ADVERTISEMENT

Bama vs You Know Who Game Thread!

seems to me that OU pretty much scored at will the last 3 quarters. I dont care how or why....the fact is that they did. I also believe that scores in the last 3 quarters count as much as scores in the first quarter. OU's problem was that they have no defense and the old axiom says that defense wins championships.

I have been waiting for aggy to jump in and talk about whipping the big 12's ass....funny how OU loses by 11 and was "stomped", while aggy loses to Bama by 22 and "played em close"

Anyone saying Murray didnt play a good game simply was not paying attention. It was just another in a long line of Bowl losses for OU

It's a nice thought about OU outplaying AL over the last three quarters.

But unfortunately I don't think the Tide was ever in serious danger of losing that game.

AL could have scored about 80 points if it had needed to. I really believe that's true.

What I'm hoping is that this year will be the fuel our program uses to build a legit top-ten defense. Starting with a lincoln-riley like DC hire.

Hope your game against GA is well-officiated with no injuries on either side UTGrad87.
Honest question, how is OU going to have a better defense if they keep them on the field the whole game? And how many 4 or 5star d lineman are going to choose OU knowing this? The reason Texas' D is pretty good and getting better is the offense uses some clock and manages the game better. Unless you change philosophy a little, it will continue this way for you in these type games. Just my opinion.

Honest question, how is OU going to have a better defense if they keep them on the field the whole game? And how many 4 or 5star d lineman are going to choose OU knowing this? The reason Texas' D is pretty good and getting better is the offense uses some clock and manages the game better. Unless you change philosophy a little, it will continue this way for you in these type games. Just my opinion.

Words from a bottom 5 SEC team spokesman..

Hook'em

There's two types of kids out there. One kid says "I can be the guy that makes the defense better. I can be the difference maker that takes this defense from mediocre to top shelf. I am the difference."

Then there's the kid that says "I want to go to the team that's going to win and give me the best chance at going pro so I can make my coin.".

Two schools of thought at play here-- the difference maker and the path of least resistance player.

There's two types of kids out there. One kid says "I can be the guy that makes the defense better. I can be the difference maker that takes this defense from mediocre to top shelf. I am the difference."

Then there's the kid that says "I want to go to the team that's going to win and give me the best chance at going pro so I can make my coin.".

Two schools of thought at play here-- the difference maker and the path of least resistance player.
Well said.

I'll add that OU gets some recruiting rhythm from its logo, but that it's going to be an uphill climb until kids can see that we're making progress on that side of the ball.

It's a great question though JoeAg.

Last edited:
It's a nice thought about OU outplaying AL over the last three quarters.

But unfortunately I don't think the Tide was ever in serious danger of losing that game.

AL could have scored about 80 points if it had needed to. I really believe that's true.

What I'm hoping is that this year will be the fuel our program uses to build a legit top-ten defense. Starting with a lincoln-riley like DC hire.

Hope your game against GA is well-officiated with no injuries on either side UTGrad87.
I don't think this guy exists!

I don't think this guy exists!

The key is meshing the offense with the defense so that both can be efficient. One of your best defensive games was against Texas, and it was also one of the only games that OU seemed like they tried to eat some clock while on offense. I seem to remember OU having several time consuming drives. I don't think it was a coincidence that your defense also played well compared to the first game.

It seemed there were a couple of drives when OU was patient, took what was given and drove the field. I don't know that it would take much more than that, but at that point they were down too far.

It seemed there were a couple of drives when OU was patient, took what was given and drove the field. I don't know that it would take much more than that, but at that point they were down too far.

Yeah you can’t be down 28-0 and be patient especially when your D is bad. Alabama drove down the field when they wanted to.

Reactions: Belldozer1
The key is meshing the offense with the defense so that both can be efficient. One of your best defensive games was against Texas, and it was also one of the only games that OU seemed like they tried to eat some clock while on offense. I seem to remember OU having several time consuming drives. I don't think it was a coincidence that your defense also played well compared to the first game.

I think that's part of hit DHHorn.

But for us it really comes down to have better athletes and coaching at all levels of our D.

Not very many of our guys could start for either AL or UT. Not very many of our coaches would be on either staff.

What do you know about qb’s? If the one you have now hadn’t come out of a UT vagina you wouldn’t have one now. Sam is. Or elete. There aren’t elite qb’s lining up to play at UT. Keep thinking Your something and OU will keep winning Heismans and Big 12 Championships! Enjoy our 5* QB, 5*TE and 3 5* WR’s for the next few years! Boomer!

What do you know about qb’s? If the one you have now hadn’t come out of a UT vagina you wouldn’t have one now. Sam is. Or elete. There aren’t elite qb’s lining up to play at UT. Keep thinking Your something and OU will keep winning Heismans and Big 12 Championships! Enjoy our 5* QB, 5*TE and 3 5* WR’s for the next few years! Boomer!

God damn man what vagina birthed you? Damn hill billy! I said I said I think I saw a qb! GTFO!

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT