ADVERTISEMENT

Best non Texas games week 12

Anyone we can poach from Auburn’s recruiting class? That loss has to look bad to them…

Upset of the year: New Mexico State beats the hell out of Auburn 31-10
The SEC aggies couldn't even beat Auburn. So much for Auburn having momentum going into the Alabama game. I'll bet Saban won't even bother to watch film.

Last edited:
Hey for the time on 14 years were still in contention. Hey I'm excited and I can't wait for Saturday. For over a month the top 8 has not changed. But with the exception of Washington/Oregon State I don't see any chance of am upset.

The Big X is a waste of time till the Ohio State/Michigan game.
I'm really surprised that Clemson is such a big favorite over North Carolina.
Is Missouri really that good or is Florida just that bad?
Does Tennessee even have the right to be on the same field with Georgia?
I don't think Kansas State will cover with Kansas.

Once again the Pac XII has the most interesting matchups.
USC over UCLA
Utah over Arizona in a very close game

Matchup of the week is Washington/Oregon State. After thinking about it I'm going with the dawgs.

Upset of the week Chattanooga over Alabama. Yes somebody in the top 8 will go down this week
Well let's see who I got right

Clemson ✓
Missouri ✓ barely
Georgia ✓
Kansas State ✓✓ because I also said they wouldn't cover.
Washington ✓
USC x
Utah x hey on the last play of the game Arizona threw a bomb for a td.

Lincoln Riley and SC lost 5 of their last 6.

What happened to Mack Brown's tar heels?

Washington reminds me of Texas struggle in the first half and then change it up and manage to win a close game.

If Missouri wins next week they deserve to be in an elite bowl over Penn State.

And this week all top 10 teams won.
Beat Texas Tech and we should jump the Michigan/Ohio State loser. Win the Big XII title and well jump the loser of the Pac XII title game. If Florida State struggles without Jordan Travis they'll lose and we'll get to 4th place. See it's not so hard to make to make the playoffs lol.

Last edited:
i want to make the playoff obviously but if we finish 12-1 and get left out so be it. The 4 team playoff has always been a joke. It should of been 8 or 12 from day 1

Reactions: freeper
i want to make the playoff obviously but if we finish 12-1 and get left out so be it. The 4 team playoff has always been a joke. It should of been 8 or 12 from day 1
What if no. 4 is Alabama, and UT is left out? For the life of me, I cannot figure these morons out. The whole point of breaking down strength of schedule, reviewing stats, etc. is to figure out who is the best team. If they played on the field, then it is settled. Otherwise, why play any games.

What if no. 4 is Alabama, and UT is left out? For the life of me, I cannot figure these morons out. The whole point of breaking down strength of schedule, reviewing stats, etc. is to figure out who is the best team. If they played on the field, then it is settled. Otherwise, why play any games.
Yeah that’s been my whole thing with the playoff committee. The whole point of having a committee is to break down the nuances. If all your going to do is count losses we don’t need a committee for that.

Now there is no way Alabama gets left out though. They are either going to beat UGA and get in, or lose and have a 2nd loss.

I would argue that because of the injury to Travis you can not put FSU in the playoff. There is just no way you can argue they are a top 4 team without Travis. He bailed them out so many times this year, and it’s not a matter of “oh he will be back by playoff time so it will be ok”. No he’s not coming back. It is possible for a 1 loss team to be better than a team that has gone undefeated and the reason you have a committee is to make that distinction.

Yeah that’s been my whole thing with the playoff committee. The whole point of having a committee is to break down the nuances. If all your going to do is count losses we don’t need a committee for that.

Now there is no way Alabama gets left out though. They are either going to beat UGA and get in, or lose and have a 2nd loss.

I would argue that because of the injury to Travis you can not put FSU in the playoff. There is just no way you can argue they are a top 4 team without Travis. He bailed them out so many times this year, and it’s not a matter of “oh he will be back by playoff time so it will be ok”. No he’s not coming back. It is possible for a 1 loss team to be better than a team that has gone undefeated and the reason you have a committee is to make that distinction.
Apples to oranges, but 25 years or so ago, Kenyon Martin, who would become the number 1 draft pick in the NBA, got hurt in their conference tournament. Yet the BBall tournament committee kept Cincinnati as a no. 1 seed in the Big Dance. They were summarily dispatched. Its tragic that Travis got hurt for him and his team. But without him they are not final 4.

If we win our final two games and earn the Big 12 championship, we’re in the CFP. No way we get left out.
Oh there is a way

UGA wins the SEC
Big 10 champ
Pac 12 champ
Florida state underfed.
We’re #5 and out.

I just don’t believe the committee will put a 1 loss team over an undefeated team. They don’t have the balls.

Reactions: westx
Anyone we can poach from Auburn’s recruiting class? That loss has to look bad to them…
Deandre Carter. He's a top 125 player in the country. Interior offensive lineman. It came down between us and Auburn.

Also TJ Lindsey. He's a developmental 3 star but we were in his final 3.

We need Georgia to win out
Washington to win out
And FSU lose.

We win out and we're in. Probably get smashed by Georgia

We need Georgia to win out
Washington to win out
And FSU lose.

We win out and we're in. Probably get smashed by Georgia

Idk last time we played Georgia we had a lesser team BUT wait Georgia didn't want to play that game and didn't care so that's understandable too.....lol

Reactions: westx
Na that's every SEC Georgia person said and then Bevo almost curb stomped ugga
i mean i loved every minute of that game too and not saying Texas couldn't have won it if Georgia was full strength..but lets be honest..they had MULTIPLE nfl draftees out that game..

i mean i loved every minute of that game too and not saying Texas couldn't have won it if Georgia was full strength..but lets be honest..they had MULTIPLE nfl draftees out that game..
Ok I’d be honest but I have no idea. I’d like a list of who didn’t play. Ehlinger was a wrecking ball that game. Either way it will have no bearing on the next time we may play them. I think we match up pretty damn well. UT will step up if we get a chance. Or heck, I hope not, but we may be playing them in the Sugar Bowl again.

I’d rather focus on TT Friday night.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
I don't remember his name but we won because Sam Ehlinger was better then their qb.

And it was certainly Ehlinger's best game as a longhorn.

Ok I’d be honest but I have no idea. I’d like a list of who didn’t play. Ehlinger was a wrecking ball that game. Either way it will have no bearing on the next time we may play them. I think we match up pretty damn well. UT will step up if we get a chance. Or heck, I hope not, but we may be playing them in the Sugar Bowl again.

I’d rather focus on TT Friday night.
I don’t remember there being very many playera out. I only remember the cornerback. Not saying there wasn’t more, but I simply don’t know.

I don’t remember there being very many playera out. I only remember the cornerback. Not saying there wasn’t more, but I simply don’t know.
That’s what I was thinking. They might have had more but the only impact / starter was their All American CB. Can’t remember his name but he was a legit shut down corner. Don’t think he was much help in the run game though. Sam pretty much pummeled then with the QB run game if I remember correctly.

It was and is a W in the record books as far as I can tell. No matter who did or didn’t play.
I was on a cruise during that game and was the only person wearing burnt orange in the cruise bar. It was glorious.

Reactions: freeper and clob94

When the BCS dissolved so did fairness. The BCS computers represented the 2/3 SOS vote,the human vote was 1/3 of the equation iirc.

It was and is a W in the record books as far as I can tell. No matter who did or didn’t play.
I was on a cruise during that game and was the only person wearing burnt orange in the cruise bar. It was glorious.
What cruise line? @oldhorn2 basically lives on a cruise ship and I’m sure he’s sportingburnt orange much to the dismay of most of his fellow cruisers

Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT