Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by simmsan43:
Originally posted by ChipBrown:

Originally posted by hilltophorn:
Come on down Coach Walker.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
His OB career is so underrated.
roll.r191677.gif

Chip it has been a pleasure to work alongside you the last few years and I hate to see you leave. I wish you luck in the future over at Scout.com and I look forward to crossing paths in the future.

Chip it has been a pleasure to work alongside you the last few years and I hate to see you leave. I wish you luck in the future over at Scout.com and I look forward to crossing paths in the future.

Originally posted by meesch:
Ketch, please re-consider looking towards the NFL. There are a thousand really good NFL message boards, but I think most people subscribe to OB for information about Longhorn sports. I think it would be much more prudent for you to focus on why we pay you for your service. If I want NFL info, I'll go to my teams site. If I want Horns info, I'll come here. Please don't change that.
I'm talking about an quality NFL-level writer, experienced in a professional-level beat/coverage, with a reputation of breaking stories.

Ketch, please re-consider looking towards the NFL. There are a thousand really good NFL message boards, but I think most people subscribe to OB for information about Longhorn sports. I think it would be much more prudent for you to focus on why we pay you for your service. If I want NFL info, I'll go to my teams site. If I want Horns info, I'll come here. Please don't change that.
He wouldn't be a NFL guy. He'd be a Texas football beat writer and columnist. It could be that his previous job was as a NFL beat guy/columnist.

I'm talking about an quality NFL-level writer, experienced in a professional-level beat/coverage, with a reputation of breaking stories.
Sounds like it's Kirk Bohls guys.
eek.r191677.gif

Best of luck Chip. Thanks for helping make this site the best pound for pound dollar I spend in life.

And thanks Ketch and Company for the same. Looking forward to the future of the site!

All the best Chip. Nothing but the best.

As for us here...

Damn. Just damn.

Hook'em!

Congratulations Chip....Thanks for all of your contributions here on OB....I will miss your articles...
Am still waiting for your Big Exposer of the Recruiting/player payoffs in the $EC...
Say hello to Erin for us....

Ketch....
If Coach Walker is still not available because he hasn't found his laptop yet, you might think of hiring Scipio Tex....Always entertaining.....

PS. Mack Brown may be available....

Originally posted by anwason:
chip, it sucks to see you go but we don't get many opportunities in life to truly get those surreal gigs so I'm glad to see you taking that chance. you were a beast with it..unflappable to scrutiny. you'll excel no matter what bro!! good luck!!

Will you have to move from atx?
Staying in ATX

I have mixed emotions. I hate to see you go Chip, but I'll always support you in your endeavors. OB has benefited greatly from your presence. Ketch may find a fine news reporter to fill the void, but in truth you will never be replaced.

God bless and good luck in your new position.

Ketch - Thank you for hiring Chip and good luck in your search.

Gotcha, sorry for the angst, I ain't two durned bright!.!

I had the pleasure of working with Chip as an OB intern back in 2010 when the program fell apart. All I can say is that, above all else, he is a first class human being.

I hate to see him go, and agree that he will be impossible to "replace," but Ketch has an always evolving and ambitious vision for the future of OBs and he will find a way to make sure the product doesn't suffer. Additionally, I am glad to see the situation handled with such professionalism from all sides.

Best of luck Chip.

Good Luck Chip. I enjoyed your contributions to OB tremendously. I can't
believe it has been 6 years already, Wow!

Originally posted by BFantana:
I still laugh thinking about Chip peppering Mack with questions about Diaz after the infamous BYU game, only to have Mack finally ask the audience if anyone besides Chip has a question.
Just some good family ribbing.
cool.r191677.gif

I guess we can thank Mack Brown for this one. Chip got him fired and now he gets a promotion!!!

Hope he remembers how he dealt with the firing and his reporting.

Glad he is gone and will not be missed.

Originally posted by LongviewLobo01:
I've become much more of a lurker in recent times due to job and family taking more of my time but I will say that Chip has been one of the best things that has happened at OB. Not taking anything away from guys like Dustin who has and does a great job, when Chip came aboard it was a splash akin to Texas hiring Saban. Chip had been a name writer from the print world at a major print outlet in the Dallas Morning News and him coming to OB was exciting to say the least. I still recall the announcement and how big of a shock it was to us all. Good luck to you Chip and please come around periodically to drop your wisdom on us.

There have been times where I've thought about leaving the site. But at the end of the day Ketch and Jason and company have always found a way to keep me around and ensure that they are the best out there. Each and every time someone has made a move you guys have responded and kept yourself at the top. I can't wait to see who is brought in to replace Chip. I have no doubts that it will be someone great.
Honestly, even if Ketch didn't bring in anyone to replace me, OB would still be worth the sub because Ketch, Jason, Dustin, Taylor and Alex are that good. They grind, and that's why I have so much respect for them. Plus this message board has a life all its own. One of a kind!

John harris is terrible on radio but I could stomach him here. Lance Zierlien would make me light my torch and if it's Bomani Jones i'll burn down the village.

Other than that, I look forward to who you select.

Congrats on the new opportunity Chip, I know you'll do great.

Originally posted by davidkfan:

I guess we can thank Mack Brown for this one. Chip got him fired and now he gets a promotion!!!

Hope he remembers how he dealt with the firing and his reporting.

Glad he is gone and will not be missed.
zEYQhBL.gif

This post was edited on 4/23 5:14 PM by Great Hills Horn

The weirdest thing about this thread is easily the angst towards Lance .Z.

My man brings a charge out of some of you.
Lance Z kicks ass on the radio. He's funny, brusque, and damned knowledgable ! I love when he gives Manziel lovers grief and calls them Manzielots. The dude gets it, he probably didn't handle his time on OB very well, but he makes fun of every fan base. Him and Johnny Harris are by far the two best sports personalities in Houston! Bring him back, hell, every recruit in the Houston area listens to him and he's probably pro Horns 80% of the time. Hell, he's getting rich off his lawyer wife that has two degrees from UT.

Wishing you a fond farewell from Orangebloods. Since 2004 I have had a recruiting addiction that I thank you for. I have so enjoyed your posts, blogs, and radio input for a decade now that I hate to think of TEXAS recruiting without you at the fore front. You have had a lot of change the last few years and this is no different.. I along with everyone else wish you all of the best at Fox/Scout.com Go and grab ahold of your dreams Chip. We all are better fans & people because of your contributions !!! You will be greatly missed !!!
frown.r191677.gif

Chip, your an absolute class act and you will be missed. Excited for you and this opportunity that has presented itself - you will continue to be nails, of that I'm certain.

Best of luck in your new endeavors, and know that your work and insights were and are most appreciated.

really have enjoyed EVERYTHING you brought to OB...thanks for doing such a great job chip and good luck in your next chapter!

Fairly new to OB, longer subscriber than poster. I have enjoyed the work that has been put in Chip. Thank you sir for your work. It shows you truly love what you do. Congratulations on your new endeavor. I know you will do well!

Will Chip keep an Orangebloods account or would that be a conflict of interest with him moving to Fox Sports/ scout.com?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT