry for AtM........I think Stoops runs it up on aggy.......hey look another advantage of being in the SEC and not the BIGXII

I'm a guy that calls things like I see it. I do not respect Baylor's nonconference schedule, as I'm sure most Baylor fans would probably understand. But I do respect what Baylor has done in the Big 12. I do not respect A&M scheduling Arizona State... Not because ASU isn't a decent program, but because the SEC forced A&M to improve their scheduling. I also do not like SEC teams playing TWO FCS schools. I honestly do not mind playing one, because those schools make a lot of money by traveling to play Power 5 schools. But not two.

If Baylor goes undefeated, they WILL and SHOULD be in the playoff. If they are the ONLY unbeaten, they should be the 1 seed. If Ohio State, Michigan State, Utah, or LSU remain unbeaten, then those teams should be ranked ahead of Baylor simply because of scheduling, although LSU's schedule isn't exactly full of world beaters (Syracuse).

My prediction right now is that Baylor wins it all. I think we could slow down Baylor's offense some, but we do not have great QB play. Alabama was the last team to win a national title without great QB play, and we won largely by knocking out the other team's great QB.

Mississippi St and Arkansas have been in the conference longer than 4 years...just saying. A&M is 7-1 against Miss St and Arkansas.

Mississippi St and Arkansas have been in the conference longer than 4 years...just saying. A&M is 7-1 against Miss St and Arkansas.
yes 7-1 against the 2 Powerhouse schools Miss St. and Ark......

You're 1-1 vs MSU without the best player in the history of your program. You're about to be 1-7 against Bama and LSU, the two programs you have to get through to play in an SEC championship game.

You're 1-1 vs MSU without the best player in the history of your program. You're about to be 1-7 against Bama and LSU, the two programs you have to get through to play in an SEC championship game.

Oh, so games don't count when you have good players and only count when you don't have good players? Good logic. Take away the Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls rings because they were only good when Jordan, Magic, and Bird were there. I didn't realize we didn't get credit for those Miss. St wins.

Oh, so games don't count when you have good players and only count when you don't have good players? Good logic. Take away the Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls rings because they were only good when Jordan, Magic, and Bird were there. I didn't realize we didn't get credit for those Miss. St wins.

I didn't say those wins don't count. I just said that without the best player you've ever had, you sre 1-1 against MSU. Is Johnny Alcoholic returning to A&M next year?

Teams with speed on the outside will give Baylor them ir biggest fits because they can force the receivers back into the middle of the field toward their mobile linebackers. Ohio St would give Baylor trouble, as would Michigan St. Both Bama and LSU have the defense to slow Baylor down and the offense to control the clock to keep Baylor off the field. Utah is still a mystery to me so I'd have to see more of them before I could make a call.

But for now, those four teams are the four with enough defensive speed and enough offensive firepower to put Baylor on the ropes while controlling the clock.
Thanks clob, I haven't watched Baylor this year...and today's game won't shed light on their vulnerabilities either.

I think Baylor will run the table in regular season (TCU possible exception) so I guess we will see that type of match-up when they are in the playoffs. It sounds like you are describing a similar scenario to last year's NC game.

Did you read what he said? He said Florida as an example....please read a post before asking an aggy question.
clob answered my question with his typical football acumen. Should I ever become curious what testicles taste like I will ask you sw...

Sorry MM...I will stand down...

clob answered my question with his typical football acumen. Should I ever become curious what testicles taste like I will ask you sw...

Sorry MM...I will stand down...
I simply told you to read the post before running your aggy mouth. Sheep not cooperating with your lovemaking attempts today aggy?

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT