ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant coaching changes

So, if the Texas AD is the one allegedly putting his foot down and demanding wholesale changes as well as having his hand in the hiring......what is Herman doing besides collecting a paycheck and being mesmerized by Bongo Joe? Sounds to me like the AD is doing everything Herman was supposed to be doing? Am I wrong here?
Where are you getting this theory?

Some stats they keep nowadays are silly. But did you see this Todd Orlando stat during the TT game? That no P5 defense gave up more 4thq points than TX. Unforgivable especially at the University of Texas.

Baylor scored 3x in the 2nd half against us. And all 3x the d got called for penalties. In fact they got called twice on each drive. Unforgivable.

Spare me but were freshman excuse. I noticed this year that a lot of 4* freshman played well this year. Then why do ours always need more time? I mean those freshman on the defense were running around like the 3 Stooges.

Now I understand why we were 115th in penalties.

And now I understand why Todd Orlando has been let go.

But there is something else I want to say. The old saying be careful what you wish for you just might get it. This is really true when it comes to coaching. It would take to long when it comes to the University of Texas. So Orlando and others have been let go I respect that changes had to be made. But what if the new coaches aren't any better or even worse? That alone will make me want to cross my fingers for are least a few years.

Last edited:
Where are you getting this theory?
Appears to be the common thoughts throughout the interwebs. Make major changes or be gone. The bigger question is how do Horn fans feel about Herman having to get rid of his guys and make all new hires? Are you glad Herman is staying?Is he changing offensive systems too? Sounds kind of like the Charlie Strong scenario from a couple years back.

Appears to be the common thoughts throughout the interwebs. Make major changes or be gone. The bigger question is how do Horn fans feel about Herman having to get rid of his guys and make all new hires? Are you glad Herman is staying?Is he changing offensive systems too? Sounds kind of like the Charlie Strong scenario from a couple years back.

Cause CDC nailed his ass to the wall and told him too..or The Fing Highway, that's why!

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn

WRONG
and in more ways than 1.

At his absolute worst Tom Herman is better than Charlies Strong. Any comparisons between them is downright silly.

Reactions: Cotton #12
WRONG
and in more ways than 1.

At his absolute worst Tom Herman is better than Charlies Strong. Any comparisons between them is downright silly.
Do I take it you are glad he’s staying? I’m only asking because a lot of fans were hoping for a change. I would be leery as a fan because if the reports of Herman looking at Harrell as a possible replacement are true than to me that signals a change in offensive philosophy and coming from an offensive minded guy, that sounds a lot like what Strong was doing once HIS plan didn’t work, he tried to find something quickly that would work. That would also signal he desires to have a Riley type system.

Did yall read the story about Merringer? I don't remember which site posted it but if true, then not only should he have been fired, he should have been fired immediately after OU. Basically went behind Herman's back on a lot of stuff and then bad mouthed Herman to Chris Ash (who happens to be a buddy of Herman) and it got back to him. Reports are that the entire WR group was looking to transfer if Merringer was retained until today.
Yep, that's the coach I hinted about last week. Didn't want to push uncoroborated rumors but it came from a buddy with a decent inside connection.
We have a good wr group but everyone not named Devon got handicapped & underutilized. Sucks that the rumour seems to be true.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
I also hear that the Dallas cowboys are trying to trade Jason Garrett to Ou for Lincoln Riley.....of course the cowboys are gonna have to throw in a couple of 1st rounders to get the trade done

Reactions: freeper
Do I take it you are glad he’s staying? I’m only asking because a lot of fans were hoping for a change. I would be leery as a fan because if the reports of Herman looking at Harrell as a possible replacement are true than to me that signals a change in offensive philosophy and coming from an offensive minded guy, that sounds a lot like what Strong was doing once HIS plan didn’t work, he tried to find something quickly that would work. That would also signal he desires to have a Riley type system.

Correct as of now I'm glad he's staying. I don't know about Graham Harrell it depends on the Clay Helton situation.

With all the coaching changes what is the situation regarding ol coach Herb Hand? Is he safe for now?

Giving up 8 sacks against OK? Disgusting

Less than 2ypc against ISU? Disgusting

I lost all respect for this ol in the Baylor game. The ol got called for 3 penalties in the Baylor game on 1 play. First Shackelford gets called for personal foul for stepping on a Baylor player.. Then Parker Braun gets tossed for cussing at a zebra, not to be outdone Derek Kerstetter gets called for a personal foul. A bad high school offense wouldn't do that. I was suspicious as I'm sure others were about our ol and their lack of poise and focus it was there all season. And the inevitable came out in the 4thq in the 11th game of the season. This is why ZS should have his captaincy taken away from him in the bowl game.

We had a decent but not great ol last year. But they took a giant step back this year. So is he safe? I can't even remember the last good ol coach we had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT