ADVERTISEMENT

All Time WR group...

Jesus nobody gets the game lmao 🤣
The 2000-2003 kids would run the show-- had they grown up in a passing atmosphere.

Metcalf had a little bit of help but not much.

Between Roy, BJ and Sloane, if we ran a spread today-- with Cedric at the TB and Simms arm-- Simms throws for over 4500. Cedric rushes for more than 1500-- and BJ, Roy and Sloane all go over 1000. BJ is probably going to be your leader in receptions and Roy your leader in TDs.
Sloane was slippery. But Simms rarely went to his 3rd option.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookem777
I think JT Sanders is the best team in Texas history certainly the most productive.

He wasn't the greatest te in Texas history but Derek Lewis was certainly the most colorful.

The 2000-2003 kids would run the show-- had they grown up in a passing atmosphere.

Metcalf had a little bit of help but now much.

Between Roy, BJ and Sloane, if we ran a spread today-- with Cedric at the TB and Simms arm-- Simms throws for over 4500. Cedric rushes for more than 1500-- and BJ, Roy and Sloane all go over 1000. BJ is probably going to be your leader in receptions and Roy your leader in TDs.
lousy player development thank you Greg Davis.

I love Whitt, but i took the top 3 and those to me are the top 3 WR...now if you wanna talk football players that another topic. I really hope we win a Natty not just for the fans, the team but really Whitt the dude deserves it.
You said “WR Group”. Whittington is part of that group. Why in the f*ck limit it to 3 just to leave him out?

This year our WR in the regular season ( including TES) would be

Worthy 73 catches for 969 yards and 5 TD's
Mitchell 51 catches for 813 yards and 10 TD's
Sanders 39 catches for 607 yards and 2 Td's

Where would you rank this group over the history of Texas. I would say the only group that MAY hold up to them is

Roy Williams
B.J Johnson
Sloan Thomas.

what say you?

I loved me some

Cavil
Nunez
Flowers

Was highly underrated.

Walker and Cash brothers? I was a youngster so I don’t quite remember.

Just throwing some names out I haven’t seen yet

I loved me some

Cavil
Nunez
Flowers

Was highly underrated.

Walker and Cash brothers? I was a youngster so I don’t quite remember.

Just throwing some names out I haven’t seen yet
Cash Brothers caught like 1 pass a game. We didn't throw much back then.

Reactions: weevilcatch

Metcalf had a little bit of help but not much.

this , and 08-09 wasnt horrible either but yes.

Lmao sheesh Metcalf idk relax. Lol I just did 3. FINE 4 . LOL HAPPY?
No! I’m still appalled and disgusted. 😂

People, Metcalf was a RB, not a WR, but yeah him with Vince, Colt, or Ewers would be completely unfair.

No! I’m still appalled and disgusted. 😂

People, Metcalf was a RB, not a WR, but yeah him with Vince, Colt, or Ewers would be completely unfair.
look i loooove me some Whitt..i just took 3. And as much as i love Whitt id take Sanders (beats mode) all day. Suprisingly Whitt is a better blocker than Sanders and Sanders is a better down field threat. ( YES I KNOW WHITT IS MR 3RD DOWN)

and dude if Metcalf was with vince or colt we would have 2 more Nattys.

I think JT Sanders is the best team in Texas history certainly the most productive.
I am watching the Texas/UW “every play” from last year’s Alamo Bowl. I am not even past the 10min mark of the 1st Qtr and am disgusted at JT’s blocking. I can’t say that he has improved this year because I don’t know, but God, I hope so. I do remember one lame ass effort against ou this year, but I really haven’t zoned in on him blocking. So, I would not crown him the greatest TE in Texas history.

I am watching the Texas/UW “every play” from last year’s Alamo Bowl. I am not even past the 10min mark of the 1st Qtr and am disgusted at JT’s blocking. I can’t say that he has improved this year because I don’t know, but God, I hope so. I do remember one lame ass effort against ou this year, but I really haven’t zoned in on him blocking. So, I would not crown him the greatest TE in Texas history.
One thing that could improve his draft stock if he came back is blocking..same with Mitchell

David Thomas best TE in Texas histroy still, Sanders 2nd.

Reactions: WRLHookem
@outhereincali I have another mind blowing blocking fail from JT. I was rewatching the bama Texas game from earlier this year. One of those “every play” youtube videos and if it interest you, go to the 3rd Qtr, 2:60 mark. Sark went for it on 4th and 2. Ewers hands the ball to Brooks and he falls just short due to JT wimping completely out against Dallas Turner. I mean, playing in a big game on an important 4th down, how can you not go balls to the wall and be ready. Maybe next year he can make himself the best TE ever at Texas.

@outhereincali I have another mind blowing blocking fail from JT. I was rewatching the bama Texas game from earlier this year. One of those “every play” youtube videos and if it interest you, go to the 3rd Qtr, 2:60 mark. Sark went for it on 4th and 2. Ewers hands the ball to Brooks and he falls just short due to JT wimping completely out against Dallas Turner. I mean, playing in a big game on an important 4th down, how can you not go balls to the wall and be ready. Maybe next year he can make himself the best TE ever at Texas.
Blocking is usually the last thing that comes together for a TE in college. They aren't asked to do a whole of it in high school. But I have seen some big improvement for JT in the last 4 weeks of this season in that department. He's probably never going to be an elite blocker but what he lacks in that department he more than makes up for it with his ability to make plays in the passing game.

David Thomas best TE in Texas histroy still, Sanders 2nd.
I might put Fitzgerald, Finley or Scaife in front of Sanders. Finley was a hoss. Sanders still has two more games to insert himself as 1 or 2 IMHO. I hope he succeeds.😁

These te's were good players but Sanders is clearly the better athlete. However Sanders has had better coaches who have developed his skills. The other guys played for Greg Davis and the opposite happened. Sanders is the only te has had more than 100 yards receiving in a game. As a matter of fact he's had 3 this year.

And I went and saw the Alabama game this morning and all 4 guys were awesome that night. We've seen it again the last 2 1/2 games. Now think about this. If Alabama had trouble covering them why I should be worried about Washington or Michigan?

Blocking is usually the last thing that comes together for a TE in college. They aren't asked to do a whole of it in high school. But I have seen some big improvement for JT in the last 4 weeks of this season in that department. He's probably never going to be an elite blocker but what he lacks in that department he more than makes up for it with his ability to make plays in the passing game.
I am trying not to split hairs because I know what you mean, but I don’t agree that it more than makes up for it. If we extrapolate and let a great running back not take his blocking serious and doesn’t pick up his pass blocking, then the QB is on the ground or hurried and ultimately won’t have time to throw JT the ball. He has got to be active without the ball if he wants the same when he has the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT