ADVERTISEMENT

Announcement: A heartfelt sendoff and a look ahead to the future

Innnnn the immmmmmortal words of ........

Chip, are you leaving the morning radio gig?
Best of luck going forward. I think about those immortal words most days. Thanks.

I knew Chip and Mack were connected! No more need around here without his daddy.

Best of luck!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Why wasn't this news teased?
roll.r191677.gif

Vaya con Dios, Chip.

Meh......just kidding Chip. I given you hell on here a couple times I imagine, but that's a long line for you with the foxholes you've been in. Love your bulldog approach and willingness to jump into any dumpster. Times must and always do change....and I believe for those who strive to achieve, the change usually always turns out fine, no matter which side of the change you're on. Change can be exciting.....and I'm sure the next man or woman up will bring a new perspective we've never had for our money before. Good luck and hopefully this doesn't prohibit you from chiming in from time to time on the board.

Originally posted by Ketchum:

Originally posted by TCUHorns:
Dammit! Well good luck to you, Chip. We will all miss your stories, you've been a great piece of OB. You've helped take OB to new heights. Drop in from time to time.

Ketch good luck with the search!

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
I have to admit that the search thus far has been kind of exciting. One national writer that everyone knows from another beat called the job was one of the best in the country. I've been surprised at the interest level thus far. Part of that is due to the work Chip has contributed in these last 6 years.
Could you be hinting at the return of Mr. Cosell and that other guy who's name now escapes me?
wink.r191677.gif

In all sincerity, Chip, you're all class and a great part of what has made OB. Sorry to see you go, but happy for you and the new opportunity.

Adios Chip. Congratulations on your new opportunity. I will miss your insight, style and professionalism here but I guess the good news is I won't be hearing you say the same stuff on the radio I'm reading here and vice versa.

Sad to see you go but at the same time it is a great opportunity for you to fulfill your own dreams. OB will miss your contributions and I wish you only the best in life and your career.

Hey Chip -

Remember when you jumped the gun a bit on November 30, 2008, saying you had received word that Texas was going to have the votes to stay ahead of OU in the polls that would mean we were going to win the tie-breaker with OU and go to the Big 12 title game and, most likely, on to the National Championship game, when I was trying to study for one of my law school finals?

Well, I suppose in your time of departure that enough time has passed between then and now for me to forgive you.

And by forgive, I mean remind you that you really tried to pull one over on me that night. #neverforget

All kidding aside, best of luck and Godspeed, Sex Panther. Your 60% of the time was worth reading 100% of the time.

Cheers.

This post was edited on 4/23 1:34 PM by utexashorns88

This post was edited on 4/23 1:36 PM by utexashorns88

Wow....just wow. Good for him, but sucks a big bad o'D for us. I have read/followed Chip since his DMN days. He was a big reason I joined this site. HUGE shoes to fill. No knock against other staff writers, but Chip was the man. A great deal of credibility is walking. No better guy to have had around when the conference and coaching shake ups happened.

I don't see how they are going to find someone even close with his level of contacts.

Good luck!

Originally posted by utexashorns88:
Hey Chip -

Remember when you jumped the gun a bit on November 30, 2008, saying you had received word that Texas was going to have the votes to stay ahead of OU in the polls that would mean we were going to win the tie-breaker with OU and go to the Big 12 title game and, most likely, on to the National Championship game, when I was trying to study for one of my law school finals?

Well, I suppose in your time of departure that enough time has passed between then and now for me to forgive you.

And by forgive, I mean remind you that you really tried to pull one over on me that night. #neverforget

All kidding aside, best of luck and Godspeed, Sex Panther. Your 60% of the time was worth reading 100% of the time.

Cheers.
I was waiting for this one. It's his "It's Austin."

This is rough. Chip was why I came and stayed with OB. I think a big name is possible but hoe do you replace the connections. Sources are the key.

Knew it was only a matter of time until Chip took his talents to the next level. Congrats and best of luck, Chip!

Originally posted by rohde8195:
This is rough. Chip was why I came and stayed with OB. I think a big name is possible but hoe do you replace the connections. Sources are the key.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Brian Davis would be a good addition. Not sure if he'd have the time or interest for us.

Originally posted by mulligan30:
Dang, Chip leaves and you all turn into a bunch of homos.
kisses.r191677.gif

Seriously, Chip you'll be missed on here(no homo). You took a lot of abuse at times and always handled it with well. What's ironic, you'll probably get less abuse now that you're leaving.
This post was edited on 4/23 11:08 AM by mulligan30
Ain't that a %#?#%!
smokin.r191677.gif

I still laugh thinking about Chip peppering Mack with questions about Diaz after the infamous BYU game, only to have Mack finally ask the audience if anyone besides Chip has a question.

Originally posted by sendero95:

Ketch bringing in someone with resume as impressive as Chip solidified OBs place atop their peers IMO. Seeing the development of the young staffers like Dustin and Taylor says a lot about the level of talent running our community which included Chip. I have little doubt that Ketch is contemplating something allsome and that Chip will continue his rise in the industry.

Good luck to Chip and Ketch & Co.
Agreed. Here, here!

Chip-Thanks for keeping us informed of the Potential Big Moves in the UT universe the last few years. Thanks for letting us know what you knew; especially concerning conference changes and coaching changes.
Ketch--Great Bosses give their employees the freedom to grow. When it's time for them to 'fly away', you 'Opened the Birdcage', rather than bolted it shut. WHO wouldn't want to work for you!

HOOK 'EM HORNS!

Chip are you leaving the morning radio gig? I would miss those immmmmmortal words ....

Originally posted by styrbjorn:
Knew it was only a matter of time until Chip took his talents to the next level. Congrats and best of luck, Chip!
I would argue not next level, just a different kind of level.

The position at OB is next level.

Originally posted by randoke:
Thanks for the memories Chip!

Ketch, you better hit a home run here with the new hire.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Good thing for Ketch is he's a lot more like Miguel Cabrera than he is Ryan Howard.

ADVERTISEMENT