ADVERTISEMENT

Best thing that ever happened to the Big12 is ...

You didn’t answer my question. Would the Big 12 take A&M back?
No with a period.
No with an exclamation point.
No with a hyphenation followed by a fvck no.
No with a comma followed by a never.

No.
No!
No- fvck no.
No, never.

Reactions: LonghornMM
And in case you don't believe me, here's how the conversation would go down--

Aggy President looks at 10 other university presidents and says, "We have changed our mind. We would like to rejoin the Big 12."

9 sets of eyes would turn toward the University of Texas president.
UT prez would laugh, slap the desk, point at aggy and say "Good one! You almost had me!"then get up and walk out.

End of meeting.

Agree with Jhop. I always thought you guys liked to get in on with A&M like OU fans did with the Huskers. Maybe not. But both were high tier programs that made money and provided plenty of competition. Now they aren't doing squat except making more TV money. Guess that is what it was all about. At least OU scheduled the Huskers for a home and home in a few years.

Agree with Jhop. I always thought you guys liked to get in on with A&M like OU fans did with the Huskers. Maybe not. But both were high tier programs that made money and provided plenty of competition. Now they aren't doing squat except making more TV money. Guess that is what it was all about. At least OU scheduled the Huskers for a home and home in a few years.
Kind of funny. The BIG12 was Really the worst thing to ever happen to Nebraska. They weren't allowed to take special ed kids anymore, a few years later they were done. A once elite blue blood program was done. But they had a hell of a run with partial qualifiers while it lasted. I really don't blame them for hating texas, but I wouldn't care if I were you guys.

That isn't what your students say.
Oh jeez.... our students who were in Jr high when the rivalry ended and have little or no understanding of the goings on during the talks, and are so deft at rational decision making that many of them carry a dildo around in their backpacks.....

I'm going to go ahead and let the adults in the know make the calls for right now. Texas has zero to gain from ever playing aggy again-- zero.

Oh jeez.... our students who were in Jr high when the rivalry ended and have little or no understanding of the goings on during the talks, and are so deft at rational decision making that many of them carry a dildo around in their backpacks.....

I'm going to go ahead and let the adults in the know make the calls for right now. Texas has zero to gain from ever playing aggy again-- zero.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying a lot of your current students do.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying a lot of your current students do.

The aggy student poll was statistically identical to the Texas student poll. Hopefully all of them will wise up in a few years.

Do you have a link for the aggy student poll? I never saw or heard anything about it if it did happen.

It was mentioned in at least one of the articles that you or one of the other aggy linked about the UT student poll. I'm sure you can find it rather easily if you look for it.

Do you have a link for the aggy student poll? I never saw or heard anything about it if it did happen.

I looked and also googled for an A&M poll. Found lots of references to the UT poll, but none for A&M. I don't think any poll ever took place. I think we might have talked hypothetically about it. What I will definitely agree with you is that the casual fans at both schools (those that go to a game a year, maybe two) want the game back. The more avid fans at both schools don't. Though I think the % is higher at UT than A&M of those that want to play again.

I looked and also googled for an A&M poll. Found lots of references to the UT poll, but none for A&M. I don't think any poll ever took place. I think we might have talked hypothetically about it. What I will definitely agree with you is that the casual fans at both schools (those that go to a game a year, maybe two) want the game back. The more avid fans at both schools don't. Though I think the % is higher at UT than A&M of those that want to play again.

Nope. aggy students also voted in an online poll, with 94 percent in favor of playing UT. Clearly stated in one of the articles that one of you linked here.

It doesn't matter what either student body thinks, or what a bunch of guys on a free board think. Money guys blame the other side for ruining the conference. Won't play until current Big $ boosters crap out on atleast one side. Long live the current BiG $ guys on both sides!!! The hate seems to grow without playing, that should be enough. It is for me.

Nope. aggy students also voted in an online poll, with 94 percent in favor of playing UT. Clearly stated in one of the articles that one of you linked here.

Never found a link. Google produces a ton of links for the UT poll, but nothing at all for A&M. When you find the link, please post it.

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/201...t-of-students-vote-in-support-am-rivalry-game

It was in the Daily Texan.

Wolf said around 3,000 students at A&M participated in an online poll that was 94 percent in favor of bringing back the game.

Wolf (I think) is a UT student government official. I don't know if A&M actually conducted an online student poll, but I do know it took me about 60 seconds to find it mentioned. BobWetlick must not be too good at Google.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
The best thing that ever happened to the Big XI is that Texas has never decided to leave. The Big XII is a Power conference as long as Texas remains a member, and the Big XII is on death watch the second Texas decides to leave.

Speaking of Big XII and its future: is Chip Brown still pushing for Texas to go Left Coast (Pac) or else figure how to get the Pac to merge with the Big XII?

Chip Brown has no say-so in what conference Texas plays in.
He has no decision making power, but he has a say as a journalist. And if I remember correctly, he pushed hard for Texas to join the Pac back before A&M left for the SEC and then after the Big XII was depleted.

He has no decision making power, but he has a say as a journalist. And if I remember correctly, he pushed hard for Texas to join the Pac back before A&M left for the SEC and then after the Big XII was depleted.

He can "say" what he wants to, but it has no impact on what conference Texas plays in.

ADVERTISEMENT