ADVERTISEMENT

Best non Texas games week 7

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Despite the loss and the bye week there's some great matchups this week. Conference by conference

The Pac XII has the most
Oregon State/UCLA going with the bruins
Southern Cal/Notre Dame taking SC but it's almost a certainty they will lose at least twice because the seasons over this is Lincoln Riley's worst defense and that's saying a lot.
Oregon/Washington the marquis matchup this weekend. Not sold on the dawgs yet. The ducks are better easy pick.

The Big XII
BYU/TCU pulling for the Mormons but the frogs should win.
Kansas/Oklahoma State rock chalk jayhawk

SEC only one this weekend
cow college/Tennessee aggies in the upset of the week

ACC
Is anyone on here besides me watching Mack Brown's tar heels? They're 5/0, ranked 12th and are on national tv Saturday night against the canes. This is the big game of the week for me. Going. with the heels

Big X has no compelling matchups Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are all playing overmatched teams and the rest of the Big X is a joke.

What do you have me @westx?

Last edited:
Reactions: westx and freeper
ACC
Is anyone on here besides me watching Mack Brown's tar heels?

Been watching them for several years. Great recruiting classes, a lot of hype, then then they end up underachieving in the second half of the season. Sound familiar?

Been watching them for several years. Great recruiting classes, a lot of hype, then then they end up underachieving in the second half of the season. Sound familiar?
Not this year. He has really good qb this year and an outstanding receiving corps and now Taz Walker is finally cleared to play. The defense is solid. Looking at their remaining they don't play Florida State, Notre Dame, and Louisville. If they win on Saturday and against Clemson next month and elite bowl appearance is not our of the question. Clearly you're the one not paying attention.

Since we are in a bye this week-- thread title is deceiving Clob......

Despite the loss and the bye week there's some great matchups this week. Conference by conference

The Pac XII has the most
Oregon State/UCLA going with the bruins
Southern Cal/Notre Dame taking SC but it's almost a certainty they will lose at least twice because the seasons over this is Lincoln Riley's worst defense and that's saying a lot.
Oregon/Washington the marquis matchup this weekend. Not sold on the dawgs yet. The ducks are better easy pick.

The Big XII
BYU/TCU pulling for the Mormons but the frogs should win.
Kansas/Oklahoma State rock chalk jayhawk

SEC only one this weekend
cow college/Tennessee aggies in the upset of the week

ACC
Is anyone on here besides me watching Mack Brown's tar heels? They're 5/0, ranked 12th and are on national tv Saturday night against the canes. This is the big game of the week for me. Going. with the heels

Big X has no compelling matchups Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are all playing overmatched teams and the rest of the Big X is a joke.

What do you have me @westx?
This must be a tough week to call. We are almost opposite accross the board

I like Oreg St over the Bruins. Oreg St has passed the eye test for me

Notre Dame and defense beats the Trojans

I am taking Penix and the Huskies over the Ducks

BYU beats TCU

Joey’s beat K St

KU over the Gundy’s

Aggies over the Vols

Mack beats the Canes

Reactions: freeper

BYU beats TCU

Joey’s beat K St

KU over the Gundy’s

Aggies over the Vols

Mack beats the Canes
i think Tennessee beats aggy by 10+

HOLLLLY SHYT

thats what we needed last weekend...wow the hail Mary wins it

WV at UH was nuts. Back and forth until a game winning hail mary win with 0:00 on the clock. WV had it won by scoring a TD at the end leaving only 13 seconds on the clock and an apparent 39-35 victory on the road. WV was penalized with excess celebration and their QB was taunting by waving good-bye to the UH fans. UH returns the penalized kick-off to mid-field which allowed them to pull off the upset.

WV was penalized with excess celebration and their QB was taunting by waving good-bye to the UH fans. UH returns the penalized kick-off to mid-field which allowed them to pull off the upset.

Garrett Greene giveth, and Garrett Greene taketh away. It's going to be a long trip back to West Virginia for him.

BYU beats TCU

Joey’s beat K St

KU over the Gundy’s

Aggies over the Vols

Mack beats the Canes
As much as I want to see Notre Dame beat SC they don't have any composure. They barely beat Duke. Dyk they only had 10 men on the field on the last 2 plays against Ohio State? And they got thumped by Louisville. We'll see.

WV at UH was nuts. Back and forth until a game winning hail mary win with 0:00 on the clock. WV had it won by scoring a TD at the end leaving only 13 seconds on the clock and an apparent 39-35 victory on the road. WV was penalized with excess celebration and their QB was taunting by waving good-bye to the UH fans. UH returns the penalized kick-off to mid-field which allowed them to pull off the upset.
Dammit, when WV scored the go ahead TD I said fvck and changed the channel. Missed the Hail Mary.

Why is anyone picking aggy over Tenn? aggy is a horrible road team under Jimbo and you’re expecting them to bounce back from Bama while on the road? Plus Huepel knows offense and Tenn has edge rushers.

Last edited:
Why is anyone picking aggy over Tenn? aggy is a horrible road team under Jimbo and you’re expecting them to bounce back from Bama while on the road? Plus Huepel knows offense and Tenn has edge rushers.
their defense is better then you think. They have more sacks than Tennessee, I believe 6 against Alabama.

Tennessee kept aggy in the game. Should have been a blow out. Aggy has a semi good defense, mainly a pass rush. Their offense is horrrrible.

Yormark’s Fighting Joey’s are getting ass pounded by K State.
Man you talk about backing the wrong horse

And with KU losing to Ok state and WVU losing to Houston the likely hood of an OU Texas rematch in the Championship game became much higher. Worst possible scenario for Yourmark

Could be a defacto playoff game for UT and OU too

Congratulations to USC for holding Notre Dame under 50 points. There were a lot of people who didn’t think they could do it, but they proved the doubters wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Belldozer1
Congratulations to USC for holding Notre Dame under 50 points. There were a lot of people who didn’t think they could do it, but they proved the doubters wrong.
Riley is exactly what alot of us said, a good OC but not a good HC overall, his NFL dreams may be starting to go bye bye. He's the type of guy who won't hire a hard nosed DC because he needs someone that will let Riley act like he's the Alpha dog of the coaching staff. Grinch is just that guy. Rileywill get runoff at USC at some point imo.

Riley is exactly what alot of us said, a good OC but not a good HC overall, his NFL dreams may be starting to go bye bye. He's the type of guy who won't hire a hard nosed DC because he needs someone that will let Riley act like he's the Alpha dog of the coaching staff. Grinch is just that guy. Rileywill get runoff at USC at some point imo.
I bet he makes a DC change in the off season. It is never, and I mean never, a good look when the BMDs and athletic director make you fire a coordinator.

Riley is exactly what alot of us said, a good OC but not a good HC overall,

At OU, he was handed off the keys to a program that was on an 11 game winning streak, defending Big 12 champions, and perennial Big 12 champions. When he left after five seasons, OU was struggling to beat teams like Tulane in one-possession games, and OU didn’t even make it to the Big 12 championship game in his final season. USC might be in for more of the same.

Reactions: Belldozer1

BYU beats TCU

Joey’s beat K St

KU over the Gundy’s

Aggies over the Vols

Mack beats the Canes
I had some agonizing losses that were so close Oregon and Kansas lost late. Now I'm sold on the dawgs. Kansas lost late to. The aggies have a good defense but their offense is as bad as your guys says it is. UCLA kept shooting themselves in the foot. I picked SC because Notre Dame had not shown any composure. And yet I'm glad I was wrong. With Caleb Williams having bad game the Heisman race is wide open.

I got TCU right. But the one I was pulling for the most was the tar heels. With the race to the Heisman now wide open put Drake Maye's name in the hat he's as good as advertised. And now that receiver Tez Bryant has been cleared to play they've got one of the best offenses in the country and a solid defense to match. They could crack the top 10 tomorrow. The only tough games remaining will be Duke and Clemson next month. And now the tar heels are in the running for a playoff spot.

I had some agonizing losses that were so close Oregon and Kansas lost late. Now I'm sold on the dawgs. Kansas lost late to. The aggies have a good defense but their offense is as bad as your guys says it is. UCLA kept shooting themselves in the foot. I picked SC because Notre Dame had not shown any composure. And yet I'm glad I was wrong. With Caleb Williams having bad game the Heisman race is wide open.

I got TCU right. But the one I was pulling for the most was the tar heels. With the race to the Heisman now wide open put Drake Maye's name in the hat he's as good as advertised. And now that receiver Tez Bryant has been cleared to play they've got one of the best offenses in the country and a solid defense to match. They could crack the top 10 tomorrow. The only tough games remaining will be Duke and Clemson next month. And now the tar heels are in the running for a playoff spot.
It was a tough week to call. I have Penix as the leading Heisman candidate. However, Caleb can still make up this bad loss-he is that good.

You know when he was at Oklahoma I remarked how well coached Riley's teams were. I remember thinking they never get called for holding. But in the Pac XII they get called for holding at least once, sometimes more a game. There's really not a reason but why did the Big XII refs always look the other way?

And you know I saw it a couple of years when they played Baylor Dave Aranda finally came up with a way to stop Lincoln Riley's offense. All of his qbs have an exceptional ability to scramble. But Baylor had a spy on Williams which kept him from scrambling. It put limits on their running game. Baylor didn't have an elite defense but they had an athletic one good enough to disguise their coverages, Williams threw a couple of pics and Baylor won. And Oklahoma didn't even gain 300 yards. Arizona did it last week and ND did it tonight. And I'm thinking why did it take the Big XII so long to figure it out?

You know when he was at Oklahoma I remarked how well coached Riley's teams were. I remember thinking they never get called for holding. But in the Pac XII they get called for holding at least once, sometimes more a game. There's really not a reason but why did the Big XII refs always look the other way?

And you know I saw it a couple of years when they played Baylor Dave Aranda finally came up with a way to stop Lincoln Riley's offense. All of his qbs have an exceptional ability to scramble. But Baylor had a spy on Williams which kept him from scrambling. It put limits on their running game. Baylor didn't have an elite defense but they had an athletic one good enough to disguise their coverages, Williams threw a couple of pics and Baylor won. And Oklahoma didn't even gain 300 yards. Arizona did it last week and ND did it tonight. And I'm thinking why did it take the Big XII so long to figure it out?
Maybe you were asleep when LSU killed Riley's offense in the playoffs with Hurts as the qb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT