ADVERTISEMENT

Best non Texas games week 12

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Hey for the time on 14 years were still in contention. Hey I'm excited and I can't wait for Saturday. For over a month the top 8 has not changed. But with the exception of Washington/Oregon State I don't see any chance of am upset.

The Big X is a waste of time till the Ohio State/Michigan game.
I'm really surprised that Clemson is such a big favorite over North Carolina.
Is Missouri really that good or is Florida just that bad?
Does Tennessee even have the right to be on the same field with Georgia?
I don't think Kansas State will cover with Kansas.

Once again the Pac XII has the most interesting matchups.
USC over UCLA
Utah over Arizona in a very close game

Matchup of the week is Washington/Oregon State. After thinking about it I'm going with the dawgs.

Upset of the week Chattanooga over Alabama. Yes somebody in the top 8 will go down this week

Hey for the time on 14 years were still in contention. Hey I'm excited and I can't wait for Saturday. For over a month the top 8 has not changed. But with the exception of Washington/Oregon State I don't see any chance of am upset.

USC over UCLA

Matchup of the week is Washington/Oregon State. After thinking about it I'm going with the dawgs.

Upset of the week Chattanooga over Alabama. Yes somebody in the top 8 will go down this week
Bama has already won that game they just have to show up and go through the motions

USC over UCLA

Upset of the week?? That would be the upset of the century. That’s Appalachian State vs aggy x Jimbo’s severance pay.

Nebraska at Wisconsin. Not a big game, but a couple of 5-5 name brands trying to be bowl eligible.

If you thought we had a tough stretch, Big Red has not even been bowling since 2016.

Nebraska at Wisconsin. Not a big game, but a couple of 5-5 name brands trying to be bowl eligible.

If you thought we had a tough stretch, Big Red has not even been bowling since 2016.
True dat, but don't sleep on Matt Rhule.

As your Waco correspondent I am here to report that TCU and Baylor have rejected the "Revivalry" moniker for "the Bluebonnet Battle". WTH??? Nothing pumps up the adrenaline like the thought of taking home the Bluebonnet Trophy. Regardless - put Coach Aranda out of his misery. Give the 13 and take the Horned Frogs.

True dat, but don't sleep on Matt Rhule.

As your Waco correspondent I am here to report that TCU and Baylor have rejected the "Revivalry" moniker for "the Bluebonnet Battle". WTH??? Nothing pumps up the adrenaline like the thought of taking home the Bluebonnet Trophy. Regardless - put Coach Aranda out of his misery. Give the 13 and take the Horned Frogs.
TCU and Baylor have the makings of a great rivalry. I hope next year the Big XII makes sure this is a traditional seasonal final. There are so many good reasons for that to happen. The games are close and down to the last play. And in 2011 and 2014 it was the best game of the year.

As for Saturday Aranda's job security is on the line these next two games. The frogs in a cake walk.

Lou at Miami should be a sneaky good game. Louisville has some very good wins, but I have to take Miami at home.

Utah at AZ: AZ is oddly favored by a point at home. I'll take the Utes in a farily easy win.

Georgia at Tenn: Georgia

UNC at Clemson: I'll take Clemson to win and take UNC out of the top 25

UCLA at USC: USC

Baylor at TCU: Boring, but TCU at home

Okie Lite at UH: Tricky to pick, but I'll take okie

UCF at Tech: I'll take Tech at home

KSU at KU: I have to take KU. KSU happens to be favored by 9.5

UW at Oregon St: OSU is favored by 1 point, but I'll take UW to win confortably

Hook'em!

Lou at Miami should be a sneaky good game. Louisville has some very good wins, but I have to take Miami at home.

Utah at AZ: AZ is oddly favored by a point at home. I'll take the Utes in a farily easy win.

Georgia at Tenn: Georgia

UNC at Clemson: I'll take Clemson to win and take UNC out of the top 25

UCLA at USC: USC

Baylor at TCU: Boring, but TCU at home

Okie Lite at UH: Tricky to pick, but I'll take okie

UCF at Tech: I'll take Tech at home

KSU at KU: I have to take KU. KSU happens to be favored by 9.5

UW at Oregon St: OSU is favored by 1 point, but I'll take UW to win confortably

Hook'em!
Jalon Daniels is out but if Jason Bean can go I'm going out on a limb and pick Kansas if not KSU.

Jedd Fisch is doing a fine job rebuilding Arizona but I think Utah wins.

I agree with your pics except Miami.

What has happened to North Carolina?

Upset of the week?? That would be the upset of the century. That’s Appalachian State vs aggy x Jimbo’s severance pay.
Outside of the overwhelming weight of probabilities I think they'll beat Alabama. After all they're only a 44.5 point underdog.

Hey fellas Slippery Rock is in the playoffs. Despite an untimely loss to Kutztown State the rock is 10/1 and ranked 15th and will host East Stroudsburg wherever the hell that is

Darrell and the Pryor boys would be so proud.

Jedd Fisch is doing a fine job rebuilding Arizona but I think Utah wins.
Does this strike anybody as odd? I have never heard of somebody never playing high school or college football and becoming a head coach of a D1 school or NFL:

Wikepedia
Fisch grew up in a Jewish family in Livingston, New Jersey and attended Hanover Park High School in nearby East Hanover Township.[3][4] Fisch did not play football at the high school or college level,[5] but instead was an all-state tennis player during his prep career.[6]

Fisch graduated from the University of Florida in 1998 with a degree in criminology.[2] He attended Florida almost solely for the opportunity to someday work for Florida head coach Steve Spurrier.[6]

Jedd Ari Fisch (born May 5, 1976) is an American football coach who is currently the head football coach at the University of Arizona. Fisch previously served as the quarterbacks coach for the New England Patriots and as an assistant offensive coordinator and senior offensive assistant for the Los Angeles Rams. In addition, Fisch served as the interim head football coach at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) for the final two games of the 2017 season. He was the quarterbacks coach, wide receivers coach, and passing game coordinator under head coach Jim Harbaugh at the University of Michigan from 2015 to 2016.[2] Fisch has served several stints as an assistant coach in both the professional and college ranks

So starts the bell campaign for Heisman for this guy. The Hawaiian southpaw spinner campaign is officially over.

Does this strike anybody as odd? I have never heard of somebody never playing high school or college football and becoming a head coach of a D1 school or NFL:

Wikepedia
Fisch grew up in a Jewish family in Livingston, New Jersey and attended Hanover Park High School in nearby East Hanover Township.[3][4] Fisch did not play football at the high school or college level,[5] but instead was an all-state tennis player during his prep career.[6]

Fisch graduated from the University of Florida in 1998 with a degree in criminology.[2] He attended Florida almost solely for the opportunity to someday work for Florida head coach Steve Spurrier.[6]

Jedd Ari Fisch (born May 5, 1976) is an American football coach who is currently the head football coach at the University of Arizona. Fisch previously served as the quarterbacks coach for the New England Patriots and as an assistant offensive coordinator and senior offensive assistant for the Los Angeles Rams. In addition, Fisch served as the interim head football coach at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) for the final two games of the 2017 season. He was the quarterbacks coach, wide receivers coach, and passing game coordinator under head coach Jim Harbaugh at the University of Michigan from 2015 to 2016.[2] Fisch has served several stints as an assistant coach in both the professional and college ranks
Well to be honest I wanted Utah to win but they were unable to replace Cam Rising. But how about Jedd Fisch? They're on the way to 9/3 and probably in the Alamo Bowl. If he can build off of this season they can be an asset to the new Big XII next year.

And Maryland had their chances. They got within 5 and their defense got some stops but their offense didn't get it done.

Last edited:
Also Louisville will win.
Tennessee ran 75 yards the a TD on the first play of the game.
Shameless SEC officiating hurt Chattanooga today. If not for that the score could have been different. It would have been 63/10.

BYU's inexperience cost them the game they had their chances. And Dillon Gabriel had nothing to do with it.
I watched a little of that game. Seeing the Wasatch Mountains made me wonder whaterver happed to sonofwasatch. Remember him. He hasn’t posted in ages.

Reactions: diadevic
I watched a little of that game. Seeing the Wasatch Mountains made me wonder whaterver happed to sonofwasatch. Remember him. He hasn’t posted in ages.
BYU has one of the greatest settings in college football definitely in the top 5.

Oh yeah. I remember that guy. It’s been a long while.

Tennessee scored the first play of the have on a 75 yard run. It was 7/0. Interesting? The score is now 38/10 Georgia. This will make 4 losses for Tennessee and the playoff committee stop the SEC bias and drop them out of the top 25.

Hey guys UCLA is leading USC 38/20 with 3 minutes to go. SC will end up losing 5 of their 6. This is the first time that Lincoln Riley has struggled as a hc. This is what happens when a coach with his kind of offense goes against a good defense stats and all. I realize now that Lincoln Riley's teams remind of Sherrill and Slocum's aggie teams the best teams in a week conference.

FSU may have just lost their QB for the year. Nasty injury. Bottom of his leg was facing the wrong way

FSU may have just lost their QB for the year. Nasty injury. Bottom of his leg was facing the wrong way
Yeah. Honestly if we win out we’re probably in the playoff now. I doubt Florida State gets through both their remaining games without dropping one the committee won’t do it, but honestly they aren’t a top 4 team without Travis.

Yeah. Honestly if we win out we’re probably in the playoff now. I doubt Florida State gets through both their remaining games without dropping one the committee won’t do it, but honestly they aren’t a top 4 team without Travis.
espn game day today was saying that if we win out we should get the 4th spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT