ADVERTISEMENT

Best non Texas games week 13

Former Longhorn coach Mack Brown's UNC Tar Heels got mud-holed by NC State, 39-20, his third consecutive loss to the Wolfpack. It was a typical Mack Brown season, a lot of early hype, a mirage top ten ranking, then the end of the year collapse.
I love Mack Brown and as much as I want him to succeed he just doesn't have the fire he once had. Mack Brown needs to step down and retire.

I might have jumped the gun. Iowa State upset Kansas State in the snow I didn't see it but my brother said it was a he**uva game. Only the die hards were there to watch.

But this can benefit the horns. ISU is now 7/5 another team with a winning record that we beat.

The following stats boggled my mind a bit. Yesterdays ISU at KSU game:
ISU won 42-35 but,
KSU had 32 1st downs to ISU's 10
KSU had only 1 TO to ISU's 2
KSU's time of poss 42:12 to ISU's 17:48
KSU’s Tot Plays 102 to ISU’s 35
Fairly even penalties but, ISU had more 6 for 73 to KSU's 6 for 55
Fairly even Total Yards ISU's 488 to KSU's 497.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2300 Nueces
The following stats boggled my mind a bit. Yesterdays ISU at KSU game:
ISU won 42-35 but,
KSU had 32 1st downs to ISU's 10
KSU had only 1 TO to ISU's 2
KSU's time of possession 42:12 to ISU's 17:48
Fairly even penalties but, ISU had more 6 for 73 to KSU's 6 for 55
Fairly even Total Yards ISU's 488 to KSU's 497.
Weird game, bunch of snow and the Iowa St had white jerseys.

I even forgot one stat. I added above:
Total plays KSU’s 102 to ISU’s 35
Let me ask you something I think you would understand. I look at the betting lines for this week's games.

Oregon is 9.5 favorite but Florida State is only 5.5 favor is over a Louisville team that's lost 2 games.

But Washington is undefeated. Do you have an idea what the people in Vegas are thinking.

Let me ask you something I think you would understand. I look at the betting lines for this week's games.

Oregon is 9.5 favorite but Florida State is only 5.5 favor is over a Louisville team that's lost 2 games.

But Washington is undefeated. Do you have an idea what the people in Vegas are thinking.
I have no idea, but in my limited view of things, FSU looks like the “next man up” is taking care of business and will win out. I wouldn’t not bet against UW. I believe Penix is a better QB than Nix and will beat UO a second time, if not, at least cover

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT